Iago, Igor & Renfield Speculation - A Shakespearean Mystery

damian

Not *cough* Zack.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

In a livestream by Nick Rekieta, Ty Beard of BHBH revealed 2 particular individuals that have piqued our curiosity:

Although extensively debated in the Main WeebWars thread, I thought it would be worth dedicating an entire thread in pursuit of revealing who these 2 individuals really are.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Iago Clues:
  • Slimy vindictive little shit
  • Keeps his hands clean
  • Does not appear to be an employee of Funi/RT
  • Has a lot of influence
  • Does not own or run any conventions but has great influence with them
  • Is one of the people pressuring KC
  • Is rich and brags about it
  • Vice principal of a company
  • Threatened Todd Haberkorn with retaliation
  • Ty Beard mentioned he had a whiny, kind of effeminate voice
  • Iago WILL NOT be in R1 of the lawsuits
  • Does not like Igor
  • Has a whole bunch of his money tied up in an expensive project
Prime Suspect:
Christopher Sabat

Reasons:
  • He is not named in the first round of the lawsuit.
  • He has influence at conventions. (Sabat was allegedly one of those who blew up the KC cons organisers phone.)
  • Has a very nice house (valued at $750k) and a Tesla (not a model 3)
  • Owns Okatron 5000 (recording studio used frequently by Funimation)
  • Has casting decision power at Funimation
Possible Suspects:
Igor Clues:
  • Sad pathetic little human being
  • Does all the dirty work
  • Thinks Iago will hire legal protection for him
  • Igor will not be in R1 of the lawsuits
  • Does not like Iago
  • Does not know they are Igor
Prime Suspect:
  • X
Possible Suspects:
Renfield Clues:
  • Renfield is somebody the kiwis have already guessed
  • It's not the whale nor the shoe eater.
  • Doesn't know they are on the target list.
  • Nick says it's one of the names that we've been throwing around for Igor
Prime Suspect:
  • X
Possible Suspects:
Former/Eliminated Suspects:
[X were no suspects apply, New additions/details in Orange]

UPDATES:
04/18/2019 - New details have come out on Nick's Ace Attorney Stream. Nick revealed that IAGO MAY BE IN R1 of the lawsuits. Igor may not even know they are Igor. Renfield has been added to the speculation.

04/19/2019 - Lawsuit is a GO! Iago will not be in R1.

Last edited:

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net
In watching some of the discussion today, we may have another well hidden candidate that we missed. Adam Sheehan
Adam Sheehan / neumaverick

Dox:

DOB: August 18, 1977
152 Gough St
San Francisco, CA 94102
Email: neumaverick@yahoo.com

SPOILER: ACCOUNTS

Sheehan is married to an older cosplayer named Charlene Ingram (archive), who works for Capcom. They got married last year, and their good friend Jessie Pridemore was the photographer. Sheehan also has an 18-year-old daughter named Lain.

The Pridemore connection is important, because Adam Sheehan was the "Adam" mentioned by Todd Haberkon, when he gave his answer to Pridemore's rape accusation. In response, Sheehan completely threw Haberkon under the bus on twitter (archive), as well as released some private messages between the two, showing that Haberkon had said some negative things about Vic in the past.

Sheehan has more connections to this whole shitshow than just the Haberkorn situation. He currently works as Director of Events at Crunchyroll and VRV, which are part of the same company that also manages Rooster Teeth. So basically, he is involved with every convention that Crunchyroll participates in. Before this job, he worked for 10+ years at Funimation. He basically has fingers in every pie. Does that mean anything? Who knows, but he's a dumb piece of shit either way.

damian

Not *cough* Zack.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In watching some of the discussion today, we may have another well hidden candidate that we missed. Adam Sheehan

Dox:

152 Gough St
San Francisco, CA 94102

Sheehan is married to an older cosplayer named Charlene Ingram (archive), who works for Capcom. They got married last year, and their good friend Jessie Pridemore was the photographer. Sheehan also has an 18-year-old daughter named Lain.

The Pridemore connection is important, because Adam Sheehan was the "Adam" mentioned by Todd Haberkon, when he gave his answer to Pridemore's rape accusation. In response, Sheehan completely threw Haberkon under the bus on twitter (archive), as well as released some private messages between the two, showing that Haberkon had said some negative things about Vic in the past.

Sheehan has more connections to this whole shitshow than just the Haberkorn situation. He currently works as Director of Events at Crunchyroll and VRV, which are part of the same company that also manages Rooster Teeth. So basically, he is involved with every convention that Crunchyroll participates in. Before this job, he worked for 10+ years at Funimation. He basically has fingers in every pie. Does that mean anything? Who knows, but he's a dumb piece of shit either way.
He's in the OP already check possible Iago suspects.

damian

Not *cough* Zack.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Dox:

152 Gough St
San Francisco, CA 94102

Oops missed him there. I was thinking on him for Igor.
I had him pegged as an Iago type, decided to add him as a possible Igor too.

Vice principal.
Thanks, corrections have been made.

Ringo L. E. Gant

kiwifarms.net
There was also a minor clue in the original Iago/Igor discussion about Iago: Ty Beard mentioned he had a whiny, kind of effeminate voice. Unless that was just Ty poking fun, it makes me skeptical about it being Sabat. Leaning much more towards Douglas myself. Especially since he has more ties with Viz and the video game industry than he does with Funi. Also seemed weird just HOW pissed he got about Vic at the beginning.

Marco Fucko

Welcome to the fruit fields.
kiwifarms.net
There was also a minor clue in the original Iago/Igor discussion about Iago: Ty Beard mentioned he had a whiny, kind of effeminate voice. Unless that was just Ty poking fun, it makes me skeptical about it being Sabat. Leaning much more towards Douglas myself. Especially since he has more ties with Viz and the video game industry than he does with Funi. Also seemed weird just HOW pissed he got about Vic at the beginning.
That voice clue is the trickiest one to nail down imo. I've looked at interviews from Douglas, Sheehan and Schemmel and while they both have some higher pinched elements there is also a certain amount of bass in all three of them (medium toned, I guess).

I think the nail in the coffin will be the bragging about wealth, if any of that has leaked through into Twitter. I'm not super familiar with the dub scene, but Schemmel being worth 3 mil is making me think it's either Sheehan or him. Sheehan's a business professional who has been around for a while, plenty of investment opportunities, and Schemmel is worth millions in an industry populated by people who seem to be able to barely pay their rent.

Far Queue

kiwifarms.net
Didn't Ty say he should have called Igor, Renfield in the second video about them? Was trying to remember why I thought Igor was Skye till I remembered Ty said he should have used Renfield instead.
Yeah, I remember that. It made a lot of people speculate that it could be everyone's favorite blue whale.

In some sense I wonder if the speculation is kind of pointless since all of the people who might be these individuals will wind up getting sued and that Iago and Igor were just two of the codenames they had.

Ringo L. E. Gant

kiwifarms.net
Didn't Ty say he should have called Igor, Renfield in the second video about them? Was trying to remember why I thought Igor was Skye till I remembered Ty said he should have used Renfield instead.
Assuming this wasn't just a pun like the Blue Whale theory, here are two important story distinctions between Renfield and Igor (spoilers for Bram Stoker's Dracula I guess lmao):
  1. Renfield is legitimately insane in the Dracula novel. Before he meets the Count, he suffers from delusions that make him think that he's some kind of vampiric being. Igor's just kind of a loyal creep.
  2. Renfield eventually betrays Dracula to help the protags defeat him.
I think there's a lot of reasons why Ty might have said that Renfield line, but it would make sense if the logic was this: "Igor" is a delusional person who thinks they can reach Iago's level of success despite receiving no respect from Iago, yet if pushed he may throw Iago under the bus (I think this is likely because a lot of Ty's messages to Igor seem to be tempting him to do this, constantly talking about how Iago will betray him and how he doesn't respect him). Of course, there is just a chance that the preference on Renfield is that Ty (as a fan of literature) prefers to use a literary character rather than a film one (Igor/Fritz is not present in Shelly's novel).

EDIT: Oh shit Renfield is a separate person now. Hopefully these distinctions help!

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino