huge cancer update 06/25/20 - HYSTERECTOMY SCHEDULED

Slappy McGherkin

Bartender? Make that a double.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember Amber admitting to having to do "a roll like maneuver" or very similar words to get out of bed. I wonder how that fupa tension and gravity is going to feel on her incision with all the roly-poly belly action
From one who just got outta the hospital (unrelated to cancer or any of this shit), she gonna suffer big time. Although TMI, shitting yourself in the bed and having to have the nurses clean you up was degrading as fuck. She has zero idea of what she's in for during recovery. I don't need to present a pretty picture, because it will make the strongest stomach in here wretch.

DefCon Dumb

Confronter of Cryptoid Cuntiness
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If her bed remains on the floor & she has to do the roll, hitch over, then try to pull herself upright with Becky's help, I can tell you exactly what's going to happen. She'll split her incision - 1 or more layers of stitching... wide open.

The complications caused by that happening? Too awful to go there on a fine Friday evening.

I'm in the camp that says she won't get out of bed; nagging & trying to guilt Becky into becoming her 100% slave; as if she isn't already. The bedbound bit ain't gonna work if Becky's Mom takes a sudden & bad turn for the worse. Becky would or should, rightly go see her Mom.

Amber can arrange for whatever homecare is required. I know, just because she can doesn't mean she will & if she does or not, she won't stop pestering Becky with stupid texts while Becky may literally be at her mother's death bed.

If not death fat and no complications, they keep you two days. For Amber, I cannot estimate. We need a medsperg to weigh in (lol).
Medsperg here (physical therapist who deals with post-op patients)! We won’t discharge a patient until they get up and start walking, simply because of the risk of DVT. Amber’s probably going to be the kind of patient who constantly rejects PT because “I’m tired” or “I need to rest” or “I’m in so much pain”.

Every day she lies in that bed, her leg muscles are going to become weaker, and it’s going to be harder for her to support that massive frame of hers. As much as PTs want to help their patients go home, we can’t do much if the patient doesn’t want to participate. Sure, we try our best for the first 3 days or so, but eventually we end up documenting “patient is unwilling to participate in therapy” and we leave it up to the doctors.

Chances are she will develop either pneumonia or DVT, both of which will cause her to be in bed for a longer period of time, legs get weaker, the cycle continues.

I foresee Amber to be bed bound, unless she’s willing to suck it up and walk within 1-2 days of surgery.

Of course, this is all based on the assumption that she is going for the surgery. And survives it.

My Cat Is Racist

kiwifarms.net
she said she'll be going through menopause so that means they decided to just remove everything (probably because they think it spread), even Chantal didn't get everything removed, right? Amber acted like an older lady before so can't imagine how this will be and if it'll make it harder for her to lose weight. If the cancer is that far along though it's not looking good for her.
If they leave the ovaries, no menopause. Even if they take one ovary she'll be OK but if they take it all, menopause will set in. Night sweats, vaginal dryness, trouble sleeping and probably a dose of depression and/or anxiety. This is going to get rough. I hope she films it.

rainpetalseavesdrop

kiwifarms.net
So like... she got the appointments and then it was magically discovered that she wouldn't fit? No one was reviewing patient info for the day and said, "oh, according to this person's chart they're over the limit. They're already on their way so no worries." No one said this patient is super morbidly obese so plan accordingly?

• Late
Reactions: itunes

gran_autismo

kiwifarms.net
As for the kid thing, she might be unable to get pregnant but... Becky still can, can't she?
I know a butch couple (both butch) that have two children, they just traded off who would be the gestation station for each one. Some may not want to do this (just as some femme women don't want to get pregnant), but if Becky didn't want to have a kid with Amber I'm betting it's more about the fact that they sleep in separate rooms and Amber is building herself an exit than gender roles.

Sociopathic Smeghead

Do I Look Moderate To You?
kiwifarms.net
I hate to be that person, but Chantal and Amber not being able to reproduce has to be an act of mercy from Godbear, surely?
:thinking:
I'm not usually one to take amusement in a woman not being able to have their own biological children, but it just strikes me funny that nature has intervened before social services inevitably would have.
If only Amy could have followed the same path.

Situation Type Deal Gorl

Fuck your feelings, nancypants
kiwifarms.net
Y'all talk too much when I'm off doing something else!!

Probably way off the mark here but could money have been a reason why? I've read some major figures re medical cost and if she hasn't got it/has no insurance etc and she's been told she has to be sorted out sharpish..... ie she's going down the cheapest route? Just a thought really.

Normally I'd offer but I'll pass on the popcorn, AL has blunted my appetite a tad.
Nah, she really too fat to fit. I'll have another comment on this at the end.

As for the surgery, I think she’ll survive. People like her always do. If there is a God, it’s like He leaves people like her on Earth to torment the rest of us.
Then that god is a dick.

why is she wearing those lashes?? they don't look right
MamaMeth suggested it.

If that was the only issue, the techs would use cushions or rolled up towels to brace her, fill in the gaps. I am sure she is more than 2 feet wide, regardless of her exact weight.
Didn't someone around here look at her and do some magic calculations to determine her diameter? I'm not digging for that, but she's definitely just too wide to fit in the bore.

Imagine the poor doctor agonizing over this bewildering case study of a 500 pound woman-child who's too fat for every available diagnostic test and finally throwing up his hands and being like, "I don't even fucking know anymore. Let's just take everything out and go from there."
Hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

AL said she had a dietitian appointment in 2 months (1 month now?)., I'm surprised the doctors didn't try to get her in sooner as an emergency because she could have lost atleast half of the 70lbs by then and reduced some risk of her dying on the table.
"Weight loss consultant" appointment. Doesn't matter, she's not going to lose weight. Not intentionally.

So, it's going to be a hysterectomy, like I originally thought. Does she mention if it will be standard or total? If it's the latter, I expect some early onset nutty from this woman, soon.
She mentioned menopause, so I'm thinking total. I can't wait to see herhave a panic attack over a hot flash.

She spends an awful lot of time talking about food - as usual - but is vague as hell. How many calories a day is she setting as a target? Has she gotten rid of all the unhealthy snacks she has squirreled away? She may have faith in herself but I have zero faith in her ability to follow through. I frankly don't think she's scared enough.
Oh, you poor dear thing. Did you spend too much time in the sun? Let's get you a cool drink.

She'll be in more pain than she's ever experienced, will HAVE to get up and move, will HAVE to keep herself clean....I don't see her changing a lifetime of bad habits overnight.
Same gorl who didn't shower for two weeks ain't gonna keep her incision clean.

Medsperg here (physical therapist who deals with post-op patients)! We won’t discharge a patient until they get up and start walking, simply because of the risk of DVT. Amber’s probably going to be the kind of patient who constantly rejects PT because “I’m tired” or “I need to rest” or “I’m in so much pain”.
It'll be like our own personal episode of MSHPL!

Every day she lies in that bed, her leg muscles are going to become weaker, and it’s going to be harder for her to support that massive frame of hers. As much as PTs want to help their patients go home, we can’t do much if the patient doesn’t want to participate. Sure, we try our best for the first 3 days or so, but eventually we end up documenting “patient is unwilling to participate in therapy” and we leave it up to the doctors.
"Patient is noncompliant."

I foresee Amber to be bed bound, unless she’s willing to suck it up and walk within 1-2 days of surgery.

Of course, this is all based on the assumption that she is going for the surgery. And survives it.
The next phase of Big Al's channel is going to be a delight!

Now, while I was working outside, I was listening to an old react by Jessica at Respectively Sarcastic, on a video where Big Al is using YT as her therapist instead of getting a real one. The video was from May 3, 2020. In this video, she crywhines about a previous trip to the ER where they wanted to do a CT for some reason, and she was too fat for the table (so I'm assuming the nearest ER to her, which may not have bariatric sized machines). We're at two months since this video, about, plus however much longer it was that she went to the ER. She says (as usual) she "needs to change", she was "scared" (about being able to get scans or if someone had to come and pull her out of the house for some reason), and that she was going to lose weight. So despite knowing for over two months that she needed to lose weight in order to get a proper scan, she hasn't done enough to fit in the MRI or the PET.

She isn't going to change. Not intentionally, not on her own. Ever.

Referenced video

Barbarella

Guards! To the Mathmos with this winged fruitcake.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I finally listened to it, and it made sense.
You typically don’t lose weight from an early stage, new untreated cancer. Later on in the illness, it can be an issue but she’s right-many people gain weight, especially if they are on hormones. Stress can do it too. Tiredness is the main symptom.

A doc will order a PET/MRI but in my experience, the imaging center calls to schedule it. They ask questions including your mobility and weight. However, her imaging center may be part of where she gets treatment so they Just send her over, I don’t know.

The hormones are no longer an option because the uncertainty about the lymph “noids”. If she could have the other tests it’d still be on the table, but since she can’t, the oncologist is probably thinking “better safe than sorry.” I doubt she has a healthy lymph system but it’s a cancer so they won’t take chances.

She’s at much more risk than normal weight patients for complications, but the large incision is because of her large belly -she’ll have to stand right after surgery which is hard when you weigh 100 lbs, Much more at 4(50. She’ll be at higher risk for blood clot and infection, and possibly wound not closing. Plus breathing issues under anasthesia. She’ll have a lot of staples!
This is the first video that’s ever seemed realistic to me, at least as far of the medical stuff. even understanding she won’t lose 100 lbs in a couple months was realistic. New Amber, facing her problems? Nah, look at those lashes, lol.

bubble tea

heart palpitations
kiwifarms.net
She is so damn fake sounding in this video, it's down right distracting to me. She's creepily coherent and capable of forming complete sentences - surely she hasn't had her wakeup call, so what's the deal with that "accent" she's putting on?
I agree. I have to wonder if the true magnitude of the news has really hit her yet: a total hysterectomy means that she'll immediately go through menopause... at age 29. Any reasonable person would be hysterical about that, and she's sitting on camera calmly telling us that she "did a lot of crying" while her poorly applied fake lashes are still attached? Okay, Amber.

Edit: maybe she took a valium.:optimistic:

TomatilloSalsa

Easy Peasy Portuguese-y
kiwifarms.net
I agree. I have to wonder if the true magnitude of the news has really hit her yet: a total hysterectomy means that she'll immediately go through menopause... at age 29. Any reasonable person would be hysterical about that, and she's sitting on camera calmly telling us that she "did a lot of crying" while her poorly applied fake lashes are still attached? Okay, Amber.

Edit: maybe she took a valium.:optimistic:
Menopause causes you to lose bone density and develop osteoporosis. Her skeleton is already taxed enough as it is trying to carry her weight; if it gets brittle and she stays this size, she's going to be in unbearable pain from all the tiny fractures, especially in her vertebrae.

ADHD

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe she doesn't realize all the changes to her body and health issues that can arise as a result of going into menopause. If she's only looking at it from a perspective of "can't have kids" then it's not surprising she's not hysterical, she doesn't want any, regardless of what she says.

Tags
None