Iago, Igor & Renfield Speculation - A Shakespearean Mystery

TexOffender

Whatever happens, happens
kiwifarms.net
Incase anybody as doubting the popular Iago/Igor speculation (Sabat/Schemmel)View attachment 915751
Well there it is, Ty had the "you threatened one of my clients for hiring me, you and I are about to have a big problem" line in that first stream he did with Nick. It's all clear now.

Edit: Man rewatching this from the point Iago is mentioned really opens the eyes.

Last edited:

Jub-Jub

kiwifarms.net
Didn't Ty say Ron isn't Iago, Igor or Renfield tho?
Very early on Ty mentioned that Ron has never had a codename. Now along with other clues pointing to Sabat being Iago and Igor being his little toadie Schemmel, Ty said Iago threatened another client (read Todd) with retaliation. Chuck say's Sabat and Schemmel threatened retaliation. This isn't rocket surgery.

Am I getting a bit overexcited on this or is this actually a huge revelation? I haven't seen the email but this seems like a pretty big nail in the coffin.
I think the email may be missing from the filing.

ShaggyDawg

kiwifarms.net
Very early on Ty mentioned that Ron has never had a codename. Now along with other clues pointing to Sabat being Iago and Igor being his little toadie Schemmel, Ty said Iago threatened another client (read Todd) with retaliation. Chuck say's Sabat and Schemmel threatened retaliation. This isn't rocket surgery.

I think the email may be missing from the filing.
Not confused about that, thought you were implying Toye was Renfield in the original post I replied to. That's the only one we need to figure out now.

You know, given the discussion Nick had regarding a certain abridging team getting shielded by Sabat and Funi from Toei, do you think one of them or Geekdom might be the final character?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Jub-Jub
E

ES 195

kiwifarms.net
You know, given the discussion Nick had regarding a certain abridging team getting shielded by Sabat and Funi from Toei, do you think one of them or Geekdom might be the final character?
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. And Sabat was supposedly taking kickbacks too. Not only would Toei absolutely not like that but depending on how and where the money went it could be illegal. Most likely a breach of contract at minimum though.

Jub-Jub

kiwifarms.net
Not confused about that, thought you were implying Toye was Renfield in the original post I replied to. That's the only one we need to figure out now.

My bad then. I've kinda disregarded the Renfield codename after Ty mentioned they weren't very important and that he probably overstated their involvement. According to the OP it's a name we've already picked for Igor, so Geekdom fits the bill, but so do a few others... There just aren't enough clues to nail it down.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: ShaggyDawg

ShaggyDawg

kiwifarms.net
And Sabat was supposedly taking kickbacks too
If I remember correctly, I don't think Sabat was the one getting the kickbacks from the TFS merch, it was Funi. Although given Chuck's affidavit on Gen-San, I wouldn't be surprised if Sabat really did get a cut. Would explain why he also actively played along, almost endorsing TFS. Was extremely beneficial to him. Not only would his statements about the series give it more viewers and sell more merch that he'd get profits from. It also fools the fanbase into liking him more because he likes something they do. Or he could just genuinely like it

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
If I remember correctly, I don't think Sabat was the one getting the kickbacks from the TFS merch, it was Funi. Although given Chuck's affidavit on Gen-San, I wouldn't be surprised if Sabat really did get a cut. Would explain why he also actively played along, almost endorsing TFS. Was extremely beneficial to him. Not only would his statements about the series give it more viewers and sell more merch that he'd get profits from. It also fools the fanbase into liking him more because he likes something they do. Or he could just genuinely like it
It's almost like he was profiting by fucking over the owner of the IP TFS was using and Sabat also profits from, without letting them know about that and pretending he had some other motive for white knighting TFS.

If Toei is looking for someone to blame for all this and isn't quite up to excising the cancer of Funimation entirely, one lucky contestant is looking for his next starring role as a scapegoat.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. And Sabat was supposedly taking kickbacks too. Not only would Toei absolutely not like that but depending on how and where the money went it could be illegal. Most likely a breach of contract at minimum though.
I knew TFS was being protected, but I didn't hear about any kickbacks being part of the deal. That is some scummy shit if that's true. Would also explain how they seem to be leaning towards kickvic as well though

E

ES 195

kiwifarms.net
I knew TFS was being protected, but I didn't hear about any kickbacks being part of the deal. That is some scummy shit if that's true. Would also explain how they seem to be leaning towards kickvic as well though
It does seem like a good PR/propaganda scheme. Get the "best fans" to turn against Vic and have the sycophants parrot their opinions.
Too bad for Sabat the actual people behind TFS are just as unlikable as they are.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: KingofNothing

Urbanmech

Got an AC 10 and not afraid to use it!
kiwifarms.net
Neither Sabat or Schemmel has what I'd call a "whiny, kind of effeminate voice" so to me there are two possibilities.

The first is that Ty was misremembering and mistakenly thought of someone else's voice, which could easily be the case given he's not terribly familiar with all of these individuals. There are several other clues that fit for Sabat, but after Vic's testimony that Sabat was one of the people contacting KC, that would mean he certainly wasn't keeping his hands clean. That's why I'm more mixed on putting Sabat down as Iago. Also being an owner of the recording studio would make him a principal, not a vice-principal of a company.

The second is that it really is D.C. Douglas who also fits a lot of clues, but does have a voice that I could see Ty describing that way. Go queue up some videos of all three of those people talking and just listen in the background without looking at them as a person. Both Sabat and Schemmel sound like generally regular dudes, but Douglas has this weird inflection and slightly off intonation that doesn't seem masculine, even though his voice isn't particular high.

I'd put Schemmel as Renfield because he's kind of a patsy, and Nick later stated that Renfield's importance might have been overstated. Schemmel seems like the kind that might retweet and fall in line, but probably not the kind of person to go out of his way to cause any mischief himself.

Edit: After listening to some of the voices of the other suspects, Adam Sheehan also fits as far as the voice goes since he also throws a bit of femme inflection into his speech, probably just as a result of living in San Francisco. He doesn't work for either Funi or RT, but would be a Vice Principal at Crunchyroll and VRV as the Director of Events. The affidavit of his makes it seem like he really hates Vic and has probably been smearing him much more behind the scenes than he has publicly. He also got into a spat with Todd on Twitter.
I would like to point out that until this point no one knew Sabat was in on this either. He had to get his hands dirty in KC, it was a turning point. They couldn't allow a Con to reinvite Vic because that would be showing cracks in their little narrative and since MoRon wasn't getting him to change his stance, Sabat had to try and convice Chris to not allow Vic back. Its not like there was some studio tour that would make them a lot of money be held over their head.....

Going back to the Depo was it asked "there anyone that Vic considered a long time friend until recently?". That would fit Iago very well right?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: TexOffender

pearlslam

kiwifarms.net
Just a quick question seeing as I am late and gay in joining here, were we looking at Armzgurl with any kind of serious consideration for Igor? One of the major clues for Renfield is that it is one of the names that we have been throwing around for Igor, and the only two common names between the lists in the OP is MarzGurl and Dominique Skye. Seeing as I haven't seen Skye spurg out on twitter, I am likely going to peg MarzGurl as Renfield.

Sorry for my incoherence, but it is 4:30, and I need some sleep.

Urbanmech

kiwifarms.net
Just a quick question seeing as I am late and gay in joining here, were we looking at Armzgurl with any kind of serious consideration for Igor? One of the major clues for Renfield is that it is one of the names that we have been throwing around for Igor, and the only two common names between the lists in the OP is MarzGurl and Dominique Skye. Seeing as I haven't seen Skye spurg out on twitter, I am likely going to peg MarzGurl as Renfield.

Sorry for my incoherence, but it is 4:30, and I need some sleep.
honestly we didn't get much on Renfield just it was already a guess. So a lot of people used Renfields traits to pick who it was. I picked Skye because if I remember right, Renfield was revealed after KC and she had just got caught doing her little dumb ops. That and the fact shes a Thotccubus and feeds off the attention/paypigs.

pearlslam

kiwifarms.net
honestly we didn't get much on Renfield just it was already a guess. So a lot of people used Renfields traits to pick who it was. I picked Skye because if I remember right, Renfield was revealed after KC and she had just got caught doing her little dumb ops. That and the fact shes a Thotccubus and feeds off the attention/paypigs.
And what OPs was that?

Urbanmech

kiwifarms.net
And what OPs was that?
The one where she got a staff/attending guest badge (that would let her in places she was not supposed to be) and then tried to do some kind of questionable filming near Vics signing. KC questioned where she got the badge and refused to tell and KC staff noticed her hubby recording and her huffin and puffin so they threw her out of KC. There was even pictures of her and her friend at KC and you can see she has a different badge from her friends but no one knows who gave her that badge.

UmbralForma

Laughing at people's closets
kiwifarms.net
The one where she got a staff/attending guest badge (that would let her in places she was not supposed to be) and then tried to do some kind of questionable filming near Vics signing. KC questioned where she got the badge and refused to tell and KC staff noticed her hubby recording and her huffin and puffin so they threw her out of KC. There was even pictures of her and her friend at KC and you can see she has a different badge from her friends but no one knows who gave her that badge.
Oh I know who gave her badge it was on her timeline awhile back (frankly i'm blocked so i can't snoop) she had leaked private messages with Prince Vegeta aka JB Coleman who gave her guest pass more likely Monica was the courier of that from Friday giving it to Dominique on the Saturday. if someone can grab it cause I do remember seeing it that conversation taking place.

Last edited:

Urbanmech

kiwifarms.net
Oh I know who gave her badge it was on her timeline awhile back (frankly i'm blocked so i can't snoop) she had leaked private messages with Prince Vegeta aka JB Coleman who gave her guest pass more likely Monica was the courier of that from Friday giving it to Dominique on the Saturday. if someone can grab it cause I do remember seeing it that conversation taking place.
I can't, but do you remember if the texts were after KC and did the conversation have a date? I mean no offense but with the Sabat reveal and the fact of the dudes name...makes me highly suspicious. Granted she has a lot of people blocked.

UmbralForma

Laughing at people's closets
kiwifarms.net

Urbanmech

kiwifarms.net

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I still say its either J. Michael Tatum or Daman Mills.
Daman Mills has done some disturbing stuff in the past like stalk people.

Tags
None