I think i'm going insane - Help

RA-5C Vigilante

Alone, Unarmed, Unafraid.
kiwifarms.net
I've stayed away for two weeks, desperate to escape all this fucking nonsense for a little bit.

But no matter where I run, I see people screaming at each other over dumb shit, social media becoming a cesspool, multiplayer games becoming little more than power fantasy of one side beating the other, it's driving me nuts.

I just want to ask how other people are staying calm and sane through all of it. I've tried drowning it out, spending time with family, but I feel like i'm on the verge of snapping at any moment. Even my job and work aren't keeping me focused off of this nonsense.

I know asking people on KiwiFarms is kind of a terrible fucking idea, but I feel like I understand this site and the people that use it better than most places.

So please, I'll take any advice. I just want to feel like i'm not going crazy anymore.

Grey Gardens

come play with us
kiwifarms.net
I cycle through...
  • Watching YouTube
  • Reading
  • Hanging with the Fam
  • Reading here at the Farms
  • Taking a walk or other exercise
  • Learning something or working on a hobby
The goal isn't to find one thing that distracts from the overwhelming nonsense, but finding multiple things that you can shift from/to because this is only getting worse from here until November. Good luck.

Justtocheck

kiwifarms.net
When we are physicallly fine and the situation around us is driving us insane, it is most likely that a current situation is having an effect on our ego. Damaging it. Usually the ego thrives on omnipotence.

We have a feeling in our guts that we are a key part of the world and that at some level we have some control. Seeing the world going crazy, usually what bothers us is not that the people are wrong; mainly is that we feel unable to change how people feel and act. A challenge on our omnipotence. It builds up frustration and I wager frustration is what you feel right?

I think that's the main thing that bother us. The hard task imo is doing the introspective work to know exactly why we feel that frustration and learn that we are not the sun of this galaxy.

Aberforth

Straight A student in special ed.
kiwifarms.net
Learn to laugh at everything bothering you. Getting away from social media would help, too. You'll be surprised how relaxed you are without Facebook and Twitter.

Try getting into more singleplayer games and cooperative multiplayer games. A lot of the bigger MMOs focus more on cooperation. If you want less power fantasy, Kenshi. Beware, it's the most gloriously janky game ever. It isn't multiplayer.

RA-5C Vigilante

kiwifarms.net
I cycle through...
  • Watching YouTube
  • Reading
  • Hanging with the Fam
  • Reading here at the Farms
  • Taking a walk or other exercise
  • Learning something or working on a hobby
The goal isn't to find one thing that distracts from the overwhelming nonsense, but finding multiple things that you can shift from/to because this is only getting worse from here until November. Good luck.
Oh christ there's still an election this year isn't there good god. But in all seriousness, I've been doing most of the stuff on your list, but I haven't done some hobby stuff, so i'll look into that. Also maybe cutting out the one place on the internet I still thought had reasonable people (KiwiFarms is now reasonable to me what the fuck) wasn't a good idea.

When we are physicallly fine and the situation around us is driving us insane, it is most likely that a current situation is having an effect on our ego. Damaging it. Usually the ego thrives on omnipotence.

We have a feeling in our guts that we are a key part of the world and that at some level we have some control. Seeing the world going crazy, usually what bothers us is not that the people are wrong; mainly is that we feel unable to change how people feel and act. A challenge on our omnipotence. It builds up frustration and I wager frustration is what you feel right?

I think that's the main thing that bother us. The hard task imo is doing the introspective work to know exactly why we feel that frustration and learn that we are not the sun of this galaxy.
It is frustration. I'm tired of all rioting, the statues being pulled down, all this retar.dation. But you're right, I've been telling myself that I have no control over most of this. I'm been telling myself that I only need to care about myself and my family and that's what matters.
Learn to laugh at everything bothering you. Getting away from social media would help, too. You'll be surprised how relaxed you are without Facebook and Twitter.

Try getting into more singleplayer games and cooperative multiplayer games. A lot of the bigger MMOs focus more on cooperation. If you want less power fantasy, Kenshi. Beware, it's the most gloriously janky game ever. It isn't multiplayer.
I've reinstalled ARMA 3 and am going through the bear of a campaign it has. I also got ME2 and the Brothers in Arms series, so maybe that'll help.
FUCKING LAUGH AT EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING.

I was in your same place, until I realized that nothing really matters. SO LAUGH WITH ME ANON, LAUGH!

I'm laughing but I don't know if i'm crying at the same time.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hobbies, dude. Do you have anything poking you at the back of your mind that you ever wanted to learn to do? Make electronics out of Arduinos and Raspberry Pis? Buy some fabric and craft something nice? Buy a 3D printer and print out random shit? Buy an Arcade1Up and convert it into a MAME machine? Whatever it is you wanna try, go do it, there's a YouTube video that covers every fucking hobby on the planet now and there's never really been a better time to try something new.

Here's a video I watched at first while stoned and loved it, and then I got really into watching this guy's videos and it got me into the mindset of crafting and repairing stuff. It's great fun, even if you just wanna watch and take it all in. No pressure.

