Iago, Igor & Renfield Speculation - A Shakespearean Mystery

Far Queue

kiwifarms.net
Neither Sabat or Schemmel has what I'd call a "whiny, kind of effeminate voice" so to me there are two possibilities.

The first is that Ty was misremembering and mistakenly thought of someone else's voice, which could easily be the case given he's not terribly familiar with all of these individuals. There are several other clues that fit for Sabat, but after Vic's testimony that Sabat was one of the people contacting KC, that would mean he certainly wasn't keeping his hands clean. That's why I'm more mixed on putting Sabat down as Iago. Also being an owner of the recording studio would make him a principal, not a vice-principal of a company.

The second is that it really is D.C. Douglas who also fits a lot of clues, but does have a voice that I could see Ty describing that way. Go queue up some videos of all three of those people talking and just listen in the background without looking at them as a person. Both Sabat and Schemmel sound like generally regular dudes, but Douglas has this weird inflection and slightly off intonation that doesn't seem masculine, even though his voice isn't particular high.

I'd put Schemmel as Renfield because he's kind of a patsy, and Nick later stated that Renfield's importance might have been overstated. Schemmel seems like the kind that might retweet and fall in line, but probably not the kind of person to go out of his way to cause any mischief himself.

Edit: After listening to some of the voices of the other suspects, Adam Sheehan also fits as far as the voice goes since he also throws a bit of femme inflection into his speech, probably just as a result of living in San Francisco. He doesn't work for either Funi or RT, but would be a Vice Principal at Crunchyroll and VRV as the Director of Events. The affidavit of his makes it seem like he really hates Vic and has probably been smearing him much more behind the scenes than he has publicly. He also got into a spat with Todd on Twitter.

Last edited:

A Literal Poop Emoji

kiwifarms.net
Why would this cunt have so much influence on Funimation?
The relationship between Okratron 5000 and Funimation isn't arms-length. It's incestuous.

And, for a publicly traded company such as Sony is, a matter of fiduciary duty to share holders and, quite likely, criminal.*

*Though I doubt enough so for Sony's board to take action. MAYBE.

Far Queue

kiwifarms.net
He's only a principal of the recording studio, not Funimation. He's a vice principal of Funimation, though.
I forget whether they said Iago was specifically a vice principal of Funimation or not. The first post just says he's the vice principal of a company. It seems odd to make that claim about him when he is also a principal of a company, but it could just by Ty not wanting to be too blatant about it.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I forget whether they said Iago was specifically a vice principal of Funimation or not. The first post just says he's the vice principal of a company. It seems odd to make that claim about him when he is also a principal of a company, but it could just by Ty not wanting to be too blatant about it.
It was specifically Funimation, otherwise why would it matter?

Far Queue

kiwifarms.net
It was specifically Funimation, otherwise why would it matter?
I went back to the original stream Nick had with Ty to double check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4KwoT0ENTM&t=41m45s (links directly to start of discussion on Iago)

Ty doesn't specifically name Funimation but does say he intents to make the company that Iago acts as a vice principal for liable. It would seem to be odd to phrase it that way if they were referring to Funimation as they were already planned as a party to the suit. The alternative interpretation is that he really is referring to Funimation and that's how Ty intened to be able to keep them in the lawsuit even though the evidence might otherwise seem thin.

The one thing that doesn't square as well on rewatch is the bit about keeping his hands clean as Ty mentions "almost law school textbook examples of tortious interference" so perhaps the clean-hands may have been more of a reference to the original character that doesn't apply to person involved in this case. He then goes on to mention that Iago makes Igor do a lot of the dirty work.

Bob's Your Uncle

Wandering About
kiwifarms.net
I went back to the original stream Nick had with Ty to double check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4KwoT0ENTM&t=41m45s (links directly to start of discussion on Iago)

Ty doesn't specifically name Funimation but does say he intents to make the company that Iago acts as a vice principal for liable. It would seem to be odd to phrase it that way if they were referring to Funimation as they were already planned as a party to the suit. The alternative interpretation is that he really is referring to Funimation and that's how Ty intened to be able to keep them in the lawsuit even though the evidence might otherwise seem thin.

The one thing that doesn't square as well on rewatch is the bit about keeping his hands clean as Ty mentions "almost law school textbook examples of tortious interference" so perhaps the clean-hands may have been more of a reference to the original character that doesn't apply to person involved in this case. He then goes on to mention that Iago makes Igor do a lot of the dirty work.
Keeping his hands clean is one of the reasons I was actually thinking it was Justin Cook as Iago. If, as someone mentioned earlier, he has no social media, he has no electronic footprint that could come back to him. Best way to keep your dirt off the internet is to not have a presence to begin with. And without that media presence, we have to rely on what little we can glean form what I consider mandatory public electronic data (company personnel, public databases, etc.)

It would be curious to see where his true standing is in the grand scheme of things. One of the things that strike me against Sabat as Iago and more as Igor is that he’s too far out in the public compared to Cook. He seems to be working a lot more public than someone who wants to keep a low profile. Cook also works at Otakron as well.

I realize I’m a newcomer, and I could be wrong on my assumptions. However, I can’t get out of my mind that someone else we haven’t seen in this furball of a fight is behind it.

CBBD

kiwifarms.net
Not sure if it's been mentioned but isn't Dom Skye a furfag of sorts?

Renfield the character is diagnosed as a "zoophagus maniac".

Does Nick even know that kind of stuff about these degenerates? Or I suppose a better question is are they all named by ty who would have no idea what that shit i

Far Queue

kiwifarms.net
Not sure if it's been mentioned but isn't Dom Skye a furfag of sorts?

Renfield the character is diagnosed as a "zoophagus maniac".

Does Nick even know that kind of stuff about these degenerates? Or I suppose a better question is are they all named by ty who would have no idea what that shit i
Ty said he chose the names based on parallels between the fictional character and the person represented by each code name. However, I think it was a more general theme than anything that specific.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Probably too irrelevant even for a Renfield. He hasn't done anything relevant other than start gay-ops with TUG the drama queen.
I suppose he might be a Renfield. There are some similarities. For instance, Renfield was a freak who sucked blood out of rats, and McCormick is a freak who sucks jizz out of cocks.

Tags
None