How would you react if your son/daughter came out as LGBT/trans? -

Monika H.

J̷̯̀ų̸͝s̷̖̏t̴̥̒ ̴̠͝M̴̜̽ó̴̧ń̶͎ì̷͖k̵̺̕a̷̲͝
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I admit I'd be quite supportive, although I won't let them troon out or do stupid shit.
Ether they do it right or they won't do it.
I'll open up the Farms and let them see all the troons and what miserable lives they live, especially ADF.

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
LGB? OK, kid, just be safe. (Depends on age though - any younger than 10 I'd kind of ask them exactly what they thought that meant/entailed and why they were feeling that way at this point in their lives.)
T? Kid, no. You think you're the opposite sex from what your body happens to be? What frame of reference do you even have for determining this? Do you know what kind of can of worms you're opening? This isn't something you do for funsies or attention.

tumblrkek

never gonna make it
kiwifarms.net
If they're gay or bi it's cool I'd not give a shit, just do your thing and don't be too much of a degenerate
But if they even start to consider trooning out I'd whip out the belt instantly and tell them that if they want to be a faggot it won't be under me roof

Monika H.

J̷̯̀ų̸͝s̷̖̏t̴̥̒ ̴̠͝M̴̜̽ó̴̧ń̶͎ì̷͖k̵̺̕a̷̲͝
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If they're gay or bi it's cool I'd not give a shit, just do your thing and don't be too much of a degenerate
But if they even start to consider trooning out I'd whip out the belt instantly and tell them that if they want to be a faggot it won't be under me roof
The sweetness of someone with tumblr in their name saying this

Nekromantik

I was phone!
kiwifarms.net
I will always love my kids, even if they're gay, bi, or don't like garlic bread. No matter who they date I will still share the same embarrassing stories of their youth with their new girlfriend or boyfriend.

Seriously, why don't you like garlic bread, son? it's not from my side of the family or your fathers, why are you like this? It's ok more garlic bread for us. At least he was polite in telling me he didn't care for it. He's never thrown a fit in expressing that he doesn't like something. I just don't know why he doesn't care for garlic bread.

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
I will always love my kids, even if they're gay, bi, or don't like garlic bread. No matter who they date I will still share the same embarrassing stories of their youth with their new girlfriend or boyfriend.

Seriously, why don't you like garlic bread, son? it's not from my side of the family or your fathers, why are you like this? It's ok more garlic bread for us. At least he was polite in telling me he didn't care for it. He's never thrown a fit in expressing that he doesn't like something. I just don't know why he doesn't care for garlic bread.
...You're a better man than I. Garlic haters have no home here.

cuddle striker

please wait what is your genotype
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
no bottom surgery. no carcinogenic drugs until you're out from under my roof.
therapy, with an actual psych.

gay it up all you want though. in any direction.

I don't have kids though. maybe my hound dog is gay. he's never talked about it and didn't seem to mind getting castrated.

Clop

kiwifarms.net
I believe in a child's need for unconditional love from their parents, so I wouldn't shame or punish them for it. I'd make it quite clear that whatever they want to make of themselves is up to them once they grow up, but not a moment before. You shouldn't even be straight until you're old enough to have responsibility (and I don't mean adult, just old enough to grasp the seriousness of pregnancy, disease and abuse), being gay or trans is no different.

Of course kids resent parents for all that, and some insane countries even punish the parents for common sense, but it is an imperfect world. A knee-jerk reaction would just seal the deal for any rebellious kid that thinks they're invincible and life's too short.

I've heard the horror stories of parents sending their kids to college and then hearing they've gone to get themselves "fixed" etc. but at that point it's their business, their mistake. I just want my children to grow up knowing that there's always a seat at the dinner table for them for as long as I live. Because I am also responsible for whatever life I create.

Zeke Von Genbu

BRINGER OF CHAOS (Art by KF user: FroggyMan)
kiwifarms.net
I think as long as you're not an idiot being LGB doesn't matter, ignoring certain sections of gay culture, being gay in of itself isn't this dangerous life choice as long as you practice safe sex and don't have some other weird sexual shit going on.

Being trans is a huge can of worms of hard to navigate situations even if you as a parent are someone who isn't against transgendered people, or at least it should be unlike what some parents seem to want to believe from what I've seen on KF about this topic. This is a very adult observation that I've seen people fail to pin down for their entire lives and this actually does have life lingering consequences if you guess wrong. A child has no means to fully comprehend what is going on until they're basically an adult, at least their early to mid 20s bare minimum no question. I'd also show them rat king when they approach that age so they know what NOT to be, as that stuff has made me question my personal stance on this topic many times. Transtrenders ruin everything.

Personally as long as you literally just want to be your opposite gender and try to calmly move into that gender without starting a parade or a fuss for attention, do what you want kid. Obviously if they're out of my roof they can do whatever, just that is where I think my overall support on the manner would be.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino