How volatile is the USA these days? - Amerifag opinions wanted!

Recon

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's not actually volatile. Legacy media makes its dime on the back of its relevance. Relevancy is maintained the same way it is in a communist or fascist dictatorship - constant war or panic of some sort.
Everything's always coming down, so we watch the news all the time to stay up to date.
Shit, all media does this. Tim Pool does this. The sky is falling, right Tim?

Everything's fine, this country is more efficiently sedated than you might think.

Chichan

kiwifarms.net
It's not actually volatile. Legacy media makes its dime on the back of its relevance. Relevancy is maintained the same way it is in a communist or fascist dictatorship - constant war or panic of some sort.
Everything's always coming down, so we watch the news all the time to stay up to date.

Everything's fine, this country is more efficiently sedated than you might think.
With that in mind people are more likely to kill themselves at this point than start a revolution.

The Pink Panther

Think Like Pink
kiwifarms.net

Tim Pool be like: DA LEFT IS ON THE BRINK OF CIVIL WAR. WE ARE APPROACHING A CIVIL WAR. WE HAVE NEVER BEEN APPROACHING CIVIL WAR MORE THAN WE HAVE BEEN SO NOW. THIS IS SCARY, THIS MIGHT BE A DEADLY WAR THE LEFT IS PULLING. I'M ON THE LEFT AND EVEN I THINK THIS IS SCARY.

ZeCommissar

Cutest commissar this side of the segmentum
kiwifarms.net
I....I live in constant fear everyday. Political Gangs are roaming the streets, women are being raped, and Nazis are rounding up all the minorities in my town. The Second American Civil War is well underway and soon our once prosperous nation will fall like Rome.

Yeah....no

The USA is pretty fine besides the economy. Honestly if it wasn't for the economy people would probably not be so stressed out right now and trying to LARP as a communist in America.

However even on that note people are absolutely correct when it comes to people being too lazy to do anything. Even the poorest non-homeless people here have far more luxury here than say the poorest in China, India, or god forbid Africa. Honestly Europe is in far more danger of having massive political upheavals at the moment than The United States.

Last edited:

Croan Çhiollee

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought. I think my cousin is just freaking out over nothing. Her husband is not likely to give up his handgun collection for no good reason.

Reactions: Kiwi Jeff

Shadfan666xxx000

kiwifarms.net
What's wrong with the economy?
Nobody has a job that they want since a whole generation was just wasted on the "go to college and be white collar" meme not to mention how the economic engine that peaked in the 50s has been eroding itself for decades. Really it's a good thing for the people on the tip-top everyone has something they're addicted to because we wouldn't otherwise have suicides and complacency but probable murder and genuine unrest.

SmallTalk201

kiwifarms.net
I made a thread bout this called collective despair.

On the surface everything fine but there seems be a collective malaise going on. It's not out and out violence but mass indirect violence which is occurring.
such as the ideological struggle happening within the fbi.

America is in the process of changing or self destructing because of this malaise. Call it a decline or whatever you want but it's going be slow just not in your face like how it going in Hong Kong or France

Last edited:

Autocrat

Xenofascist
kiwifarms.net
No, it's not hostile outside the media / online. At least insofar as the political climate. Other than that, California generally feels more hostile than other areas of the country that I've been to.

Particularly SoCal and the Bay Area.

They should just leave the state.

Apoth42

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net

Most of these attacks are about personal emotional shit than anything political.

Kinda why they murder random innocent civilians instead of targets that probably should be bombed and shot up.

• Agree
Reactions: Recon

nobodytm

kiwifarms.net
austraelia is a communist utopia
come comrade we need all the firefighters we can get
yensid commands it

Coleman Francis

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not volatile at all despite what the media would have you believe. The vast majority (98%+) get along great but you have to remember that the media's job is to sell controversy and invent crisis where there is none in order to get ratings. Tragedy and controversies get big ratings and the members of the media are complete scumbags with zero pride, morals, or civic responsibility. They dont care about being accurate, they just care about ratings aka money.

Screaming Bird

Let me sing you the song of my people
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's a certain amount of volatility, mostly in the form of lone-wolf-style terrorist attacks by extremists on either side. These do seem to be escalating, but the odds for your average american citizen being caught in one remain very, very low. Be more worried about car accidents and cancer.

Since your cousin is in commiefornia, she may be surrounded by more volatility than most, as antifa is very active on the west coast. They're mostly loud wimps, but they do sometimes get genuinely violent. If she's surrounded by all this CURB STOMP CONSERVATIVES rhetoric as well as antifa's exaggeratedly dire warnings that fascists are coming for all of us right now, I could understand why she might be concerned, but she really should just leave the state if that's the case.

