Hypocritical "Comedians" (Robert Webb, Omid Djalili & Friends) - People who pretend to be funny but also hate funny stuff & want to outlaw offensive speech

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

:thinking:

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
https://radaronline.com/videos/patton-oswalt-wife-michelle-mcnamara-cocaine-painkillers-party-pills/

Of course she was in the middle of doing a book about a serial killer in the area that was unsolved, and Patton suddenly remarried only a year later. This was after he was very public in the aftermath about how sad he was that she suddenly and unexpectantly died.
There's also the fact that Patton Oswalt is friends with A. Wyatt Mann and Jim Goad, yet somehow nobody's even sanctioned him for this.

TheImportantFart

Breakin' Wind
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's also the fact that Patton Oswalt is friends with A. Wyatt Mann and Jim Goad, yet somehow nobody's even sanctioned him for this.
When Patton had a conversation with Jim, he had to write a long post on his Facebook telling his followers not to hate him for doing so:

IMG_1588.jpg
IMG_1589.jpg
IMG_1590.jpg

And then if you watch the actual conversation, Jim basically has to sit and politely listen while Patton shills for Hillary:

That's about as good as you're going to get in terms of one of these people talking to someone they disagree with.

LetterlandMafia

Foreclose on me one more time
kiwifarms.net
Agree with what others have said about Dara. I think he just seeks to be as inoffensive as he can for self-preservation reasons. He'll only crawl out of the woodwork if it's his friends e.g. Frankie Boyle who have come under the cosh. He'll take the path of least resistance but he's not exclusionary to people who disagree with him.

Weirdly I'm pretty sure Omid Djalili started out supportive of Dankula (there's a joke about Muslims supporting Jew-haters in there somewhere) but about-turned when he accepted support from Tommy Robinson. Guess it's all a joke up until someone who hates on your particular group of people turns up.

To make a broader statement on this whole affair, any comedian who has openly come out against Dankula is a fucking idiot. Thankfully a load of them have either been supportive or remained generally neutral, because they have the sense to realise what a state prosecuting people for things they deem offensive means for people whose entire schtick is 'punching up'. Perhaps the people who bleat that mantra out constantly should stop and reflect just how damaging they are to the Establishment if they don't think what they do will ruffle their feathers enough to get them a date with an H Block.

TheImportantFart

Breakin' Wind
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Robert Webb's always been a limp-wristed lefty, so his stance on this isn't the biggest surprise to me:

From the sound of things, his wife's an SJW and has been indoctrinating him and their children into that line of thinking. It's chilling to hear a five year old talking about "the patriarchy". To me it's no different than fundie Christians who indoctrinate their children to see sin and the devil everywhere.

pozilei

gnome related slander
kiwifarms.net
Guess it's all a joke up until someone who hates on your particular group of people turns up.
tbh I can understand that kind of thing. It's easy to not be offended or think something is funny when it doesn't really affect you e.g. your average WASP might find a holocaust joke hilarious but someone who's heard stories of their grandparents taking a jolly train journey to Poland in 1944 might not.

But comedians really should know that either all of it is ok or none of it is. Like at least Count Dankula didn't actually dress up as a Nazi, Robert Webb

Chaos Theorist

It would be spiteful To put jellyfish in a trifle
kiwifarms.net
Robert Webb is a huge weenie luvvie who lives in Mitchells shadow as far as success goes (even through he is a better actor).

Is Omid Djalili even relevant in 2017? Does anyone ever see Omid Djalili on TV and stay watching just for him? I swear he seems to be one of these comedians who have a job because of their ethnicity and not because they are funny. (He was okay ten years ago but time has moved on.)

I like Dara O'Briain but he really should wind his neck in about Dankula when he has gone to the bat before for Frankie Boyle who made fun of the disabled and gays for years.

Its just sad watching all of these comedians virtue signalling about Dankula like they really care and arent just covering their arses in case of blowback from the perpetually offended Guardian reader segment of their audiences.

Feline Darkmage

Gamer Gril Queen
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Weirdly I'm pretty sure Omid Djalili started out supportive of Dankula (there's a joke about Muslims supporting Jew-haters in there somewhere) but about-turned when he accepted support from Tommy Robinson. Guess it's all a joke up until someone who hates on your particular group of people turns up.

Double-layered hypocrisy

Nice

Ravenor

Purge.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Webb has been and always will be an embarrassment, and is yet another Footlights alumni who's so far up his own backside it's downright painful to watch him try and perform without someone else doing the hard work.

Seriously he was hoping to be one half of the next Generation of Fry and Lauri, but nobody really wants to approach him with a TV offer because well he's mostly disliked he's essentially Tony Robbinson in that he is only funny when he can be fed lines or has someone else writing for him.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Britain: This is what your comedians roll over and take it in the butt for? Really? You fucking kidding me?

Only the shit ones.

Our good comedians are mostly staying out of it, Ricky Gervais and David Baddiel have outright supported Dankula and David Mitchell has expressed alarm in his column.

But this is what happens when comedy shows become left wing hugboxes and right-leaning comedians are discouraged. Just look at how Have I Got News For You used to be to how it is now.

Ravenor

Purge.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But this is what happens when comedy shows become left wing hugboxes and right-leaning comedians are discouraged. Just look at how Have I Got News For You used to be to how it is now.

To be fair that's a BBC wide issue not just an issue with the comedy offerings, it's always been a luvvie hugbox but it has really dragged the quality of comedy down over recent years where it's just best not to even watch it. I mean while humour is a subjective subject you have people the BBC loves to push who are widely panned because they fit politically within the BBC rather than have talent leading to more hugboxing.

It's not just there Comedy offerings it's limited to either it's reflected in the Political shows they have, Religious Shows even the Science shows are starting to suffer from it by who they are choosing to represent the Scientific community. I mean just look at BBC News, they either don't report on stories that are important or downplay them if it would embarrass them or someone they have supported in the recent past unless they really can't dodge it like the Corbin Fiasco over the Russian poisoning case even then more airtime is dedicated to rehabilitating his image after that than reporting on other more important stories.

LetterlandMafia

Foreclose on me one more time
kiwifarms.net
I like Dara O'Briain but he really should wind his neck in about Dankula when he has gone to the bat before for Frankie Boyle who made fun of the disabled and gays for years.

Its just sad watching all of these comedians virtue signalling about Dankula like they really care and arent just covering their arses in case of blowback from the perpetually offended Guardian reader segment of their audiences.

I don't think Stewart Lee is a good role model for bashing other comics. He strikes me as the sort who'd be railing hard against Dankula if he used social media. I don't know how he has such a huge following when all he ever does is whine about comedians that are more popular than him (and don't hold a candle to his masterclass that is his routine) with the occasional pop at the Tories inbetween.

Chaos Theorist

It would be spiteful To put jellyfish in a trifle
kiwifarms.net
I don't think Stewart Lee is a good role model for bashing other comics. He strikes me as the sort who'd be railing hard against Dankula if he used social media. I don't know how he has such a huge following when all he ever does is whine about comedians that are more popular than him (and don't hold a candle to his masterclass that is his routine) with the occasional pop at the Tories inbetween.
I enjoy seeing Lee knock down other comics a peg or two. Lee is this strange mix of sincerity and irony where his character is a more over the top version of his real life persona. Dont watch Stewart Lee believing his routine is entirely sincere. His "I dont know enough about Muslims to properly satire them but I will troll Christians" position is lousy through.

Only the shit ones.

Our good comedians are mostly staying out of it, Ricky Gervais and David Baddiel have outright supported Dankula and David Mitchell has expressed alarm in his column.

HIGNFY lost its edge when Angus Dayton left and Merton lost his edge after his wife died. Funnily enough I always though Mock the Week was supposed to be the successor to HIGNFY.

BlueSpark

kiwifarms.net
In the UK, we're forced to fund these shitbags and their "comedy" through a mandatory television license.

Also, O'Briain is as bad as the rest, he defends Boyle's offensive jokes because Boyle's a fellow leftist. You won't hear Boyle mock failed immigration policies, inept police that enable immigrant crime or free-speech being restricted.