If you are fat, it's your fault and it's not healthy (also, you look terrible) -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan

nWo 4 LyFe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just saying, if you genuinely care about people's health as much as you say you do, you shouldn't use such inflammatory language or try to guilt trip overweight people. Why? Because a lot of us already feel shitty enough as it is.

I'm overweight because I use eating as a coping mechanism for the mental illnesses I have (not going to :powerlevel: too hard here so I'll keep it general). I suffer from severe anxiety and, on occasion, depression and have been on medication for years. My neurosis, combined with the medication I take, have caused me to have a very strange relationship with food; I’ll avoid eating for a long time before binging out on junk food or food that isn’t very nutritious. And whenever my mental illnesses flare up, I have an obsessive compulsion to literally eat my feelings away so I don’t have to confront them; I don’t think I can articulate how hard it is to resist this compulsion. And the worst part is that compulsive eating is still way better than the self-destructive way I used to control my feelings. All of this has resulted in a very vicious circle, where I keep feeling worse and worse about myself, leading to more binging, leading to even lower self-esteem .

As much as dislike the HAES movement for glamorizing my predicament, I also dislike the anti-HAES side for making me feel worse about myself while ostensibly doing so for the sake of my health. And I really don't appreciate you making judgements about my moral character just because of the way I look, saying that I'm ugly, selfish, and indulgent for being overweight. This is exactly what I mean, anti-fat people are doing so much more harm than good by being so judgemental and condescending instead of actually trying to understand why people overeat and how they can deal with the underlying problems that drive them to do so.

You could always work on changing it. I suffer(ed) from clinical depression, severe social anxiety, was suicidal and was a fat bastard. I was on an anti-depressant that caused me to gain about 60 lb. Incidentally, I never saw myself as overweight. I took a college course on fitness (was required to graduate) and they made us fill out forms about ourselves; doing this, I realized what a fat bastard I had become. My bodyfat percentage was 37%. I was 5'9, 175 lb, with almost no muscle mass.

Did I sit there and whine about it? Did I call them judgmental and write about it on my Tumblr? Fuck no, I didn't. I started running every other day. I started lifting weights. Yeah, it sucked at first. Waking up 45 minutes early to walk/run for 20 minutes, shower, etc before class sucked (I had 8 am classes). I slowly started being able to run the whole 20 minutes, then kept running more. I started adding more weights. I started out being unable to jog for 5 minutes and could only bench 65 lb. I made small dietary changes over time, one every other week (1 less soda per day, replace candy bar with apple, etc... ) But you know what? I kept fucking doing it. My health was too important to delude myself into thinking it was okay to live like that. I was too important to live like that.

That was now about 10 years ago. I started bodybuilding and training MMA. I now, ironically, outweigh my old fat self, but I now have a lot of muscle on me. I have visible abs. I have great arms. I can bench press my own bodyweight a dozen times. I can deadlift over twice my bodyweight and can squat almost twice my bodyweight. Not to sound narcissistic, but I look 10 years younger than I am. I am 32 but get hit on by high school girls and cougars alike. My depression has gone down. And on days where it is still an issue, instead of drowning my depression in food and vidya, I now hit the gym and strive to be stronger every day. On a bad day, nothing gets me less depressed than a cute girl at the gym eyeing me up.

If a formerly suicidal, depressed, vidya-addicted fat fuck like me could do it, any one can.

Last edited:

autisticdragonkin

Eric Borsheim
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think that @Internet War Criminal is trying to rationalize his contempt for fatties by blaming them for it. I will counter that by saying that they likely have just by chance been fat due to genetics and the like. Even free will is actually a manifestation of one's genetics. This doesn't however mean that they are free from blame as just as I dislike ugly paintings knowing that they are only ugly by chance I feel the same way about fatties. Their bad genes are such that I more want them to suffer because their fundamental nature is degenerate.

Dr. Boe Jangles Esq.

Original Prick
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah that's completely false. The way you took care of your body in your first 50 years is definitely the single best determining factor of your quality of life when you enter your 50s onward. Sure, there's still the off-chance that you will get the big C or a stroke or get hit by a car or whatever, but those are outliers.

If you have
A) Guy who ate clean all of his life and exercised properly and regularly
B) Guy who was always overweight, drank, smoke and ate too much while doing fuck all

no fucking way that 'genetics' will mean that guy B will have better twilight years than guy A. This is retarded.
Yeah, tossing out stroke, cancer, accidental injury, alzheimers, dementia, and associated conditions, you're likely to do better overall if you're healthy.
Then again, that's a pretty massive fucking set of things to disregard.
The point isn't that "guy B" does better, you mong. The point is that people, all people, get sick and die when they get old, and much of this is simply because they're old. This theory that diet and exercise is some kind of secret life-extending voodo is a pile of horseshit.
Me, Doc, I'm being fatshamed
It's gonna be okay, tubbytits.
You can eat the feelings away, just like everything else.

Aquinas

Local Forum Celebrity
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hello my good sirs, As you can see i have my 'Victim Card' in hand and ready. If you would please direct me to the trolls and fatshaming i will gladly be on my way

OtterParty

I shall crush your skull like a clam on my tummy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just saying, if you genuinely care about people's health as much as you say you do, you shouldn't use such inflammatory language or try to guilt trip overweight people. Why? Because a lot of us already feel shitty enough as it is.

I'm overweight because I use eating as a coping mechanism for the mental illnesses I have (not going to :powerlevel: too hard here so I'll keep it general). I suffer from severe anxiety and, on occasion, depression and have been on medication for years. My neurosis, combined with the medication I take, have caused me to have a very strange relationship with food; I’ll avoid eating for a long time before binging out on junk food or food that isn’t very nutritious. And whenever my mental illnesses flare up, I have an obsessive compulsion to literally eat my feelings away so I don’t have to confront them; I don’t think I can articulate how hard it is to resist this compulsion. And the worst part is that compulsive eating is still way better than the self-destructive way I used to control my feelings. All of this has resulted in a very vicious circle, where I keep feeling worse and worse about myself, leading to more binging, leading to even lower self-esteem .

As much as dislike the HAES movement for glamorizing my predicament, I also dislike the anti-HAES side for making me feel worse about myself while ostensibly doing so for the sake of my health. And I really don't appreciate you making judgements about my moral character just because of the way I look, saying that I'm ugly, selfish, and indulgent for being overweight. This is exactly what I mean, anti-fat people are doing so much more harm than good by being so judgemental and condescending instead of actually trying to understand why people overeat and how they can deal with the underlying problems that drive them to do so.

hahahahahaha fatty fatty boom ba latty

H

HG 400

kiwifarms.net
Yeah that's completely false. The way you took care of your body in your first 50 years is definitely the single best determining factor of your quality of life when you enter your 50s onward. Sure, there's still the off-chance that you will get the big C or a stroke or get hit by a car or whatever, but those are outliers.

If you have
A) Guy who ate clean all of his life and exercised properly and regularly
B) Guy who was always overweight, drank, smoke and ate too much while doing fuck all

no fucking way that 'genetics' will mean that guy B will have better twilight years than guy A. This is retarded.

lol who the fuck wants to live past 48 anyway? As soon as banging 16-year-olds becomes unseemly I'm giving up on life.

Internet War Criminal

Making America Greater Again, One Lift at the Time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, tossing out stroke, cancer, accidental injury, alzheimers, dementia, and associated conditions, you're likely to do better overall if you're healthy.
Then again, that's a pretty massive fucking set of things to disregard.

No it's not. The vast majority of healthy people won't be suffering from these. They happen, yes, but they are really not that frequent and being healthy means that you're a lot more likely to avoid them than if you're obese and ate crap all of your life.

The point is that people, all people, get sick and die when they get old, and much of this is simply because they're old. This theory that diet and exercise is some kind of secret life-extending voodo is a pile of horseshit.

Lol there is not a single doctor who will tell you that not eating properly balanced meals and regular exercise will not extend your life or it's quality in your twilight years. It's beyond retarded to pretend that eating clean and balanced meals while exercising properly and regularly the first 50 years of your life will make it incredibly more likely you will live longer, healthier and with a much better quality of life if you didn't, bar unlucky but statistically unlikely medical events you can't control.

It's not just the last decades, by the way, it's your whole life who's gonna be better if you do that.

Being obese or overweight is terrible and the only reason anyone would protest is because they've never actually been healthy and fit to begin with.

J

JU 199

kiwifarms.net
Can it be considered a honeypot if you bait yourself?

honeypotcriteria.png

I see a distinct lack of detachment here

Internet War Criminal

Making America Greater Again, One Lift at the Time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@Internet War Criminal please tell us about how you are the victim of thin shaming by jealous fatties

It's mostly dirty looks, snide comments, here and there. It really takes its toll you know... Especially when it starts by being objectified by fat women, and then when you don't give them attention and refuse to dance with them or buy them a drink, they get all pissy and try to cockblock you with their hotter friends. It never works, but it still hurts, you know. I'm gonna go meet with friends and hit up some club soon, and I just know it's gonna happen again. It never stops.

It's a struggle, but it's my cross to bear (thankfully, I got awesome lats)

Trickie

I refer to Christine as she/her to annoy you.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's mostly dirty looks, snide comments, here and there. It really takes its toll you know... Especially when it starts by being objectified by fat women, and then when you don't give them attention and refuse to dance with them or buy them a drink, they get all pissy and try to cockblock you with their hotter friends. It never works, but it still hurts, you know. I'm gonna go meet with friends and hit up some club soon, and I just know it's gonna happen again. It never stops.

Wow that's rough. Were you ever made fun of for being fat before you started working out?

Firesharpie

no bones about it
kiwifarms.net

:story:

norrington

тунеядца, враг народа
kiwifarms.net
Especially when it starts by being objectified by fat women, and then when you don't give them attention and refuse to dance with them or buy them a drink, they get all pissy and try to cockblock you with their hotter friends.
lol the hotter friends usually ask them to run interference in the first place maybe you should git gud

Status
Not open for further replies.