Culture How to Teach Your Kids to Fight Hate: An Age-by-Age Guide -

Syaoran Li

Disney Delenda Est
kiwifarms.net
If it's any consolation, there is a Muppet with HIV on Sesame Street. My question is, how do you teach your children about HIV/AIDS when they don't even know what sex is?
The Muppet with HIV on Sesame Street is only in the South African version of the show, where AIDS is a major problem even among heterosexuals and non-heroin addicts. There are a lot of kids in South Africa who are born with HIV because their mothers are infected and they got pozzed while developing in the womb. It's actually quite heartbreaking.

Do what we did in the 80s, imply they got it from a tainted blood transfusion or a medical professional re-using a needle.
Given the audience that version of Sesame Street is catering to, the Muppet in question was probably born with HIV because their mom was already infected before they were born.

If you were to introduce a character like that here, the "tainted blood transfusion" backstory won't work since blood banks and hospitals are very careful to make sure that donated blood is not tainted, precisely because HIV spread through the tainted blood supply back in the 80's.

Nowadays, the entirety of new HIV cases in the West are due to risky behaviors like promiscuous unprotected sex and IV drug use.

Screw Danlon

The Truncated White Man
kiwifarms.net
Unless their definition of hate is bullying other kids, the best way to fight hate is to not hate other people. Kids mimic.

Sadly, too many of the people writing these articles are full of nothing but hate. They cannot teach children not to hate. It bleeds out through their pores and infects their children, too.

Jaimas

Turned a Haro Into a Fighting Machine
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Muppet with HIV on Sesame Street is only in the South African version of the show, where AIDS is a major problem even among heterosexuals and non-heroin addicts. There are a lot of kids in South Africa who are born with HIV because their mothers are infected and they got pozzed while developing in the womb. It's actually quite heartbreaking.

Given the audience that version of Sesame Street is catering to, the Muppet in question was probably born with HIV because their mom was already infected before they were born.

If you were to introduce a character like that here, the "tainted blood transfusion" backstory won't work since blood banks and hospitals are very careful to make sure that donated blood is not tainted, precisely because HIV spread through the tainted blood supply back in the 80's.

Nowadays, the entirety of new HIV cases in the West are due to risky behaviors like promiscuous unprotected sex and IV drug use.
You say that, but California made it no longer a crime to knowingly infect someone with AIDS.

Syaoran Li

Disney Delenda Est
kiwifarms.net
You say that, but California made it no longer a crime to knowingly infect someone with AIDS.
Fair point, although that was fairly recent so we don't yet know how that will affect rates of HIV transmissions. It was still dumb as fuck for California to allow that to happen.

I still don't think we'll see the HIV Muppet on the American version of Sesame Street because even in the age of Desmond Is Amazing, that would be so on the nose that the normies would be royally pissed. Sesame Street has been an icon of kid shows since the early 70's, and it's one thing to have a gay wedding in an episode of Arthur, it's quite another to have a main character with HIV on a kids' show.

In South Africa, it works because AIDS is so endemic that a lot of children are born HIV positive because their mothers were infected and it's no fault of their own. You can't do that in the United States (or really anywhere outside of the Third World) due to HIV and AIDS having a different historical context in the West.

The history of HIV and AIDS in America is primarily associated with promiscuous sex (particularly among gay men) and hard drug use and now you don't really have accidental infection via blood transfusion anymore thanks to advanced screening and testing processes. If they added an HIV-positive in the American version of the show back in the 80's or early 90's back when you had cases like Ryan White or Tom Fogerty who got infected through tainted blood instead of sex or drug use, maybe it would've worked.

ZeCommissar

Cutest commissar this side of the segmentum
kiwifarms.net
It's one thing to try and instill values in your kid. Especially if its decent ones like "do not judge people off of initial observations, but of their actions" It is every parents duty to instill respectable values in their children while still letting them choose their own path. Just try to educate them to choose that path in the best way they can.

Brainwashing them to be the perfect "woke" child is fucking sick however. This is no different than when you see those pictures of kids in Klan hoods, or waving neo-nazi flags. To not even give them the choice of free thought while they are still vulnerable is predatory as fuck, and it WILL bite you in the ass later. Billy is going to start shitposting on 4chan about kikes, and Tammy is going to start sucking BBC in college behind her Klan dad's back.

This is not how you remove prejudice and racism, this is how you perpetuate it.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like the theory made by Thomas Sowell that race baiting is a business and racism is needed for useless people to have something to do
"If our society had no social problems at all, the leftists would have to INVENT problems in order to provide themselves with an excuse for making a fuss." - Unabomber quoted by Washington Post

I had a similar line of thought: do away with any terms for discrimination like racism, sexism, etc. because they seem to promote dividing everyone into "marginalized" and "oppressor." An actual act of discrimination could be called other stuff like "being a jerk" or "a dick move" instead. It's like doing away with "hate crime" and prosecuting any actual crime as what it would be otherwise, rather than raising identity politics. It's not unlike Martin Luther King Jr. saying we should be judged by the content of our character rather than the color of our skin.

Anyway I'm sleepy so I hope I'm making sense. Like I said, it's BS to hold one automatically responsible for actions of others of their kind. Even if their kind in question is a "dominant group."

Last edited:

Local Coyote

Hey man, got any cats?
kiwifarms.net
The only thing in that article that isn't insane is encouraging your kids to learn a second language. It's a genuinely useful skill.

Otherwise it's so easy. Teach your kids to be kind and that if they have any questions about life that you will answer. Kids give less of a shit than you think.

