I Wish I Could Tell You It’s Gotten Better. It Hasn’t. -

CatParty

Boo
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

When Gamergate began, I was the head of
development for my game studio, Giant Spacekat. I watched for months as a mob of trolls harassed women in game development with death threats and rape threats, and violated their privacy until they quit or gave up their careers.
What follows are a selection of quotes detailingthreats and harassment claims from the FBI Gamergate report (2017).

1566133317296.png
1566133329371.png
1566133349669.png
1566133372771.png

Since industry leaders would not, I knew I had to act.

As a result, I was a primary target of Gamergate. They tried to hack my studio. They attempted to steal and publish my academic records. They shot videos wearing skull masks and showing viewers the knives they said they planned to murder me with. But I stood my ground; I didn’t back down and I told reporters the truth about what was happening.
I meticulously documented all of it — the death threats, the rape threats, the identity theft. And, along with other women who were being targeted, I waited for law enforcement to prosecute the men who had threatened to murder me and other women. I met with the F.B.I., with the White House and with members of Congress. I waited for justice. I am still waiting.
I wish I could tell you that it’s gotten better. It hasn’t. Gamergate gave birth to a new kind of celebrity troll, men who made money and built their careers by destroying women’s reputations. It poisoned our politics and our society. Attacks on journalists, disinformation campaigns, the online radicalization of young men — these are depressingly familiar symptoms of our current dysfunction.
What about in the gaming industry? Before those events in 2014, there was almost no discussion about the challenges women faced in game development. We build worlds of fantasy for men, by men. Gamergate should have been a time of reckoning for the gaming community, which had long been rife with sexism and misogyny. It wasn’t.
Since Gamergate, there is finally some awareness of these problems, but there has been little action. The number of women promoted to senior positions and studio heads is still dismally low. In the workplace, women have a persistent sense of being undervalued and unheard. Gamergate gave our industry an easy villain to blame for our problems. The perception was that women were leaving because of harassment. The reality was that we were leaving because we felt underpaid, underpromoted and unable to balance the demands of work and life.
We needed the men who sexually harassed us at work to be fired. What we got instead were catered luncheons for women in tech. Even today, game studios rarely stand by their employees who are targeted by online mobs who use exactly the same tactics they used during Gamergate. Everyone agrees sexism is a problem, yet no one admits to sexism.
Since Gamergate, many women I know are reluctant to speak publicly on gender issues, because they fear — rightly — that they will be targeted and harassed. One close friend told me she could not risk her young daughter being targeted or worse — growing up without a mother. Women who have been sexually harassed simply leave their companies out of fear of ending up in the press. Speaking up exerts a heavy price, as does being silent.
And yet, there are thousands of small victories that came as a result of Gamergate. I know women who were in college five years ago who saw the sisterly solidarity in the gaming industry and were inspired to follow their dreams and make video games. Women today are vastly more organized and better networked. When a game conference has an all-male lineup, you can be certain that the organizers are going to hear about it. When you look at the bylines of industry publications, there are many more women today than there were in 2014. This isn’t the revolution we wanted, but I now feel certain that revolution will come.
The main lesson I took from Gamergate is that asking the status quo to do the right thing doesn’t work. In a way, that is empowering. Instead of asking men to fix this field, women need the power to fix it ourselves. Increasingly, women are founding game studios, pushing for promotions and helping young women find their first jobs. The people who hate us are more organized, but so are we. And for myself, I decided to run for the House of Representatives, to give law enforcement the resources to prosecute online extremism. Perhaps the most lasting legacy of Gamergate will not be prosecutions but the leaders who stepped up after the carnage.
Brianna Wu is a software engineer and Democratic candidate for the House of Representatives in Massachusetts District 8.

Smiling Honeybadger

Still not giving a fuck.
kiwifarms.net
Imagine your lifeswork is sperging about the vidya industry at all times and making this your political platform.

How can you live with that?
In Brianna's case it is power sperging about events from five years ago and about a movement that is not only a dead horse by now, but whose bones are fossilized.

And of course she included Tyce of Deagle Nation Fame. Despite the fact that it was all a ruse and as fake as her game developer career.

So, in conclusion I find this infinitely more pathetic than just merely sperging about the Games Industry.

Cubanodun

Metal Synthpop Hero
kiwifarms.net
The list the number of lies for fun and profit

When Gamergate began, I was the head of
development for my game studio, Giant Spacekat.
Your game studio was dead at that time, Revolution 60 was already out when you came to being a annoying twat and the rest of your team already bailed out because you were a terrible boss

What follows are a selection of quotes detailingthreats and harassment claims from the FBI Gamergate report (2017).
The same FBI that ignored you calls because you were false flagging yourself, but that would be a inconvenient truth for the NY Times also John trademarked cherry picking

As a result, I was a primary target of Gamergate.
You were a sideshow, the other cool kids like Zoe stole your thunder and you to this day are still bitter about it, lets not forget that they cut you out of their cabal because you were so hysterical that even them considered you a liability

They tried to hack my studio.
Says the idiot that mistook a spam email with Russian agents trying to enter his IPhone

I waited for law enforcement to prosecute the men who had threatened to murder me and other women. I met with the F.B.I., with the White House and with members of Congress.
In the time of GamerGate you only met with the FBI and they discarded your case, pretty sure you have never been close to DC unless im forgetting something, or knowing John he just send a email to his senator or to the white house to bitch and moan about GG

We build worlds of fantasy for men, by men
Says the guy that made a video game about oversexualized praying mantis in spandex

We needed the men who sexually harassed us at work to be fired.
You have never worked in your life John, and pretty sure no one has ever sexually harass you, is hard to do it when you are a 2 meters ghoul with yellow teeth for smoking like a truck driver

One close friend
:story:

And for myself, I decided to run for the House of Representatives, to give law enforcement the resources to prosecute online extremism. Perhaps the most lasting legacy of Gamergate will not be prosecutions but the leaders who stepped up after the carnage.
Let me fix that for you "i decided to run for the house FOR A SECOND TIME" because the first time a dirty white male beat me to it

If you want to check the misandry just notice how in all the article John don't ever consider the possibility that males could help solve the problems in the industry, ONLY women can do it

Remove Goat

Wendy_Carter's #1 fan and now goat free
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They shot videos wearing skull masks and showing viewers the knives they said they planned to murder me with.
AAAAnd there's the obligatory "Deagle Nation was a TOTALLY LEGIT hate campaign against me" line.

Also, what the fuck is with the formatting? Did it break when OP reposted it? If not, Johnny boy could learn to hit enter a few more times.

Reactions: Alex Krycek

YourMommasBackstory

Gosh, I hope I’m safe it this suit!
kiwifarms.net
> rape threats
> Looks at Wu's photos
Ye, sounds legit.

Btw, i do not have a big knowlege about this cow, but is revolution 60 her only game? If so, maybe if she would spend more time on making good games instead of twitter, she wouldn't got all that angry gamers attention.
I mean, look at this
1566156463149.png

Everyone who's game's poster looks like this decerve to be bullied.

Last edited:

Cubanodun

Metal Synthpop Hero
kiwifarms.net
but is revolution 60 her only game?
Yes, and he only did the story and the character design, don't be fooled by the credits that put him in glorified titles

He had plans for a boring ass game that would teach girls how to program (no mans allowed) and project gogo a super duper vr game that would rocked your brain according to him when in reality his concept was just a dumbass walking simulator that would have teach you how to be woke

After the horrible disaster of Revolution 60, Frank cut the budget and Giant spacekat died and no one cared

Tags
None