Ice Poseidon / Paul Denino - insane Runescape streamer now doing Twitch IRL, always gets trolled/swatted, thotties and drugs

Purple Threat

A Deadly Fuschia, if you will
kiwifarms.net
The IRL fad a few years ago really was the modern day jackass if you ask me. Ice Poseidon is pretty dead now, but he caused an atomic bomb of autism and influenced a lot of exceptional individuals.
As scummy as the people were I miss this fad. Was arguably the best thing on twitch besides the one or two non-autist game streamers.

Seeing the shit they pulled from the safety of a screen was cathartic and hilarious and it's a shame that it's now devolved to a cringier version of reality tv.

not

kiwifarms.net
They could just use that policy to migrate back to IP1 and get that banned too but Ice probably wouldn't have a problem with that anyway.
IP1 got banned as well.

There really needs to be a non-shit social media platform. These companies make up nonsense rules as they go along and then apply them retrospectively.

Last edited:

Denmark Mafia

bad faith actor
kiwifarms.net
IP1 got banned as well.

There really needs to be a non-shit social media platform. These companies make up nonsense rules as they go along and then apply them retrospectively.
VOAT could have worked for them but WTF is even up with it? You can't view anything without an account and account registration is closed. Has been like that for months.

You have an avatar of great taste btw.

• Feels
Reactions: not

not

kiwifarms.net
VOAT could have worked for them but WTF is even up with it? You can't view anything without an account and account registration is closed. Has been like that for months.
Ever since they added that restriction on Voat I stopped visiting, can't imagine they get much traffic anymore (from the little they already had). It's a shame all the spin-off social media sites inevitably turn into cancer, like Voat/Gab/etc. Horribly mismanaged and/or left to rot.

I don't know what the solution is, but the internet stinks in 2019.
You have an avatar of great taste btw.
Haha, cheers.

• Agree
Reactions: LatinasAreTheFuture

CMCW

Shhh, We're talking about Black people.
kiwifarms.net
IP1 got banned as well.

Ice would gladly lose his reddit if IP2 goes down too, but he probably underestimates the relevancy his haters give him by memeing him. He will be sore when he can't find a venue to recreate that even if he miraculously got on their good side again.

• Agree
Reactions: tantric_depressive

not

kiwifarms.net
Ice would gladly lose his reddit if IP2 goes down too, but he probably underestimates the relevancy his haters give him by memeing him. He will be sore when he can't find a venue to recreate that even if he miraculously got on their good side again.
I'd say it's going to be next to impossible to grow his "re-branded" streams on YouTube alone now. Without any interactivity between the streams and the viewers it's not as engaging or entertaining. Half the reason he got as big as he did in the first place was Reddit.

Imperial Guardsman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not only has IP1 ans IP2 been banned but so has IP3. IP4, IP5 and r/content seems like reddit wants the remnants of Ice's community gone.

I'd say it's going to be next to impossible to grow his "re-branded" streams on YouTube alone now. Without any interactivity between the streams and the viewers it's not as engaging or entertaining. Half the reason he got as big as he did in the first place was Reddit.
He was never going to be able to successfully re-brand. His name is tainted and he is a "persona non grata" on twitch. Him being lazy and not streaming consistently and streaming on time is certainly hurting him but I also think it is what he is doing on streams. I became aware of pretty late in the game, when Jim did the stream about Corrine's ipad. Though from what I have seen Ice is at his best when he is outside and interacting with people or just going to some random event. One of my favorite streams from after I started watching Ice is when he went to the singles meetup being put on by those two gay old guys. I thought it was really funny because of how weird those two guys running it were and Ice trying to interact with them. I never found his desktop or gaming streams interesting.

Any hope of him reviving his career died the moment he moved into the mansion and he stopped streaming on a semi-regular basis. His consistancy was bad leading up to it but after he moved into the mansion he completely stopped streaming and let his leeches stream.

Ice surrounding himself with leeches who didn't tell him "no that idea is bad" was only part of Ice's problem. The other parts are his extreme lack of motivation to stream. him not doing anything worth watching when streaming, and a failure to sometimes listen to his fans. Sometimes fan ideas and not viable or just not interesting but when you ignore them outright it really doesn't help things.

I think now would be a good time for someone to start an irl streaming community watch thread just because as this community continues to die it's members will do some exceptional shit in an attempt to stay relevant. I don't know enough about this community to make one but maybe @Denmark Mafia does.

• Agree

not

kiwifarms.net
I became aware of pretty late in the game, when Jim did the stream about Corrine's ipad. Though from what I have seen Ice is at his best when he is outside and interacting with people or just going to some random event. One of my favorite streams from after I started watching Ice is when he went to the singles meetup being put on by those two gay old guys. I thought it was really funny because of how weird those two guys running it were and Ice trying to interact with them. I never found his desktop or gaming streams interesting.
He used to be a magnet for funny and ridiculous situations. He'd just walk down a street and attract the most ridiculous characters or series of events.