The political situation is extremely obnoxious tribalism, but I don't know if that's much better elsewhere in the western world. I'd say any kind of mass violence or real political collapse is a good ways off.

sperginity

everything is terrible
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The only thing that is worse than other eras in american history is the existence of internet hug boxes for spergs to retreat into when they feel threatened. People feel more free to freak out about their fears than ever before, but things are demonstrably less dangerous than they have been in the past. The civil war didn't manage to end the country, neither did the great depression, the civil rights movement, etc. People are such fucking pansies now.

Crichax

I want to Cra-chiax YOUR spine
kiwifarms.net
If they do move to Australia, just let them know that while online censorship is happening there, several internet companies actually do want to allow places such as Kiwi Farms to be accessed. So, Australia is really one of the better places to move to if you're a savvy internet user.

I would recommend they stay in the U.S., though. The moving costs would be too high, IMO. And from what I've heard from Australian YouTubers, prices are expensive over there due to Chinese and other Asian companies making their goods more expensive for Australian retailers. However, I've never been to the country myself, so I could be wrong.

Of course his environment will feel volatile if he mostly hangs out in places that are on fire.

I kid, but America is currently a very inhospitable place if your parents weren’t born there or your skin is at least a shade darker than wonder bread.
Can you give examples of this? I know the media likes to scream that, but that doesn't match my experience. Also, what other place is better that way?

It's cool and hip to trash the US and call everyone racist, but don't lose perspective...
Nobody has a job that they want since a whole generation was just wasted on the "go to college and be white collar" meme not to mention how the economic engine that peaked in the 50s has been eroding itself for decades. Really it's a good thing for the people on the tip-top everyone has something they're addicted to because we wouldn't otherwise have suicides and complacency but probable murder and genuine unrest.
So... the economic situation is better than it's ever been? People have always worked jobs they'd rather not, that's why it's called a job, not a hobby.

As you can probably see, the US is so non-volatile that people get bored here and have to imagine wild and crazy reasons why it secretly is terrible.

Imperial Guardsman

kiwifarms.net
It's hysteria. Considering they live in San Diego they are surrounded by people who believe Trump is Hitler and that we are about to witness a Mexican holocaust and the beginings of the revival of slavery. While the radicals on both sides don't help the situation with hardcore white nationalists on the right and antifa on the left both causing problems I don't think the US is on the verge of a second civil war or any type of political violence. Though I think regardless of whoever wins in 2020 there will be alot of angry people sperging out and trying to larp as a revolutionary.

American media loves doom and gloom and talking about the absolute worst and violent shit because it gets people to watch, anyone who hasn't grown up here, are too trusting and ignorant or has their head so far up their ass they don't see it will always be fearful of the world and believe narratives put out that exist to serve a specific purpose.

Shadfan666xxx000

kiwifarms.net
Can you give examples of this? I know the media likes to scream that, but that doesn't match my experience. Also, what other place is better that way?

It's cool and hip to trash the US and call everyone racist, but don't lose perspective...

So... the economic situation is better than it's ever been? People have always worked jobs they'd rather not, that's why it's called a job, not a hobby.

As you can probably see, the US is so non-volatile that people get bored here and have to imagine wild and crazy reasons why it secretly is terrible.
Maybe "job they want" might be a poor turn of phrase. I guess the phrase I'm looking for is "meaningful job". Theres very little of personal worth to be found in the modern workplace particularly in white collar professions and blue collar has it's own bullshit to break through which most people are put off by and tend to find difficult to acclimate into. By the nature of the industrial and now post-industrial economy, people are funneled into fairly meaningless roles for which they work hard and may be paid very well but still find a deep spiritual malaise since so much of it has no personal touch and no sense of purpose outside of the most abstract meaning. While such existence is by no means exclusive to the United States, it really contrasts heavily with how brash the country really used to be.
For example this article:
These people are geniuses who are successful by every objective metric but they still turned out neurotic and feeling trapped in life. They could have been the lieutenants of robber barons or robber barons themselves but instead many of them are tied down and suffocated almost by their lives. What of the millions who are otherwise mediocre by comparison?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Travoltron

Croan Çhiollee

kiwifarms.net
If they do move to Australia, just let them know that while online censorship is happening there, several internet companies actually do want to allow places such as Kiwi Farms to be accessed. So, Australia is really one of the better places to move to if you're a savvy internet user.

I would recommend they stay in the U.S., though. The moving costs would be too high, IMO. And from what I've heard from Australian YouTubers, prices are expensive over there due to Chinese and other Asian companies making their goods more expensive for Australian retailers. However, I've never been to the country myself, so I could be wrong.
They are hyper-normie, so I don't think internet access is going to be an issue. I have a feeling that the husband in the situation actually voted for Trump, so they aren't hysterically left wing, probably the general moderate left which is the norm (at least here in Melbourne).
I'm not sure how expensive Australia is compared to the USA, every time I've been over there the only real difference I noticed was the price of alcohol and tobacco (we have ridiculous taxes on both). Food seems to be roughly equivalent, and wages for blue collar workers are certainly higher (our minimum wage is about $13/hr usd).

• Winner
Reactions: Crichax
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino