If you were 'internet famous' would you end up a lolcow? -

How would you handle your internet fame?

• My image and mentality would be fine

Votes: 49 16.3%
  • I'd end up some low tier lolcow

Votes: 144 48.0%
  • Downward spiral, High Tier lolcow

Votes: 33 11.0%
  • Dead in the first few years

Votes: 74 24.7%

• Total voters

World's Best Dad

Stop sending me hentai
kiwifarms.net
How famous? If I was like Jake Paul or some other big YouTube man, I'd probably just blow all of my money and OD on coke. Blaze of glory and all that. If I was less famous, I'd probably be sound of mind, but do some lulzy lolcowish shit to garner attention a la Sam Hyde but more tongue-in-cheek.

SugarSyrup

cruising the information superhighway
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If I was a famous youtuber (or whatever) I’d probably run out of interesting content long before I did anything lolcow-worthy, tbh.

I can’t imagine what I’d be famous for, though. I guess I could review books and talk about horror movies, or maybe have a funny cooking channel. Maybe a humor podcast, since that seems to be an endless well.

Then again, in this hypothetical I might go batshit and start picking fights with other internet famous people and ebegging and sending nudes to fans. That’s a more interesting way to answer this question, anyway.

ZooSmell

kiwifarms.net
Absolutely I would. Well documented fact that if you give an Autist with mediocre artistic talent a spotlight and a paycheck they will embarrass themselves somehow. Doubt I would be an acceptation to that lmao.

UnclePhil

Getting older in a changing, frightening world.
kiwifarms.net
Yes, but it wouldn't be so much "internet famous" but a problem with fame in general. Name recognition, I imagine, means everything one ever does in their life (great or small) eventually drifts into public knowledge. Especially in the age of the Internet, where every user leaves a lifelong online paper trail, and there is at least one forum where a bunch of troons keep tabs on who you follow and have in your circle of e-friends.

Now, that said, the key to being e-famous is to avoid creating MORE drama. So use your Twitter to promote your new video/project or whatever and post NOTHING ELSE. Run your channel and NEVER post a YouTube comment anywhere.

kadoink

kiwifarms.net
There are 5 things someone whose internet famous can do to not be a lolcow:

1: Have a sense of humor about themselves
2: Not give the audience too much info on their personal lives
3: Little to no drama. This means don't insert yourself into someone elses drama as well.
4: Don't give your opinion on every single little tiny thing like it has any merit.
5: Actually be good at what you do.

Rat Lord

Sniffsniffsniffsnifff
kiwifarms.net
If I were to have become e-famous while with my ex you probably would have seen a downward spiral going from low to mid-tier level lolcow over a course of 5 years. Was in a pretty bad abusive relationship and went a tad bit batshit for a while.

Thank god that's over. Now-a-days I'd probably just have an occasional furfag shoutout if I gained e-fame lmao

Observotron

kiwifarms.net
I really don't think I'm entertaining enough to be a lolcow, and I don't even think I'm creative enough to put on an act.

Sometimes I wish I could be half as crazy as Chris Chan so I could make some ridiculous shit for the internet.

• Feels
Reactions: The Un-Clit

Arthur Morgan

kiwifarms.net
For me it depends on when I'm becoming famous. Let's say back in 2008, I join up with Channel Awesome and become one of their reviewers. I would have been twenty and had some issues with taking criticism so I definitely would have been a lolcow, especially with how much of a hug box that was. 2004, as a teenager I make a famous webcomic, even more so. But today or maybe a couple of years ago? I think I would be fine, especially since I've seen so many horror stories I know what to look out for these days.

• Agree
Reactions: Gordon Cole

RLS0812

Just A Fox
kiwifarms.net
I do not produce content that is popular with the "target demographic" on Youtube.

If somehow I did manage be become popular and wealthy, I'd probably slowly morph into an eccentric person ... AKA low level cow.
Who else in the world i going to build a full sized crash test track specifically to run brand new expensive cars into walls at high speeds ? Heck, I may even buy land on the moon !
I would eventually let the autism consume me if I do accidentally not kill myself first.
Skip to 0:04

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino