I bought a pistol today - Something i never thought i would do

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing. Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

THE MERGE IS ON.

I Love Beef

OH YEAHHUH, SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM
kiwifarms.net
To all of my fellow gun enthusiasts out there:

Is a Smith and Wesson Model 52-2 a good buy? Or should I get the latest one instead? Asking because that gun is a favorite of mine and I am a fan of the classic .38 Special for stopping power, but I'd like to know the consensus and this is censored for privacy purposes so that thoughtcrime groups who are too lazy to google shit might noob themselves trying to find "muh neonazi kiwifarms evidence".

Spunt

A Leading Source of Experimental Internet Gas
kiwifarms.net
Note for Britbongs:
crossbows are legal and you don't need a loicence. A composite compound bow with a draw of over 100lbs is lethal at close range, 150lbs or more can punch clean through a barn door at 50 yards. Remember that in Bongland any intruder is only likely to have a knife or a machete, so all you need is something better than that.

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
A composite compound bow with a draw of over 100lbs is lethal at close range
Im pretty sure its lethal at medium range too. 60lbs are enough to kill a boar from save distance. people always underestimate bows.

Im not happy with this gun... nothing says stay off my lawn like a Luger or walther p38.

Baguette Child

so tender and mild
kiwifarms.net
I didn't know Ruger even made those anymore since most people just opt for the 9mm @ around $300

.380 is one of the best selling calibers in many, many states.

:powerlevel:
Worked the gun counter at a sporting goods store for many years. Small pistols in 380 move like fucking hotcakes. Way more sales of those than anything else while I worked there.

3119967d0c

"a brain" - @REGENDarySumanai
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've own several fire arms for 40+ years and have used them in life. And even with my years of experience with many forms, I refer to this guy because of his vast knowledge of using firearms and his no nonsense approach. His name is Mr. Paul Harrell and he will give you a wealth of information concerning firearms.

Paul Harrell is undoubtedly the best gun youtuber if you want to know about shooting produce, black powder revolvers for self-defense, and what trees are thick enough to be used as cover against various rifle rounds.

He does have a 100% record in getting into an argument with guys at campsites and getting away with killing them, so if that's your thing, a good man to pay attention to.

It sounds like @mindlessobserver would be best served by refreshing safety fundamentals, checking out is available online in regards gun manipulation, taking advantage of what training might be available at the range at the gunshop that he purchased his pistol, and most importantly with that done getting out and shooting it to verify function and get comfortable. With some fundamentals in place it wouldn't hurt to get some snap caps to train with manipulation and trigger function.

ShortBusDriver

kiwifarms.net
I was gonna say, those were going for about $225 last time I was in a gun shop, back in February. Of course stock was going fast back then, and I understand prices go up, but doubling up like that is insane.

@mindlessobserver if you can't find ammo locally, try online places like CheaperThanDirt.com for some possibilities. The online guys are running low too, but they're still shipping out. Often you can still find the expensive stuff that's good for actual self defense, while the cheaper stuff that's good for range practice is sold out.

(Except for shotgun shells, plenty of hunting shells available but all the buckshot is sold out.)
Bass Pro, but the ran out of stuff fast but still had ammo like Winchester SXZ, it's not a great hollowpoint because it isn't bonded, but it's usable ammo

.380 is one of the best selling calibers in many, many states.

:powerlevel:
Worked the gun counter at a sporting goods store for many years. Small pistols in 380 move like fucking hotcakes. Way more sales of those than anything else while I worked there.
No doubt, but it's the same physical size as the LC9 which is 9mm and larger than Ruger's other .380 the LCP

I thought the only appeal of this gun was European countries that don't allow you to own military calibers and specifically California because it meets their lawless handgun roster.

Baguette Child

so tender and mild
kiwifarms.net
I thought the only appeal of this gun was European countries that don't allow you to own military calibers

I think a better way to think of it is the caliber for people who are unfamiliar with guns. It tends to be a good entry level caliber because, as silly as this sounds to people who fall within the firearms community, 9mm is not perceived by non-gun people as being small. 9mm is what they associate with the cops (in some places) and the military. So when they see the smaller, more humble 380 when shopping for their first purchase, it comes across in their minds as a much easier tool to learn on.