Hypocritical "Comedians" (Robert Webb, Omid Djalili & Friends) - People who pretend to be funny but also hate funny stuff & want to outlaw offensive speech

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Feline Darkmage

Gamer Gril Queen
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
A few names probably spring to mind. For example Graham Linehan has been a lolcow now for years. However, he is only one person who has become afflicted with this disease.

As opposed to the usual humorless blue checkmark accounts on twitter, him and a lot of his friends are supposedly comedians instead of journalists or musicians or writers, so this type of thing is extra stupid coming from them. The people who should fight hardest to be allowed to offend people, and who have been persecuted by religious zealots throughout every era of history for offending their sensibilities.

The impetus for this thread lays in the reactions to Mark "Count Dankula" Meechan being convicted for a joke video where he taught his girlfriends dog to react to "gas the Jews" and "sieg heil" with a replication of a Nazi salute, but the behaviour is nothing new to people like this.

I'll be focusing on people who are supposedly left-wing as that's who's currently shitting on their own principals for personal gain & attention, but the right's comedians have a history of mocking the left and being triggered by jokes they don't like as well & as such they won't be exempt in later posts I make here.

Examples:
Robert Patrick Webb / @arobertwebb
women-idiots.PNG

https://twitter.com/arobertwebb/status/977961492803981317
http://archive.md/rmAzW

Agreed. The assumption is that free speech is more important than compassion. It isn’t. You weigh tough jokes with the harm they will cause and then make the call. Should the law be involved when the call is so appallingly wrong? It has been for years & comedy didn’t die.

In response, Graham Linehan wrote:
apologies if you've seen it, but this is extremely relevant, especially the parts about irony and humour.

Born: 29 September 1972
Hometown: Boston, Lincolnshire, England

Robert P. Webb is 1/2 of the comedy duo "Mitchell & Webb" alongside David Mitchell. They are most famously known for their parts on the "Peep Show" program.

He has written a book about how he wasn't "good" at being a boy.

Got into shit with Russel Brand
https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...en-russell-brand-and-robert-webb-8917749.html
http://archive.md/zy3j0

Here's an example of some rather... questionable humor from a clip from his show in

On the other hand, Mitchell seems to understand shit
“The reason we gun for comedy in the press and on social media is because fundamentally we care about it more than other genres,” says Mitchell. “But we mustn’t let the fact that as a culture we love comedy so much make us destroy all of our comedy.”
source

Omid Djalili / @Omid9
https://twitter.com/omid9/status/977166369543274496
http://archive.md/XpgpG

Born: 30 Septenber 1965
Hometown: Chelsea, England

Omid Djalili is a british Stand-Up comedian and the host of "The Omid Djalili Show" who is ethnically Iranian. He harassed Count Dankula and insinuated he was alt-right for accepting support from people like Tommy Robinson.

He's a horribly hypocritical anti-semite/racist/transphobe too. Because let's ignore context like he wants us to do.

living-proof.PNG

lightbulb-moment.PNG

https://twitter.com/omid9/status/486110088244236288
http://archive.md/lqLvn

But then, does Djalili have harsh critics? He’s such a lovable presence – in movies, in sitcoms, in his primetime TV vehicles, and on stage. Even those of us who’ve quibbled for years about his over-reliance on national stereotypes and funny accents can’t work up much anti-Djalili feeling. He’s just a great stoker of fun, a silly convivial jester, lacking in pretension or self-consciousness, seemingly without a mean-spirited bone in his body.

The stereotypes and mild flouting of PC propriety are in evidence again here, as the 52-year-old riffs on Jewishness and playacts a heavily accented squabble between Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu. He’s no stranger to Jewish jokes, of which there are even more than usual – perhaps because he’s not long finished performing, as Tevye, in Fiddler on the Roof. There are also some transgender jokes, as now seems to be obligatory for middle-aged male comedians. Djalili’s is about Kellie (formerly Frank) Maloney, and draws largely on the comic value of their unfeminine sarf London voice.

While not as mocking as the recent trans gags of Dave Chappelle, among others, that’s not – on paper – a sympathetic joke to be telling. But Djalili largely gets away with it, as he always does. Because it’s in the context of an upbeat show that self-evidently isn’t antagonistic towards anyone. And because Djalili is so liberal in the poking of his fun. He jokes about fulsome Iranian generosity, which lasts only until your back is turned. He jokes endlessly about uptight Brits. He jokes about a barbaric department store sitcom set in Arabia: Are You Being Severed?
source: https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2...k-for-a-night-leicester-square-theatre-london
http://archive.md/axa3m

Dara O'Briain
https://twitter.com/daraobriain/status/978262864795521024
http://archive.md/kor2x
Jokes are not sacred
We aren’t that important to society

http://www.daraobriain.com/
http://archive.md/3UC4T

Born: 4 February 1972
Hometown: Bray, Ireland

Dara is considered "Britain's Favorite Irishman" and was voted to be #16 in the top 100 Stand-up Comedians poll hosted by Channel 4 in 2010. He hosted the 3-time IFTA award nominated show "The Panel" and currently hosts "Mock The Week" on BBC 2.

He too has made jokes that can be considered HIGLY offensive to Greeks and LGBT people
invented.jpg

invented2.jpg

This strikes me as amusing (from the same article I took the caps of)
He's joking about the police, but supports the police arresting people for jokes.
You think things are all legal or illegal in this country. In Ireland, that’s not the way we do it. We’ve got a greater appreciation of the greyness of the human condition, between the white and the black. There are three states of legality in Irish law: there’s all this stuff which comes under “That’s grand” and then moves into “Ah now, don’t push it” and finally comes under “Right, you’re taking the piss” and that’s when the police come in.

really makes you think.

source: http://archive.md/ySEjR

Plenty more where that came from both in Europe & in America, since we have Amy "All My Jokes are About Vagina" Schumer and Leslie Jones who is most famous for the Ghostbusters reboot & shitting herself in rage when people began to troll her on twitter.

Example threads:
Graham Linehan
Sofie Hagen
Leslie Jones
Jen Durbent

Last edited:

skiddlez

中出し大好き
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Jim Jefferies is so hypocritical. He makes some of the most offensive jokes on stage and then gets on TV with his bravado and claims to be morally superior to people whose speech he doesn't like.

Watch him shit on muslims and muhammad in this clip:
In the full clip, he takes it even further than that.

And then watch him try to defend them by bitching about/pretending to care about the "muslim ban" in this one:

Most of his jokes are composed of pure shock humor and most of his routines are extremely sexist. In fact, most of his jokes are just sexist humor:

But he considers himself a progressive and even mentioned in one of his recent routines that he has a "liberal agenda." I've found some of his jokes funny but dear god is he a massive hypocrite.

LulzKiller

kiwifarms.net
Tell us more about Mr Oswalt.
A prescription bottle missing a label was filled with Xanax. While speaking the cops, Oswalt, 48, claimed the medication belonged to him.

But in more sinister findings, officials called to the death scene found TFMPP, or Legal X, a recreational drug often sold as an alternative to MDMA, or ecstasy. The pill was embossed with a lightning bolt, and was hidden inside a small plastic bag tucked away inside a larger bag.

In additional, they discovered cocaine and levamisole, a dewormer for livestock often mixed with the hard drug, inside a small brown vial, also covered in a plastic bag.

Officials also found painkillers oxycodone and hydrocodone, and Dextroamphetamine, a dangerous stimulant that can lead to psychosis and heart failure.

The painkillers and stimulants were NOT prescribed to the mother of one.

https://radaronline.com/videos/patton-oswalt-wife-michelle-mcnamara-cocaine-painkillers-party-pills/

Of course she was in the middle of doing a book about a serial killer in the area that was unsolved, and Patton suddenly remarried only a year later. This was after he was very public in the aftermath about how sad he was that she suddenly and unexpectantly died.

Jaimas

HELLO, MON'KEIGH
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A lot of these people seem to be going for trying to become the adopted sweethearts of the left's up-own-ass brigade, thinking that they will barter for some level of protection from the powers that be (both the Twitterati and government) if they play the part of the good host and make the position against Dankula and company palatable for the masses. Several might even be directly collecting a paycheck for this service, since it's not like we haven't seen that happen fucking thousands of times already with other extreme leftist policies.

Thing is, we already know from experience that these people court an ideology that will eat them alive if they step out of line for even a second. One whiff of an off-color joke, one #MeToo, one single accusation with enough clout behind it, and these assholes will be roasted on the pyres they themselves so helpfully laid out, and that's a big reason this thread needs to exist. It's not a matter of if one of these insufferable pricks runs afoul of the powers that be - it's when, and we'll be glad for this thread giving us a place to put the 'tism when it happens.

My personal pick for the list, and I'm almost entirely sure she could sustain a thread on her own without the help from this thread, is Marcella Arguello. She hasn't spoken up about Dankula or the like, but don't worry, she parrots the same shit:

o7dcbvc.png

And it gets only more insane from here.

5ogdeGG.png

qZ4ljoo.png

In addition to having a name like a failed Disney villain, you cannot find a more stereotypical example of diversity hires working their way into stand-up. Her stuff is woefully unfunny, and of the several bits of hers I've watched on youtube, I don't think I've laughed once. And yes, despite having content about as edgy as a marble, she does come across as an open racist. This is someone who whines about Trump, racism, and never shuts the fuck up about white people on Twitter, of course. Which she does while exclusively dating white men.

Wild Wild Sonichu

kiwifarms.net
Just read the OP and Robert Webb is yet another fucking example of why you should never follow someone you used to like on twitter.

I get that it's common for you to like content made by someone only to find out they're a fucking shitty person IRL, but I swear twitter only makes that worse. It's a pit full of shitters who think their opinions matter way more than they actually do so they sperg out about everything.