It's a terrible idea to pay too much attention to the news and let it get to you. You're ultimately getting frustrated at a bunch of shit you can't control and a bunch of people you've never met. The kind of people who are on-board with lighting the country on fire and perpetually screeching "orange man bad" for 5 years already are total retards that don't have the same ability to introspect like you can, and they're just not worth ever taking seriously. That's why we laugh at them, and we congregate on KF because of all the places that ban us just for laughing at those dumb fucks.

Last edited:

No Exit

Bronze Medal Racist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just stop caring about it. Realize that your country is a massive machine with a million moving parts and no matter what kind of energy you pour into this system you'll always get nothing in return. Enjoy a hobby or watch some non-political/news videos, read a book or whatever and just chill out.
Then when you've finally chilled out, pull up a chair and watch the freakshow.

RA-5C Vigilante

kiwifarms.net
Hobbies, dude. Do you have anything poking you at the back of your mind that you ever wanted to learn to do? Make electronics out of Arduinos and Raspberry Pis? Buy some fabric and craft something nice? Buy a 3D printer and print out random shit? Buy an Arcade1Up and convert it into a MAME machine? Whatever it is you wanna try, go do it, there's a YouTube video that covers every fucking hobby on the planet now and there's never really been a better time to try something new.

It's a terrible idea to pay too much attention to the news and let it get to you. You're ultimately getting frustrated at a bunch of shit you can't control and a bunch of people you've never met. The kind of people who are on-board with lighting the country on fire and perpetually screeching "orange man bad" for 5 years already are total retards that don't have the same ability to introspect like you can, and they're just not worth ever taking seriously. That's why we laugh at them, and we congregate on KF because of all the places that ban us just for laughing at those dumb fucks.
Is horse-riding considered a hobby? There's a place that offers lessons and stuff and I've always wanted to try it.

It's HK-47

Meatbag's Bounty of Bodies
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Politics is very silly and you should never become emotionally invested in it. Politicians have always been terrible and the masses have always been stupid. There's no way to fix that and no way to change that. It's been going on for thousands of years and it will continue to go on for thousands more if we continue to manage to avoid nuking ourselves.

All you can really do is laugh, and remember to look around at the world immediately around you and realize that while the panic-mongers want to convince you that the sky is perpetually falling, your day-to-day life really doesn't change in any particularly significant way. The world was supposed to end a thousand times over already and in my lifetime the only thing that's really changed is that we had to start taking our shoes off at the airports, we started pumping our own gas, and most-recently we had to all wear masks for a little bit and stand a few feet apart.

Other than that, regardless of what panic was being sold at the time, life really hasn't changed all that much. The media's just a massive distortion factory that has almost no resemblance to the real world. You're better off just ignoring them and laughing at Brian Stelter because he's fat and he sounds like a eunuch.

Last edited:

Harbinger of Kali Yuga

Your city lies in dust, my friend
kiwifarms.net
Stay stoned, try to have sex. alcohol helps. We are seeing a pivotal point in this nation's history when it goes to shit. The Rubicon we cross will look more like the river Styx. Stay safe, archive some movies/books/tv shows/etc for future watching, make sure you have a firearm to keep yourself safe with, stay indoors. Don't talk about your political opinion and lie and shout with the crowd if you have to. If you have friends and family cherish them.

people build shit, tear shit down, then build it again. I don't understand what there is to get upset over, humans and black people are just part of nature. do you get upset when tornadoes and hurricanes destroy cities too? or when lightning starts a forest fire and kills millions of animals and plants? I don't, I just L.O.L. (laugh out loud) at the videos of it for a few minutes then go back to playing super mario 64 romhacks while getting my dick sucked by my gf and smoking drugs and doing alcohol.

RA-5C Vigilante

kiwifarms.net
Politics is very silly and you should never become emotionally invested in it. Politicians have always been terrible and the masses have always been stupid. There's no way to fix that and no way to change that. It's been going on for thousands of years and it will continue to go on for thousands more if we continue to manage to avoid nuking ourselves.

All you can really do is laugh, and remember to look around at the world immediately around you and realize that while the panic-mongers want to convince you that the sky is perpetually falling, your day-to-day life really doesn't change in any particularly significant way. The world was supposed to end a thousand times over already and in my lifetime the only thing that's really changed is that we had to start taking our shoes off at the airports, we started pumping our own gas, and most-recently we had to all wear masks for a little bit and stand a few feet apart.

Other than that, regardless of what panic was being sold at the time, life really hasn't changed all that much. The media's just a massive distortion factory that has almost no resemblance to the real world.
That Sky is Falling part really hit me hard, because I remember just this year we started with "WW3 with Iran", followed by "TRULY HE WILL BE IMPEACHED", to the Rona, to now this shit. I never really watched the news even as a kid, and I stopped listening to anything any talking head said since March, and I think that's whats at least kept me moderately insane.
people build shit, tear shit down, then build it again. I don't understand what there is to get upset over, humans and black people are just part of nature. do you get upset when tornadoes and hurricanes destroy cities too? or when lightning starts a forest fire and kills millions of animals and plants? I don't, I just L.O.L. (laugh out loud) at the videos of it for a few minutes then go back to playing super mario 64 romhacks while getting my dick sucked by my gf and smoking drugs and doing alcohol.
How do I acquire gf in these times

Tags
None