If the vaccines actually do turn out to be massively unsafe, would "they" ever admit it? -

W00K #17

Welcome to the party bitch
kiwifarms.net
Pretty much SSIA. If it turns out the vaccines were a danger to health and a major public crisis (I'm not convinced they are, this is hypothetical) would the powers that be ever be honest about it? Or is there too much riding on this and too much potential embarrassment that they would only double down?

ArnoldPalmer

kiwifarms.net
Absolutely not. Maybe this is :optimistic: of me, but I do believe that a grand majority of people would never trust any kind of authority ever again if they found out that the world literally conspired to imprison them in their homes forever unless they violated HIPPA and released their medical records to the world to prove that they damaged themselves with an innoculation for a virus that isn't a big deal, if we're being 100% honest. Of course, there are plenty who don't care and just want their Netflix and Corn Syrup, but you can't fuck with that many people, on that life-changing of a level, and get away with it. To say heads would roll would be an understatement, and for that, I actually now hope your hypothetical is true, and they are.

Pixy

Yo, buddy. Still alive
kiwifarms.net
They would admit to it, sure. There are new alternative vaccines currently under development, no-doubt spurred on by the comparatively minor issues (85/25000000 vaccinated in Europe had clotting) with the Oxford-Astrazeneca, and similarly with the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Given how rare the clotting is amongst vaccinated people, it's certainly possible for the trials to have missed people that would have been affected.

There are some in Europe who were already considering buying the Russian Sputnik V vaccines, since they weren't able to secure enough as they would have liked. The Pfizer vaccine is still going strong thus far without any issues, too.

Just because there's already vaccines on the market doesn't mean development of other Covid-19 vaccines has stopped.

KingCoelacanth

Click here to change your title
kiwifarms.net
They would admit to it, sure. There are new alternative vaccines currently under development, no-doubt spurred on by the comparatively minor issues (85/25000000 vaccinated in Europe had clotting) with the Oxford-Astrazeneca, and similarly with the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Given how rare the clotting is amongst vaccinated people, it's certainly possible for the trials to have missed people that would have been affected.

There are some in Europe who were already considering buying the Russian Sputnik V vaccines, since they weren't able to secure enough as they would have liked. The Pfizer vaccine is still going strong thus far without any issues, too.

Just because there's already vaccines on the market doesn't mean development of other Covid-19 vaccines has stopped.
All this ignores OP's question, which is if the vaccines were dangerous (lets say more dangerous than the virus) would world powers be honest about it.

Ita Mori

💔Turn me into a street💔
kiwifarms.net
They would, at a point it's totally irrelevant.
Kinda like how the news apologizes for delivering bad articles or, pardon the term, fake news, way past the point of anyone caring or it having any chance of mending the damage done.

Now, would they face scrutiny for it? When pigs fly.

Enjoy_the_Soylence

kiwifarms.net
They will, but they'd say it's not their fault, they were using the best evidence they had. They're indemnified. They can admit that and not be held legally responsible.

Nobue

kiwifarms.net
Pretty much SSIA. If it turns out the vaccines were a danger to health and a major public crisis (I'm not convinced they are, this is hypothetical) would the powers that be ever be honest about it? Or is there too much riding on this and too much potential embarrassment that they would only double down?
If they feared enough of a reaction. Look how many vaccines have been paused over small numbers of deaths and so on--tons of pharma products have been allowed on the market for years even when they're dangerous. Why so much caution all of a sudden when they can't be sued?

Pixy

Yo, buddy. Still alive
kiwifarms.net
All this ignores OP's question, which is if the vaccines were dangerous (lets say more dangerous than the virus) would world powers be honest about it.
I'd say that I answered it, and explained my reasoning behind why there isn't " too much riding on this and too much potential embarrassment".

Yes, absolutely. All vaccines are subject to post-marketing surveillance. The data is publicly available--you can download VAERS data right now, there are other data sets that I haven't tried to retrieve. Regulators have been very transparent, you can download ACIP meeting notes and see how quickly they respond to even very small safety signals. And that's just official US sources. Other governments, NGOs, and researchers have their own motivation to study vaccine safety and publish their results.