At least he's not Graham Linehan though... He actually had a thread for a while I think and is probably the worst example of this shite unfortunately. Who would've thought the man that wrote Father Ted would turn out like that? It's the same for Webb to an extent if you watch any of his old stuff.

Ctrl+Alt+Rt

cis aro
kiwifarms.net
Wow that Omid Djalili video is interesting. I had heard that joke before, but about the Palestinians. His video is from 2010. I googled and found out that the Palestinian version (where Moses' clothes were stolen by the Palestinians and Yasser Arafat objects that Palestinians weren't there at the time) predates Djalili's version – a recounting of it was published in 2002, and that publication of it refers to it as an old and well-known jewish joke.

Djalili bastardises the joke to the point that it doesn't make sense (Moses was a jew, leading the tribe of Hebrews out of Egypt to Israel and bringing the commandments to his people... so it doesn't make sense to say there were no jews at the time) because he stole the joke.

There's an amusing irony to an Arab/Iranian stealing a joke from jews about Arabs stealing things, especially when trying to make the point that jews steal from Arabs in a situation where Arabs actually stole from the jews. How's that for hypocritical?

Last edited:

Dr. Kaufman

Especially Good At The Celebrity Overdose
kiwifarms.net
Dara strikes me as someone misinformed on the whole Dankula thing more than being hypocritical, I don't think he would be drawing the comparison between yelling "fire" in a stadium and Dankula if he wasn't, as they are two entirely different things.

Sure, being misinformed is in itself lolcow behaviour, but I wouldn't attribute it to malice personally.

TheImportantFart

Breakin' Wind
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Jim Jefferies is so hypocritical. He makes some of the most offensive jokes on stage and then gets on TV with his bravado and claims to be morally superior to people whose speech he doesn't like.

Watch him shit on muslims and muhammad in this clip:
In the full clip, he takes it even further than that.

And then watch him try to defend them by bitching about/pretending to care about the "muslim ban" in this one:

Most of his jokes are composed of pure shock humor and most of his routines are extremely sexist. In fact, most of his jokes are just sexist humor:

But he considers himself a progressive and even mentioned in one of his recent routines that he has a "liberal agenda." I've found some of his jokes funny but dear god is he a massive hypocrite.
Jim Jefferies was heartbreaking for me. He used to be one of my favourite comedians, but he's such a hypocrite with his politics. The switch happened so quickly too - one minute he was talking about shoving the Quran up his arse, the next he was saying "Trump is literally Hitler for his views on Islam!"

That clip of him yelling at Piers Morgan was just astounding. I never thought I'd see the day I'd be siding with Fox News and fucking Piers Morgan of all people against Jim Jefferies, but here we are:

Dara strikes me as someone misinformed on the whole Dankula thing more than being hypocritical, I don't think he would be drawing the comparison between yelling "fire" in a stadium and Dankula if he wasn't, as they are two entirely different things.

Sure, being misinformed is in itself lolcow behaviour, but I wouldn't attribute it to malice personally.
Dara doesn't strike me as a bad guy, just misinformed like you said. During GamerGate, he was staunchly on the anti side, but unlike other GamerGate opponents, he would actually engage with and listen to the opposition rather than writing them all off as irredeemable Nazis.

Dr. Kaufman

Especially Good At The Celebrity Overdose
kiwifarms.net
Dara doesn't strike me as a bad guy, just misinformed like you said. During GamerGate, he was staunchly on the anti side, but unlike other GamerGate opponents, he would actually engage with and listen to the opposition rather than writing them all off as irredeemable Nazis.

I also remember he firmly stood behind Frankie Boyle when he was getting flak for his Down Syndrome jokes. He's just trying to play the "rational centrist voice of reason" in this particular conversation, either because he mistakenly buys into the agenda that Dankula had malice of intent, he's trying to protect his own hide, or a little of both columns.

Racist Trash

It never changes.
kiwifarms.net
I also remember he firmly stood behind Frankie Boyle when he was getting flak for his Down Syndrome jokes. He's just trying to play the "rational centrist voice of reason" in this particular conversation, either because he mistakenly buys into the agenda that Dankula had malice of intent, he's trying to protect his own hide, or a little of both columns.

Which is some ways almost makes it worse he knows what's wrong but won't stand up until it's too late and at that point it's all over, if he is going to get involved in stuff he needs to dig deeper not just surface level and then comment on it because that behaviour is frustrating, it's like those characters in the movie that act as the foil that means well because they can't see what's happening right in front of themselves due to honour and pride.

Webb and Djalili are extreme disappointments however they aren't just misinformed they are straight up burning comedians at the cross to make themselves look better which is a massive shame and disgusting considering what they have done before.

I am ashamed that the comedians I loved when I was younger won't stand up for themselves and most importantly for others and would rather bath in short term good feels that will soon go sour and pull them down the plug hole with them.

Good on Baddiel for standing up against this shit and as much as I dislike Gervais' comedy I have to applaud him for finally waking up and standing up.

FUCK.