How would you react if your son/daughter came out as LGBT/trans? -

Zeke Von Genbu

BRINGER OF CHAOS
kiwifarms.net
I think as long as you're not an idiot being LGB doesn't matter, ignoring certain sections of gay culture, being gay in of itself isn't this dangerous life choice as long as you practice safe sex and don't have some other weird sexual shit going on.

Being trans is a huge can of worms of hard to navigate situations even if you as a parent are someone who isn't against transgendered people, or at least it should be unlike what some parents seem to want to believe from what I've seen on KF about this topic. This is a very adult observation that I've seen people fail to pin down for their entire lives and this actually does have life lingering consequences if you guess wrong. A child has no means to fully comprehend what is going on until they're basically an adult, at least their early to mid 20s bare minimum no question. I'd also show them rat king when they approach that age so they know what NOT to be, as that stuff has made me question my personal stance on this topic many times. Transtrenders ruin everything.

Personally as long as you literally just want to be your opposite gender and try to calmly move into that gender without starting a parade or a fuss for attention, do what you want kid. Obviously if they're out of my roof they can do whatever, just that is where I think my overall support on the manner would be.

Yuusha-sama

Protector of voluptuous tights
kiwifarms.net
"How would you react if your son/daughter came out as LGBT/trans?"

Which son?
I have no son!

Kidding aside.
My first reaction would be this:

Second would woul be this:

Life goes on with him or without him.
Depends on how much of a fag he is.

TerribleIdeas™

kiwifarms.net
I don't care if they're a fag as long as I meet who it is they're dating
I don't give a shit who they want to date, as long as there isn't a gross power/age imbalance (think teacher/student, etc., or other grooming situations), as long as their prospective partner understands that shotgun shells travel faster after 2130, and that "8 rules for dating my child" are understating my protectiveness.

And if my kid came out as trans in their late teens, we could talk about it, but I don't buy this "trans kids in elementary school" bullshit; it's like vegan cats.

Sprig of Parsley

kiwifarms.net
I'd still love them but God damn is the LGBT community full of degenerates. I'd do my best to make sure they dont end up dancing on a pride float or pozzed.
I never understood a lot of pride parades. "Hey, I know the best way to build a bridge between the LGB and straight people would be to highlight and emphasize how similar we actually are despite our differences but I'm going to go ahead and roll down the street in rollerblades and a pink thong with rainbow-colored dildos glued to me because it's so fun to shock those uptight breeders lolol"

ProgKing of the North

Close to the edge, just by the Riverlands
kiwifarms.net
I'd still love them but God damn is the LGBT community full of degenerates. I'd do my best to make sure they dont end up dancing on a pride float or pozzed.
The people dancing on pride floats look like they're having a good time, I don't see the issue with it. Not something I'd personally enjoy doing, but hey, whatever

Sprig of Parsley

kiwifarms.net
My niece has declared herself a lesbian and I have no idea how much of it is her actual alignment and how much of it is her figuring out it's trendy through cultural osmosis.
Supposedly women/girls are perfectly capable of believably emulating les/bi even if they don't actually identify as such. Something for the "Research this" pile, I guess.

• Informative
Reactions: Syaoran Li

ButterBar

kiwifarms.net
I never understood a lot of pride parades. "Hey, I know the best way to build a bridge between the LGB and straight people would be to highlight and emphasize how similar we actually are despite our differences but I'm going to go ahead and roll down the street in rollerblades and a pink thong with rainbow-colored dildos glued to me because it's so fun to shock those uptight breeders lolol"

This will never stop being accurate.

The people dancing on pride floats look like they're having a good time, I don't see the issue with it. Not something I'd personally enjoy doing, but hey, whatever
So do people who are high on coke. I would also not like my kids to be cokeheads. And seriously think about it. Youd be happy to have your kid dancing in a banana hammock in public in front of hundreds proclaiming how great it is to have random casual sex devoid of all meaning? Just to be clear, I wouldn't want a straight kid of mine doing anything like that either. I'm just a traditionalist who believes that the sexual revolution and the nose dive into hedonism and doing whatever it is you want as long as it makes you feel good in the moment and are some of the biggest mistakes of all time.

• Feels
Reactions: Syaoran Li

ButterBar

kiwifarms.net
That's fair, I'm just not a traditionalist so I disagree. I don't see anything inherently wrong with casual sex or mild hedonism, personally. Do what makes you happy (as long as you can accept the consequences if you fuck up)
Most people wont accept the consequences and do what makes you happy is clearly something pedos, rapists, and serial killers should not follow as an extreme example, those who are happier collecting welfare than working and drug addicts as a less so. And there is a laundry list of reasons why meaningless sex is a bad thing from increased stds to abortions to lowered happiness, and the LGBT community has all of that amplified except abortions with the addition of having a big drug problem especially in the gay community.

Sprig of Parsley

kiwifarms.net
The whole idea of meaningless sex doesn't even fucking compute for me. On a scientific level, the hormonal cocktails flying around during a sexual encounter guarantee that no, it's not fucking meaningless. On a personal level, I don't want to fuck you unless I know you, like you that way and most importantly trust you. That alone obviates ANY possibility of a simple roll-in-the-hay.

WinterMoonsLight

Tsar of the Internet
kiwifarms.net
Lesbian, gay or bisexual? I'd support them. I'd caution them to be safe, not make their sexual orientation the sole point of their personality or politicise it, to just be who they always have been.

Troons or any of the Tumblrspecial genders? I'd tell them to grow the fuck up and go mow the lawn.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino