How would you react if your son/daughter came out as LGBT/trans? -

Lemmingwise

Blamer
kiwifarms.net
are you saying lesbians don't exist?
They do, but most lesbians aren't lesbian, so it's a pretty safe shot. Unlike with gay men, it's rather rare for a "lesbian" never to have sex with a man in her life, and more likely to go through periods of hetero/bi/homosexuality. More than a few of the self-described lesbians I have known in my life either occassionally or frequently had sex with men and the stats I've seen on it so far also confirm it, so it isn't just based on personal observations. One of the reasons is probably that women have a more malleable sexuality where it's more likely to change when asked again with a decade in between, whereas as male sexuality is more fixed and less likely to change. I should probably reread that study sometime, because my memory of it is getting a little foggy, but it also doesn't interest me as much anymore, so let me know if you read it and I got something off in that.

Then there's a considerable amount of lesbians who became lesbians after being in a women's shelter for example; their previous relationship shows that they're unlikely to be lesbians, but these women's shelters are typically run by radical lesbian feminists (see the work/interviews of erin pizzey, who started the world's first women shelter and how she was pushed out, if you want an example), so it's easy to radicalize the thinking of women in such a vulnerable moment in their life.

But for a slightly less serious example of one such case, there's this cartoonist. I wouldn't share it if I hadn't also seen multiple examples of similar girls in my network of friends and acquintances.

And finally with lesbian bed death, they are more like best friends forever in denial than partners anyways.

Last edited:

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

kiwifarms.net
My Dad just pretended he didn't hear me when I came out because when he was a kid they literally didn't even have a polio vaccine. I'm okay with it though, he still treats me well and I believe he genuinely loves me regardless of whether he approves or understands the way I feel. I mean, I get it. If I were from his time I'd probably be that way too.

• Feels
Reactions: Mrs Paul and PT 522

God of Nothing

kiwifarms.net
>Lesbian
Stay away from the crazy bitches and remember your father is a man so not all men are the useless pigs you might end up viewing them to be, sweetie.
>Gay
Avoid gay bars and bears: you'll get your dumbass raped. Start talking like every flamboyant fag stereotype and I'll disown you.
>Bisexual
Don't tell any of your gay friends that or they'll hang it over your deviant ass head and demonize you like they think straights still do to them. If you end up in a "polyamorous" relationship, you're still getting cucked.
>Pansexual
Are you fine fucking anything that isn't human? No? Then no you're fucking not, snowflake.
>Trans
Goddammit, who molested you? Which tumblr webpage did you visit? Have you been listening to your dumbass "genderqueer" friends again? I told you to stop hanging out with them, they're delusional. Whatever it was, you're not inverting your dick or getting one just because you feel like it; that shit will make you kill yourself.
>Any of them
No, your sexuality and gender does not constitute to who you are as a person. I raised you to take care of yourself and be yourself not be one fucking thing of the million things that make you. I used to look at other dudes and chase after chicks too but you don't see me waving a flag around like the queer stereotype. If this is the one thing you want to be known as for the rest of your life, I've failed as a father.

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
I love that only wanting to bang people you like is it's own sexuality. Ok. You win, I guess my lack of whoring means I'm demisexual :story:
Yeah, I really don't get how that got snowflaked. I mean, if you can do casual sex, good for you, but there's a lot of shit involved that I'm not even going to try to untangle unless I really like my potential partner.

Reactions: Sīn the Moon Daddy

Lemmingwise

Blamer
kiwifarms.net
I love that only wanting to bang people you like is it's own sexuality. Ok. You win, I guess my lack of whoring means I'm demisexual :story:
Pfft, I bet you're one of those weird cisgender monoamorous allosexuals. What a freak.

I once walked into a feminist book store and opened three random books in a random place each. It was so weird; two were talking about the wage gap in that exact spot and the third was explaining why it's important to have cisgender as a term, so that the "othering" term transgender can be fought with an "othering" term itself. This was more than a decade ago too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sīn the Moon Daddy

JektheDumbass

kiwifarms.net
LGBT? I'd stress upon them the importance of keeping a professional facade, but wouldn't care.

Trans? I don't care what gender they live their life as, just don't be a flaming fucking faggot, keep a professional facade

• Feels
Reactions: TerribleIdeas™

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
I once walked into a feminist book store and opened three random book in a random place each. It was so weird; two were talking about the wage gap in that exact spot and the third was explaining why it's important to have cisgender as a term, so that the "othering" term transgender can be fought with an "othering" term itself. This was more than a decade ago too.
"othering"

IT'S THE ACCEPTED PARLANCE IN ANY CIRCLE THAT ISN'T FULL OF BATSHIT IDIOTS OH MY GOD. Othering. No, if I want to other you I'm going to call you a repulsive mistake of scientific curiosity. Fucking assholes. Leave us no good terms to describe things and eventually we're just not going to CARE anymore.

• Feels
Reactions: TerribleIdeas™

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
lesbian, gay, bi, asexual, that's fine, cool, try not to get aids

trans? i'd feel like a failure. like was my child struggling with autism or anorexia or trauma or something and i just didn't notice? i would be finding a psychiatrist immediately.

StyrofoamFridge

Shaquana Jefferson's token Kiwi homegorl
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Being gay myself, I would not care if my kids are gay. It is nothing horrible, but doesn't make life easier. My children are statistically more likely to be gay because I am. I'm not going to raise some nancyboy or a vapid bitch, however. My son could avoid the mistakes I made. My dad was largely absent and forced his definition of masculinity upon me. He would bitch at me for not knowing what tools were, because he did not teach me, that kind of mentality. He was authoritarian and didn't let me branch out into my own hobbies; Always being negative and jealous of my intelligence and abilities. I rebelled quite flamboyantly, and didn't discover weight lifting or discipline for example until much later in life. My hobbies can grow as my education grows, for once.

Trans, however, I am not going to easily accept. It's okay to be a little quirky and out of your norm, however, I will absolutely not support genital mutilation, if anything at all in this department.

Oscar Wildean

Happy Helloween.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gay, bisexual, or lesbian- I'd support them and try to keep them educated on things that would be important in their lives.
Trans: I'd support them but I wouldn't let them get anything done until they're adults and give them time to figure things out for themselves since teenagers are impulsive and want to fit in.

N

NN 401

kiwifarms.net
They do, but most lesbians aren't lesbian, so it's a pretty safe shot. Unlike with gay men, it's rather rare for a "lesbian" never to have sex with a man in her life, and more likely to go through periods of hetero/bi/homosexuality. More than a few of the self-described lesbians I have known in my life either occassionally or frequently had sex with men and the stats I've seen on it so far also confirm it, so it isn't just based on personal observations. One of the reasons is probably that women have a more malleable sexuality where it's more likely to change when asked again with a decade in between, whereas as male sexuality is more fixed and less likely to change. I should probably reread that study sometime, because my memory of it is getting a little foggy, but it also doesn't interest me as much anymore, so let me know if you read it and I got something off in that.

Then there's a considerable amount of lesbians who became lesbians after being in a women's shelter for example; their previous relationship shows that they're unlikely to be lesbians, but these women's shelters are typically run by radical lesbian feminists (see the work/interviews of erin pizzey, who started the world's first women shelter and how she was pushed out, if you want an example), so it's easy to radicalize the thinking of women in such a vulnerable moment in their life.

But for a slightly less serious example of one such case, there's this cartoonist. I wouldn't share it if I hadn't also seen multiple examples of similar girls in my network of friends and acquintances.

View attachment 756764

And finally with lesbian bed death, they are more like best friends forever in denial than partners anyways.

This shit sounds like BPD.

There’s a huge overlap in women between bisexuality and bpd.

I’m not throwing bi women under the bus or anything but the rising number of personality disordered individuals might account for why there are so many visible “bi” or “lesbian” women.

Besides all the social brownie points one gets for claiming minority status.

This doesn’t jive historically where it seems like male bisexuality was far more prevalent.

D min7

kiwifarms.net
Whether it's LG or B, I'd still be as supportive to them as if they were straight. They're my children after all, and I would want them to live their best life.

T is a different story. I'd still be supportive, but I'd be very worried. Transitioning can be damaging to someone and I wouldn't want to feel like I failed if my child went full SJW from it all. Plus, I honestly wouldn't know how to talk to them for support if they came out as trans, whether I researched the basics of how to or not.

Overall, though, as long as it makes them happy, I'd still do the best to support them no matter what sexuality.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino