If Kiwi Farms was a thing in the 1990's, which lolcow threads would be the most active? - Keeping this thing going...

• We've gotten t.me/kiwifarms set up for downtime announcements since Twitter doesn't allow us to have one.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
1996 Taiwan Straits Crisis

The 1991 closing of US Military bases in Philippines

And a thread about the Vizconde Massacre

And the ongoing trial of that massacre that went on for the better part of the decade

Last edited:

MistressCaridad

Now we drink
kiwifarms.net
I'm surprised no one has said Tammy Faye Bakker (may her heavily make-uped soul rest in peace).

Probably would end up with a general televangelist thread and maybe individual featured threads for the big names like Jim and Tammy Faye, Swaggart, Kenneth Copeland, and Robert Tilton (Tilton’s thread would probably contain the early versions of the Farting Preacher videos lmao)

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
We'd also have a long miserable GINO(Godzilla In Name Only) thread. Lots of angry Godzilla fans venting out on the 98 Godzilla movie.

And a Chrono Trigger vs Final Fantasy 7 thread. Who's the better hero, Crono or Cloud? Who's most devious Magus or Sephiroth?

tehpope

Wig Out | Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There would be a Howard Stern appreciation thread. The Cleveland Funeral would be a big happening.

During Stern's expansion into major markets, he'd have these funerals for his competition. The Cleveland one was the last I believe. The major issue that happened was an engineer from their rival station physically cut the wires to Stern's satellite feed. Apparently before that, they hijacked the feed and cursed on the air. If you're were on the east coast, this was all happening live on the air. They had to use a cell phone at one point to continue the broadcast. The tapes of the show are out there and are wild.

Last edited:

Captain Manning

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If Kiwifarms were a thing in the 90s it probably wouldn't be a website, but rather a Usenet group called alt.lolcows (or something like that).

Web 1.0 was shit for forums like this. Forums set up like this is what helped kill Usenet.

Agree on Derek Smart, BTW. That guy was a legend on Usenet. And by legend, I mean utterly insane.

Massa's Little Buckie

Flusher of wet wipes
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Y2K doomposting
Waco/Oklahoma City Bombing/SARS attacks/Desert Storm/Yugoslavia/Princess Diana's death Happenings
Bill and Monica
2pac/Biggie murders conspiracy thread
Pam and Tommy Lee's sex tape
The Long Island Lolita (did this happen in the 90s?)
Robocop 3/Batman and Robin griefing threads
Pokémon vs Digimon autistic slapfight
Which Power Ranger would you bang? The yellow or the pink one?
Furbies/Tamagotchi threads
Tape/CD players discussion
Fucking Nokias
What the fuck is a DVD?
The switch from analog to digital TV signal sperging
DSL discussion
Interview with the Vampire book/movie discussion and more Anne Rice shit
Geocities watch thread