huge cancer update 06/25/20 - HYSTERECTOMY SCHEDULED

dingobaby

point blank period hole
kiwifarms.net
The smartest thing is for her to hire a in home nurse for healing. The incision is not a joke and I can't see Becky properly caring for her.
Agreed 100. Rolling over on a floor mattress won't cut it. (or maybe it will.)

The only problem is that Amber WILL NOT relinquish control, no matter the relationship. She had problems growing up in foster care, snuck food, defied rules. She resents that period in her life and was able to run free with youtube. A nurse would be great for Amber, but left to her own devices she is going to develop a case of "too dainty/allergic.to diet, can't eat unless 'good' food" real quick.

nya001

kiwifarms.net
As usual, she is economical with the truth: when patients don't fit the scales, they use industrical scales. When they don't fit the MRI, they use MRIs for large animals. However gigantic she is, she is not larger that an elephant.

Yes, I can imagine how cutting through all that blubber will be hard for the doctor.

She's behaving now like alcoholics with liver failure, nerve damage (need crutches to walk), brain damage, etc., who buy alcohol and go to the hospital to try to cure everything except the alcohol addiction.

She'll have cancer, maybe diabetes (and had she conceived children at her weight, her children would very likely been born very sick), and won't be able to walk.

And still eat like a sow because she thinks being fat doesn't matter and doesn't cause disease and it's discrimination if say they have to pay for twl airplane seats.

Dr.Research

Dissertation Topic: Lolcows
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember I asked an MRI who worked in an imaging clinic what would happen if someone was too big to fit. If it was clear that the person couldn't be put in safely the tech would need to tell the doctor. The doctor would then need to figure shit out. Apparently if there was a major zoo nearby with an animal-sized MRI that could do the trick.

Mesh Gear Fox

Play the guitar on the MTV
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When they don't fit the MRI, they use MRIs for large animals
Can't do that in the US. All medical devices have to be licensed for use on humans. Veterinary MRIs are generally not, as it is quite expensive and time consuming. Also, the software that runs the machine is programmed for animals, not humans.

Mesh Gear Fox

Play the guitar on the MTV
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What are the odds of her dying on the operating table? 🤔
Possible. She's a huge risk for both the surgeon and the anesthesiologist. If I had to bet, I'd say post-op complications would be a greater risk rather than problems on the table. Most likely she'll be just fine, but it will be a long and painful recovery.

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
Can't do that in the US. All medical devices have to be licensed for use on humans. Veterinary MRIs are generally not, as it is quite expensive and time consuming. Also, the software that runs the machine is programmed for animals, not humans.
We've asked before. Specifically the standing equine MRI at the vet college. Nobody's gonna take that liability lol.

I wish those things would get FDA-approved.

Turd Fergusson

kiwifarms.net
We've asked before. Specifically the standing equine MRI at the vet college. Nobody's gonna take that liability lol.

I wish those things would get FDA-approved.
The manufacturer would have to submit the device for approval. It would likely require clinical trials for safety and efficacy which is hugely expensive. On the manufacturer side, the market for such a device is likely very small, so little profit, and on the user side, payments from insurers or governments would not be greater than for regular MRIs, thus making the amortization of the device difficult. This is a non-starter.

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
The manufacturer would have to submit the device for approval. It would likely require clinical trials for safety and efficacy which is hugely expensive. On the manufacturer side, the market for such a device is likely very small, so little profit, and on the user side, payments from insurers or governments would not be greater than for regular MRIs, thus making the amortization of the device difficult. This is a non-starter.
Yeah it's definitely not profitable. Kinda like bariatric beds and the gigantic arms race going on with them.

For patient care we've spent SO much fucking money on like .5% of pt pop who are fat enough to break anything you throw at them.

• Agree
Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox
Tags
None