huge cancer update 06/25/20 - HYSTERECTOMY SCHEDULED

bubble tea

heart palpitations
kiwifarms.net
Maybe she doesn't realize all the changes to her body and health issues that can arise as a result of going into menopause. If she's only looking at it from a perspective of "can't have kids" then it's not surprising she's not hysterical, she doesn't want any, regardless of what she says.
Menopause causes you to lose bone density and develop osteoporosis. Her skeleton is already taxed enough as it is trying to carry her weight; if it gets brittle and she stays this size, she's going to be in unbearable pain from all the tiny fractures, especially in her vertebrae.
Yeah, the real issue here is that she's so ignorant to the female body that she doesn't really feel need to care about her inevitable and immediate onset menopause.

I really should just remind myself that Amber is truly a moron before I post anything about her. At any rate, she's so fucked.

mekalekahi

I feel like off of lexapro my vlogs are better.
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone else feel like she sounded like a completely different person in this video? Like a actual 30 year old woman? Its almost like she absorbed maturity from being around actual adults at he cancer Center all day. It reminded me of when rafe said she didnt know the real amber and her fake persona on tik tok.

I'm very very confused. When has she been interested in getting pregnant? Did her mom show up and tell her she wants a grandchildlynn? What happend to adopting a daughter ?

SituationTypeThing

kiwifarms.net
So like... she got the appointments and then it was magically discovered that she wouldn't fit? No one was reviewing patient info for the day and said, "oh, according to this person's chart they're over the limit. They're already on their way so no worries." No one said this patient is super morbidly obese so plan accordingly?
As impossible as it sounds, someone's weight isn't necessarily indicative of their ability to fit in the machine. Some people who are amber's size might have their weight distributed differently, maybe more evenly. I don't know what 500 lbs of evenly distributed weight looks like, but I'm sure there are some that carry it more in their arms and hips, and less in their stomach and ass (though this is unlikely for someone of amber's height, but I guess they'll try because they never know)*. Then there are people who are in the lowish 200's and would only just make it into a bariatric sized MRI. I'm thinking someone like nikocado avocado, in the pictures of his stomach distended to the size of a late third trimester pregnant woman (I have no doubt on the days off from eating, he goes back to the mid-200's) someone who looked like that wouldn't fit even in a bariatric MRI.

*given the size of Amber's lymphedema legs, I wonder if that alone would be a barrier to getting into the tube.

What I don't understand is why she didn't go to an imaging center that has an open MRI, maybe they're not as effective?

I'm also surprised Amber didn't comment or complain about having to take out her nose ring for a procedure she couldn't even have.

Maybe she doesn't realize all the changes to her body and health issues that can arise as a result of going into menopause. If she's only looking at it from a perspective of "can't have kids" then it's not surprising she's not hysterical, she doesn't want any, regardless of what she says.
I was pretty surprised that she didn't mention a single thing about the impact menopause will have on her ability to lose weight in the future. I'm not gullible enough to think amber will ever make a special effort to lose a substantial amount of weight. However, she likes to wax romantic about finally getting down to a size where she'd look beautiful in a wedding dress, and lip plumpers would be worth it, etc. If she thinks it's difficult to lose weight at 29, she should hear some 50somethings talk about post-menopausal weight gain. Their discussions usually go hand-in-hand with heat flash complaints. I fear for Amber's whipping boy Becky's life when she starts to get heat flashes. The house is already full of industrial fans, she's going to need becky to stand around with a spray bottle full of ice water to mist her at regular intervals.

Edited to avoid multiposting: when amber was preaching about how yeah, she may have gotten crotch cancer from being fat, it's not nice to say to someone, just like you wouldn't tell a lung cancer patient it's their fault because they smoked. Well, yes, yes, I totally would. Constant, loving shame and reminders can be the difference between a lung patient having somewhat successful treatment and/or slowing of the disease, or them not being able to deal with nic fits and smoking through their stoma.

Last edited:

Situation Type Deal Gorl

Fuck your feelings, nancypants
kiwifarms.net
Or maybe she just tuned out the doc, like she normally does when they're trying to tell her something she doesn't want to hear.

And I just thought of something. If she has to be in the hospital for a few days for walking and so on, she'll be in a hospital gown. Will this finally be the time we see layyyygs, if she makes her butler film since everything is a target for content on YT?

My Cat Is Racist

kiwifarms.net
Is this something Amber would even notice, since her period hole is exit-only? Or is it something that can cause itching, like dry skin?
If she's not having penetrative sex she may not notice but vaginal dryness can lead to an increase in infections. Also, the walls between the vagina and bladder can thin due to lack of estrogen and that can lead to an increase in UTIs.

feral cat #6385

Practiced Social Distancing before it was cool.
kiwifarms.net
How long do you think she'll be in the hospital after this? 2 weeks? A month?

Lord help her if she gets stepped down into a rehab facility. The level of care will be abysmal and will probably send her back to the ICU at some point.
Depends. How long does a hospital normally hang on to a body before sending it to a funeral home?

TomatilloSalsa

Easy Peasy Portuguese-y
kiwifarms.net
Looking at the price list for UK Hospital (not necessarily where she's going):

PELVIC EVISCERATION RAD HYSTERECTOMY RAD VULVECTOMY W CC/MCC - $56,949.71
KIT HYSTERECTOMY - $251.74 (presuming this is the supplies/equipment for the operation?)

ROOM & BED OB SEMI-PVT - $1,860.00
Google says for an abdominal incision hysterectomy, there is typically a 3-5 day hospital stay. We'll give AL 5 days, even though that's probably generous. That's $9,300.

So back of the envelope this is $66,501.45. Let's assume since AL is paying cash, they knock 40% off: $39,900.87

Of course there's probably a lot of stuff that's left out of this. No idea if the surgery charge includes anesthesia (since they often aren't employed by the hospital and bill their fees separately). If she has any post-surgical complications, she could end up in ICU which is over $6,000 a day list price. If she has to go to an inpatient rehab facility for a few days/weeks, that'll be expensive as hell; I can't find pricing for that.

I don't trust her or Becky or MamaLynn to follow the instructions for how to care for her wounds. The house is filthy. If she has complications, if she develops an infection, if her sutures open up, they'd probably have to send an ambulance all the way down to Monticello to get her ($$$) and re-admit her.

mekalekahi

I feel like off of lexapro my vlogs are better.
kiwifarms.net
Looking at the price list for UK Hospital (not necessarily where she's going):

PELVIC EVISCERATION RAD HYSTERECTOMY RAD VULVECTOMY W CC/MCC - $56,949.71
KIT HYSTERECTOMY - $251.74 (presuming this is the supplies/equipment for the operation?)

ROOM & BED OB SEMI-PVT - $1,860.00
Google says for an abdominal incision hysterectomy, there is typically a 3-5 day hospital stay. We'll give AL 5 days, even though that's probably generous. That's $9,300.

So back of the envelope this is $66,501.45. Let's assume since AL is paying cash, they knock 40% off: $39,900.87

Of course there's probably a lot of stuff that's left out of this. No idea if the surgery charge includes anesthesia (since they often aren't employed by the hospital and bill their fees separately). If she has any post-surgical complications, she could end up in ICU which is over $6,000 a day list price. If she has to go to an inpatient rehab facility for a few days/weeks, that'll be expensive as hell; I can't find pricing for that.

I don't trust her or Becky or MamaLynn to follow the instructions for how to care for her wounds. The house is filthy. If she has complications, if she develops an infection, if her sutures open up, they'd probably have to send an ambulance all the way down to Monticello to get her ($$$) and re-admit her.
The smartest thing is for her to hire a in home nurse for healing. The incision is not a joke and I can't see Becky properly caring for her.

PotatoSalad4711

You should see my scars
kiwifarms.net
I just thought of something. She would have to remove that nose ring for an MRI. In her last video, she said she had to leave in 30 minutes to go get the MRI, but the nose ring was still in (granted, I’m pretty sure it’s fused to her at this point). I guess it’s possible she removed it at the office, but any sane person would take it out at the house right? Then again, any sane person would take the damn thing out to clean it periodically, so never mind.

nemesisAF

kiwifarms.net
Agree on the at home nurse.

I had an inpatient hospital stay where part of my follow up included at home nursing visits a couple times a week for a few weeks (this was pretty involved). was staying w mom (Who could bandage like a champ once my discharge nurses showed her how) and it drove mom nuts that the nurses would unbandage, do wound check and general health check, rebandage, and mom would just redo the bandage better once they left.

only 5% of why they are there is to bandage for that half hr or so visit. It’s really to get a trained set of eyeballs on the patient periodically to triage and herd you back into care ASAP if you need it versus a hardcore relapse that may occur if you just go along your merry way

this is big for insurance reasons as it’s cheaper to make it general practice to use home nurses this way as it prevents more severe readmissions with maybe smaller interventions from dr or care team. I don’t know if it is included for self pay cases as part of the admission or if it is considered a la Carte. if the latter, someone who is absolutely best served by having the nursing is highly likely to opt out.

Punkinsplice

An cermet and I talk shit about you
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
PELVIC EVISCERATION RAD HYSTERECTOMY RAD VULVECTOMY W CC/MCC
Why would they call it this? Patients see the bill ffs.

Amber lives in denial. She will ignore any facts that she cannot understand or accept responsibility for. So of course the only thing she mentioned about the surgery was not having children. She thinks that every woman is traumatized by being barren, so that is how she is acting.

I am sure her doctors gave her tons of pamphlets to read about the surgery and menopause. They also expect young people to go online, so the materials will list appropriate websites. If Amber is still ignorant about the procedure and symptoms of surgical menopause, it is because she wants to be.

Tags
None