You're mostly right though. His ego, mixed with drugs and laziness, surrounded by yes-men, was always going to kill him. But without even having a community backing now (discord cancer doesn't count) it's the final nail in the coffin.
I think now would be a good time for someone to start an irl streaming community watch thread just because as this community continues to die it's members will do some exceptional shit in an attempt to stay relevant. I don't know enough about this community to make one but maybe @Denmark Mafia does.
I've thought there should be an IRL community thread for a while, the amount of degeneracy and autism in that sphere is second to none. I'd even consider starting one but I wouldn't even know where to start.

Do Community threads have to start in proving grounds too?

Last edited:

Imperial Guardsman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He used to be a magnet for funny and ridiculous situations. He'd just walk down a street and attract the most ridiculous characters or series of events.

You're mostly right though. His ego, mixed with drugs and laziness, surrounded by yes-men, was always going to kill him. But without even having a community backing now (discord cancer doesn't count) it's the final nail in the coffin.

I've thought there should be an IRL community thread for a while, the amount of degeneracy and autism in that sphere is second to none. I'd even consider starting one but I wouldn't even know where to start.
I agree he is just someone who attracts crazy and weirdness.

His Ego has always been a problem and is something that is a problem for any e-celeb when left unchecked or overly praised. Ice has no one to blame but himself for his fall.

I agree there should have already been one, the autism, stupidity and degeneracy make it a great choice for a thread. Especially in the time that has passed since Ice "shut down" his "network."

not

kiwifarms.net
I agree he is just someone who attracts crazy and weirdness.

His Ego has always been a problem and is something that is a problem for any e-celeb when left unchecked or overly praised. Ice has no one to blame but himself for his fall.

I agree there should have already been one, the autism, stupidity and degeneracy make it a great choice for a thread. Especially in the time that has passed since Ice "shut down" his "network."
Fuck it I'm going to start writing a draft today. I figure all the time I've wasted on this degeneracy can go to some use. How do you think it should be structured? Ice Poseidon as a starting point and then all the cast of characters that followed?

Do Community threads also have to be started in Proving Grounds?

Imperial Guardsman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fuck it I'm going to start writing a draft today. I figure all the time I've wasted on this degeneracy can go to some use. How do you think it should be structured? Ice Poseidon as a starting point and then all the cast of characters that followed?

Do Community threads also have to be started in Proving Grounds?
I'm pretty sure they do need to go in proving grounds.

I think Ice and his cast is a good start. since they are the main people in that community and the once who are certainly the most autistic. Maybe put each person in spoilers while the base of OP is explaining what IRL streaming is and why it might attract the speds it attracts. If you want some of blades back story I will post a reply in the thread when I can. I wrote a decent overview for his thread in proving grounds a while back.

Denmark Mafia

bad faith actor
kiwifarms.net
Ice gets shit on a lot and for good reason. Still, there was something there. He got "big" for a reason. His talent to act exceptional and be genuinely funny in public is something I would not discount completely. People will likely look back at his "legacy of shit" in a negative way but ice could have been a genuinely good entertainer.

The reasons for his failure are in my book:

- His lack of discipline
- Mental health:
IRL streaming fucks with your private life and it's hard to seperate.
Extremely toxic trolls and record amount of swattings fucked up his streams and his mental health.
- The concept of IRL streams of the "ice poseidon school" is not compatible with today's world. People get too offended and triggered.
- Bad people around him
- Ice eventually came across as an egomaniac which burned bridges with his fans

Not only has IP1 ans IP2 been banned but so has IP3. IP4, IP5 and r/content seems like reddit wants the remnants of Ice's community gone.

He was never going to be able to successfully re-brand. His name is tainted and he is a "persona non grata" on twitch. Him being lazy and not streaming consistently and streaming on time is certainly hurting him but I also think it is what he is doing on streams. I became aware of pretty late in the game, when Jim did the stream about Corrine's ipad. Though from what I have seen Ice is at his best when he is outside and interacting with people or just going to some random event. One of my favorite streams from after I started watching Ice is when he went to the singles meetup being put on by those two gay old guys. I thought it was really funny because of how weird those two guys running it were and Ice trying to interact with them. I never found his desktop or gaming streams interesting.

Any hope of him reviving his career died the moment he moved into the mansion and he stopped streaming on a semi-regular basis. His consistancy was bad leading up to it but after he moved into the mansion he completely stopped streaming and let his leeches stream.

Ice surrounding himself with leeches who didn't tell him "no that idea is bad" was only part of Ice's problem. The other parts are his extreme lack of motivation to stream. him not doing anything worth watching when streaming, and a failure to sometimes listen to his fans. Sometimes fan ideas and not viable or just not interesting but when you ignore them outright it really doesn't help things.

@not I can provide info for the thread if you need anything. E.g. I can dig up old videos.

I guess I am well informed on ice and his orbiters but not on the more recent stuff. I kinda know what happened to Blade through Metokur but that's it?