• Agree
Reactions: Syaoran Li

BananaSplit

kiwifarms.net
It's one thing to try and instill values in your kid. Especially if its decent ones like "do not judge people off of initial observations, but of their actions" It is every parents duty to instill respectable values in their children while still letting them choose their own path. Just try to educate them to choose that path in the best way they can.
Funny you say that because the "judge people by their behavior" is exactly what people preaching anti-racism are against generally. They dont want non-whites to be ever accountable for their own actions because of their color skin alone, and they get extra protection from the media and government in any case.

Seeing behavior patterns in foreign tribes is therefore forbidden, so again the whole anti-racism sentiment is just based on pure insanity and self-hating/harm.

AltisticRight

Matt Jarbo is not the father.
kiwifarms.net
The amount of homosexuality is staggering. It's gayer than 20 gay pride parades.

This is reality.
Me: Ching Chong, don't call that hooked nosed banker with a round hat on his head a kike and don't call that dark skinned man you can barely see at night a nigger.
Ching Chong: Hi banker kike, hi nigger gets shot.
of course kiwifarms users don't even have a partner, let alone a child

Kids will always do the exact opposite. The author definitely has no kids which is the only good think about this article. People who put out this kind of shit should not breed.

Dumb Bitch Smoothie

Certified Thread Derailer™
kiwifarms.net
People keep skirting the real issue here.

It isn't about teaching tolerance and compassion, it's the fact that from the late 80s and on kids were treated like they were fucking special and better than everyone else. The whole participation trophy bullshit. And when these kids get to being around other kids who don't coddle them and treat them like the adults in their life, they end up shocked that little Susan or little Robert doesn't think they're awesome. Or they get mad that the teacher grades their work for what it is and doesn't fawn over them like their parents do.

And these same kids get bullied and it rocks their world because they're so used to being perfect at home. It's the same deal with all the kids who were told they were "gifted" who are now adults and a good percentage of them are NEETs who gave up for one reason or another. That coddling is what makes these kids anxiety and depression infinitely higher because they spent the most important years of their lives being shovel fed bullshit. The same reason why there are so many fatties because nobody wanted to tell these kids how to say no to shit so they ruin their bodies later on, the reason why so many of them lives as slobs because their parents did everything for them.

And when they get older, they harbor resentments which manifest into these exceptional behaviors because nobody had the balls to knock their crotch goblins down a few rungs. Teach them the importance of winning and losing, the importance of differences and not seeing them as a threat, and most importantly making sure they don't have any false notions moving forward. By all means treat your child with love and celebrate their successes but teach them to be humble. That goes further than having conversations about race or gender or whatever at a young age. They don't get that. They understand things that influence them on a day to day basis like the games they play and the things that interest them.

But nobody wants to admit their own failures, they want to blame it on some greater cultural bullshit.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
I was probably more racist as a kid than I am now, and that's saying something. Before public school brainwashed me into thinking that judging people is evil no matter what, I couldn't stand anyone that wasn't snow-white and Germanic-looking; as is the natural state for children, because fearing people who are outside of your tribe is an excellent defense mechanism.
I thought that way until the black kids all started to bully me.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
This won't work at all. All it takes is one anecdotal mishap or event and it will lead to the alternative.

- Learning multiple languages, and then hearing certain language speakers talking shit about your race? Yeah, that's not going to lead to trust.

Seeing these actions are aimed at White children and not other race children also won't help. (It doesn't specify, but come on learning other languages, why would they need to do that if people were adapting t the culture they are arriving in?)

Let alone seeing other races acting tribal on average vs. not acting tribal (minority of the minority) will lead to reverse conclusions as well.
That's exactly why this is worthless nonsense. All modern leftist garbage is predicated on assumptions that just aren't justified. "White people need to put more effort in because whites are responsible for most of the trouble". No, I reject your premise because black people getting attacked by other blacks don't care how many white people drinking at a microbrewery perform some empty navel-gazing about their own privilege before continuing to not do anything. If they were willing to do the same "self crit" they demand of everyone else they'd understand that maybe they are leaping to false conclusions.

Spastic Colon

My pronouns are fuck/you
kiwifarms.net
Kids are completely un PC. They have no filters and they have to be taught how to exercise self-control. The main lesson is that we do not always say what pops into our heads. My kid said the most racist thing ever when he was about 3 and I nearly died of embarrassment because I was certain that everyone thought we were donning our white KKK robes at home. I think I bought nearly every children's book on skin color and race that they sold on Amazon in order to nip that in the bud. I overreacted to it because I was terrified of my kid becoming a racist.

Kids say all kinds of un-PC stuff all the time. They point out when people are really fat or when they have weird piercings or lots of tattoos. They just say whatever pops in their head. And some of the things they say are actually valid observations of the world around them. It just isn't something that most of us say out loud. But a lot of us think it. I mean, KF wouldn't exist if we didn't. It's easier to speak the truth anonymously on a forum than it is in real life.

That's the thing. We can't always control the thoughts we have about others. I might notice a pattern of behavior of a certain group, but I don't dare say it out loud because that makes me a terrible person. It really might just be a neutral observation that doesn't mean I hate the group -- just that I notice a common trait or behavior of that group. But I feel like a racist for even noticing it and thinking it. So, when I get accused of being a racist for simply being white -- I do feel guilty because I know my thoughts aren't pure, even if I never show the thought in my actions or speech. To me, that's the basis for the white guilt that is driving the left. No matter how hard we try to be equal and inclusive, we can't make ourselves enjoy spending time around people that do things that irritate us or have very different cultural norms than we do. And not being able to criticize a group without being labeled as a nasty human being actually makes me more likely to hate that group. PC culture ends up generating hate, not dismantling it.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino