How would Chris do in a group home?

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I_Am_Honor_Roll

Who Can Blow The Biggest Fart?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh Jesus--when you said 'group home', I initially envisioned Chris being sent to an old folk's home for some reason.

Group home? He'd kill himself. Or at least attempt it. Or make passes at the girl-friend free nurses/social workers and throw tantrums when it wasn't reciprocated.

And then attempt suicide again.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh Jesus--when you said 'group home', I initially envisioned Chris being sent to an old folk's home for some reason.
Still if he managed to live til he's 90, he'd be there anyway.

Group home? He'd kill himself. Or at least attempt it. Or make passes at the girl-friend free nurses/social workers and throw tantrums when it wasn't reciprocated.

And then attempt suicide again.
I bet.

Asandy31

Even Stingers Can Be Feminine
kiwifarms.net
A group home wouldn't be necessary for Chris, he functions well enough. He'd do just fine with a mentor, someone who comes by and makes sure he's taking care of himself and helping him with things he struggles with like paying his bills.
It's on general consensus that Chris is quickly regressing and also remember, he burned down his home at 3:00 o' clock in the morning because his biological clocked craved some coffee and probably about 3-5 lbs of sweets. What will he do after Barb dies? Arrested for animal hoarding, arrested for letting meth heads turn 14C into a drug den, just because one told him she though he was cute?
Wait, is this before or after he finds Bob's gun?
I doubt he'd do anything to himself, but we would get to see the "Trannys' got a gun" saga on national news.
Who didn't get punched in the face at high school? I think that getting tossed into an environment where he's constantly surrounded by other people would benefit him in so far as he'd be forced to adapt somewhat just for his own sanity (what's left of it).
With the level of Chris' Autism, it would be much quicker and more gratifying to watch a rock adapt to its environmeal,
Chris has already been tossed into social environments, the problem is they all tossed him back out, starting as young as childhood. Normal people ignore him and react aggressively to his initial and often unjustified aggressive behavior, while other people with developmental delays probably think him to be a pretentoud and stupid snob. Chris gets kicked out of most places where people congregate. I'm still shocked Barb's womb did not give him the boot after the 6 month mark of her pregnancy.
The reason Chris is unwanted in several places? He has no concept of personal space except his own, he has no concept of respect except his own.

timtommy

I am a damn Smoker!
kiwifarms.net
Of course there would be issues. But group homes are designed for people with issues. He would whine and complain, and then he would settle in and realize what he could and couldn't do.

Whether he would be happier would be an interesting question. On the one hand, he would have support, structure, and friendly faces. These are clearly major things missing from his life. But it is hard for him to wrap his mind around the absence of them. On the other hand, in the group home, there would be rules, (mana)jerks, and other things which would annoy him on a daily basis. So he might be happier on a subconscious, longer-term scale, but less happy on a day-to day in the moment scale. If that makes any sense.

But as people have said, it would take a major change for it to happen. It doesn't seem at all likely in the near future. I think it could happen in 10 years, but only because 10 years is a long time and I think almost anything could happen over that time span.

Cunty Boo Boo

sketti'n'butter
kiwifarms.net
Warning: Powerlevel

Used to work as a caregiver in a group home. Chris probably would be very unhappy, but the stability it would provide him would do him wonders. Caregivers ensure that their clients eat nutritious meals (he'd still get to eat out, but it'd be once a week tops as a treat), regularly attend to their hygiene (including changing and washing clothes), stay aware of their interactions (as far as group home standards go, Chris actually would be very high functioning. He would get a lot of freedom and more privacy, but it's still in the group home's rights to monitor things like internet and who they visit/visits them), and make sure they get their medications.

To clear up some confusion, because more than one person has been wrong:
Unless Barb paid for Chris to be in a private facility, Chris would almost undoubtedly be in a state-funded facility. That means he'd be receiving SSI and food stamps. They would probably encourage him to find employment in a work environment he could handle (a workshop, fast food, maybe even a valet since he can drive), but he could only hold so much money in his bank account before the state would cut his benefits. So they wouldn't actually be taking his money, but he wouldn't have a ton of money for toys.

MediExcalibur2012

kiwifarms.net
The possibility of Chris going to a group home post Barb has been brought up a few times and I've been wondering how well Chris would do in a group home situation. I don't think she would do to well with constant interaction with males especially if one has has a supervisory role over him. Also from what I've heard most group homes forbid romantic relationships between residents so that could lead to some "Virginia is for Virgins" rantings. Does anyone here have any experience with group homes that could provide insight into how Chris would deal with one.

If it's a house of normal people; they won't probably let him stay due to his unhealthy physical and mental condition

If it's someone he knows of that knows him back; if they would know that he is a train wreck to let in the house

If it was a retirement home; they'll lock him up in a room and won't care that much for him due to his mental condition

Ie. Shits himself and screams

Status
Not open for further replies.