If you live in the USA you should NEVER tell a child to finish their plate -

UnKillShredDurr

Tonight I dine on pilowy mounds of mashed potatoes
True & Honest Fan
I've almost entirely cut sugary sodas from my diet. (I drink those sugar free carbonated waters that taste like nothing now and have come to actually enjoy them.)

I've lost 10 pounds in the past month alone doing that and not much else aside from some light power walking.

Cedric_Eff

Damn property taxes f**k up everything.
I remember when my school teachers here in Japan telling me to clean my plate and bowl. Had to eat every crumb of rice. Told me eat now before the next World War cometh. They don’t realize that the next one would completely wipe out the world lol.

Slappy McGherkin

Bartender? Make that a double.
True & Honest Fan
I eat half my plate and donate the other half to starving African children.

I was always expected to clean my plate and usually did. But, my mom didn't give a shit about starving Africans (just wasn't a thing yet). Her schtick was always "There are people starving in Armenia!! Think of the starving Armenians!!"

Which as a child, I had no fucking idea what she was talking about.

About the phrase "starving Armenians."

Agent Abe Caprine

Mara is a brave and stunning girldick.
I was always expected to clean my plate and usually did. But, my mom didn't give a shit about starving Africans (just wasn't a thing yet). Her schtick was always "There are people starving in Armenia!! Think of the starving Armenians!!"

Which as a child, I had no fucking idea what she was talking about.

About the phrase "starving Armenians."
My mom was more worried about the Cambodian children.

Shiversblood

True & Honest Fan
I remember when my school teachers here in Japan telling me to clean my plate and bowl. Had to eat every crumb of rice. Told me eat now before the next World War cometh. They don’t realize that the next one would completely wipe out the world lol.

Someone once told me in Asian cultures it is considered rude to finish your plate because that means the host did not give you enough food or something?

Floop

I, Scout, humbly present a toast to Miss Pauling!
WELL DON’T YA KNOW THAT OTHER KIDS ARE STARVING IN JAPAN, SO EAT IT. JUST EAT IT.

Parthenos

Why hast thou let me see this, Lucifer?
Anytime I was told to finish my plate it was because I didn't want to eat my veggies.

It's not how much is on the plate, it's what you put there.

I was also taught not to waste food in our house. Money was tight. (And Depression parents telling their boomer kids this is probably where this all began, I'm sure.)

Last edited:
The proper rule is: what you put on your plate you need to finish. If someone else portioned the food you can eat as much or little as you want.

LazloChalos

Shitty photoshopper
1. Promote overeating.
2. Smart people will prioritize health while the Dum-dums will gorge on food.
3. Cut off all healthcare relating to obesity and obesity related illnesses.
4. Make obese citizens literally second class citizens with no real rights or representation, their only benefits are junk food discounts and cake therapy.
5. Fatties will die by the hundreds, those few with potential will rehabilitate and regain their rights.
6. Butcher the fresh corpses, package the meat and send it to the third-world shithole with famine problems.
7. Establish points 1-7 on that country.

World hunger solved; Global IQ raised.