Hyrule Warriors General - Nintendo forces Koei Tecmo to make good game

Best combat waifu in Hyrule Warriors?

• Zelda with Rapier

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Impa with Broadsword

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Agitha with Basket

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Ganondorf with Trident and Fast Attack ability (this is the right answer)

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Great Fairy with Link in Bottle

• Ghirahim with Gay Agenda

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Marin with Bell

• Cia with Booty

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Young Link and his infinite charge attack what the fuck was the developer thinking Jesus Christ

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Null

Votes: 12 21.8%

• Total voters
Alright, I've had some time to play the full version of the game and it does play better than the demo. The expanded enemy types are nice and it makes me wonder why some of these were not in BOTW to begin with. So far I've only fussed around with Mipha but she's pretty good. And! The biggest surprise was that the Divine Beast gameplay is both fun and satisfying. I thought it was going to be pretty lame but it is a very welcome addition.

I know the previous game had Ganon/Cucco mode and that was fun but it was also pretty janky and seemed more like a fun bonus. They've improved the gameplay of that old mode substantially. It's still kind of borked, but it's also kind of awesome.

I played the original Hyrule Warriors and loved it, which other Warriors games are worth playing?
The attack on titan ones are amazing. They're not really warriors games though. You fight swarms of enemies on big maps, but not thousands, and you don't just swipe through them with one hit. Instead you fight hundreds of giants - if they are little you can take them in one slice, but most are too big so you have to cut them down to size by lopping off their arms and legs first. Oh and also instead of running everywhere you zip about like spiderman.

Been playing a lot of games while waiting for COVID to kill me so I haven't finished Age of Calamity yet. But what I have played (up to chapter 4) has been a lot of fun. Thoroughly enjoying it. If I had any complaints it would be that some of the story missions are too long. 20 minutes is about the sweet spot for a story mission but some of them drag on an extra five or ten minutes and it's somewhat draining.

Also one of the playable characters is completely fucking useless. I don't care how good he is. He's a wasted character slot. I'm talking about Hestu the useless waste of space. We could have gotten anyone else.

A DLC pass was announced at the Direct today.
1613620172828.png

Seems decent. I see a lot of people speculating the new characters are the ones in the gallery that aren't playable (Astor, Sooga, Robbie, Purah, and Harbinger Ganon).
I hope new weapon types refers to new movesets like when HW added the Dominion Rod and Epona.