If you could live in any other era, which would you pick?

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Jeff Heaney

kiwifarms.net
The 2010s has its good qualities but I don't think anybody would argue with me that on the whole it's been a fucking abortion of a decade. If you could live in any other time which would you choose?

Personally I would probably not go too far back: early 90s at the earliest, mid-2000s at the latest

SugarSnot

You will not want it after reading the tags.
kiwifarms.net
I'd just like to experience the early wildernet with an adult mind, so just far enough back that I'm a young adult when the internet is fresh and not as censored as now. I don't think I'd ever want to go so far back that there wasn't electric lighting or proper plumbing and refrigeration. That being said, I'm in awe of the marble sculptures that were made in Italy in the 1700s, so it would be pretty amazing to see the process that go into making those amazing statues.

YourMommasBackstory

Gosh, I hope I’m safe it this suit!
kiwifarms.net
1980-90s, i want to see the destruction of soviets by my own eyes. I can still see remainings of those times in everyday life and remainings of people who lived in those times in local bar but thats not a full experience.
Maybe post-revolution times,1920-30s. I love early soviet avangard, and i would love to see a rise of Kandinsky and Malevich. Also, i would be able to see original "Victory over the sun".

nonvir_1984

Well, that's all, folks
kiwifarms.net
Most other ages were pretty crappy, TBH. Filthy, ultra dangerous, superstitious, and you coyld die from an infection. Especially if you were a girl after childbirth. But, I kind of think the 1930s-1940s would be good - a white man could travel the world and see shit before it became total crap. And the clothes were comfortable. Cotton and wool - none of this shit we have to endure now.
The other time, i think might be the Golden Age of Athens. I mean, fuck - all the playwrights, the philosopgers, an Perikles. The Spartans were of course acting up now and then.....

Chichan

kiwifarms.net
If I didn't enjoy creature comforts so much I would say roaring 20's female fashion was cool. Yes I now flapper dresses do not look like they do on Halloween I am aware. They are longer, but show lots of shoulder. Also bob cuts looked a lot better then. Or the 50's just not so, much social unrest that shit is tiring.

Female fashion in the 30s and 40s [war excluded] was so alluring. Girls looked like girls and we had none of this shit now when it all seems so fucked up by one or other of the alphabet soup. But you can take it too far. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLZJ1ESWiwY
I would not be surprised if she has bit of the tism. People who have obsessions and turn things into a lifestyle give me that impression. Although I do like the gramophone I also wish we still had that transatlantic dialect it sounds so pretty to me especially if you watch Disney movies when they were animated. For example Cinderella and Snow White.

Last edited:

nonvir_1984

Well, that's all, folks
kiwifarms.net
If I didn't enjoy creature comforts so much I would say roaring 20's female fashion was cool. Yes I now flapper dresses do not look like they do on Halloween I am aware. They are longer, but show lots of shoulder. Also bob cuts looked a lot better then. Or the 50's just not so, much social unrest that shit is tiring.
Female fashion in the 30s and 40s [war excluded] was so alluring. Girls looked like girls and we had none of this shit now when it all seems so fucked up by one or other of the alphabet soup. But you can take it too far. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLZJ1ESWiwY

EvieNithercott

Low class aristocrat
kiwifarms.net
I would live in the 1920s and be a flapper. I'd use cool slang like Get your icy mitts off me, give me some Mazuma or call you a Pantywaste.. Since this is during prohibition you could find me at the underground bar smoking cigs on long sticks and drinking Merlot.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Closed for summer
kiwifarms.net
Caveman times and while they might not be lookers there has to be at least one Darryl Hannah around. With my limited knowledge of sticks and stones, hygiene and food preparation as well as basic physics/mechanics I could probably become some sort of caveman Jesus. I'm also a better painter than some of what I've seen.

edit: wait, Jesus died, I'm going to hoard bows and arrows and become caveman Mohammed.

takemetoyourgrave

i got lost in a hot topic on the way here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Send me back to the Victorian era so i can be fashionable and catch consumption to gain that waifish figure and glow