Illinois passes law making LGBT+ history lessons in schools compulsory -

TaimuRadiu

kiwifarms.net
Familiarity breeds contempt.

They're going to take gay people whom these kids might first encounter in a benign context like a youtube video and make them as obnoxious, preachy and in-your-face as humanly possible. Kids are assholes and the last thing you want to do is give them something to rebel against.
What, like "Queer Kids Stuff"?

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
The advice I've given my children about this is just nod along and pass the classes. If they want to speak some truth, go ahead, we're gonna go and defend their arguments with Facts and Logic™.

Honestly, just teach your kids the truth and let them be prepared to understand how insane these people are. The worst that can happen is that they just accept everything while secretly knowing the truth so everything they throw at them will bounce. The best, that they establish some sort of underground black market of biology and history books. I mean, being prude about sex education never stopped kids from sharing videos and pictures... it's like these people don't understnad how the minds of the youth operate: tell them "no" and they will insist on doing the opposite.

Crazy idea here. Why don't we focus more on teaching kids science, and math, and writing, and economics, and important history, and stuff that might help kids grow to become better adults.
Because most of the people who are behind this come from the humanities. Those same people who keep saying "we need more women in STEM!" despite none of them would last one single day in a STEM class. Also, remember that science is transphobic and sexist, so fuck biology or something.

Ffs what history? If a gay person did something notable it falls under general history, not some made up discipline.
Aside from the stone wall riots and Ancient Greece what other 'gay history' exists? Unless they start to couch psycho analyse historical figures with a gay narrative?
Come on, it's like you don't know these people. They need self-validation of their sexuality because that's all they have.

Let's say Teddy Roosevelt was gay. You're teaching kids about him and you learn all the things he did about Parks conservation (I think he did so, I dunno much about US history, so be kind). A kid who is into nature can feel inspired by this and you, as a teacher, can also inspire him by saying "see? you can then be a president and make a good change for the environment!".

Yeah, fuck that. "Teddy Roosevelt was gay and so do I, so we're practically the same and because he was good, that means I'm good too, now do as I say because I'm as valuable as he was, in fact, even better because I'm also black and a woman! And fat!".

The advice I've given my children about this is just nod along and pass the classes. If they want to speak some truth, go ahead, we're gonna go and defend their arguments with Facts and Logic™.

Honestly, just teach your kids the truth and let them be prepared to understand how insane these people are. The worst that can happen is that they just accept everything while secretly knowing the truth so everything they throw at them will bounce. The best, that they establish some sort of underground black market of biology and history books. I mean, being prude about sex education never stopped kids from sharing videos and pictures... it's like these people don't understnad how the minds of the youth operate: tell them "no" and they will insist on doing the opposite.
Yeah, this is great advice. This is fairly similar to the treatment I got as a kid in regards to politics in school. My father didn't talk much about it until I brought it up. (Something like Bill Clinton sure is great!). Then my dad told me that there are more than one side, and people can be biased, bla bla. Basically just continued the ongoing lesson, everyone's an idiot so form your own opinion.

It was a valuable lesson for sure, and one kids need to know.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

CheezzyMach

Superior Tentacle Rapist
kiwifarms.net
I have no problem teaching kids about gay people in history but I have a bad feeling about the "transgender" stuff.

This is also the person most responsible for removing any restriction on who, when, or how people get cross-sex hormones, as well as bans on any therapy which might help a person get over their gender disphoria. Troonimus Prime.

Guess how much pharma stock their family owns.
So we have this asshole to thank for the Troon fad?

And of fucking course they are tied to Big Pharma.

KingCoelacanth

kiwifarms.net
If you're worried about this, I wouldn't be. I recall the anti-drug programs where everyone in school learned about the evils of marijuana, cigarettes, and alcohol. I recall once when I was but a wee lad after one of such lectures, one of my friends turned to me and said, "I've never had one, but god do I want a smoke right now." If the programs telling us to abstain from such things ever had any effect, it was only to make us want to engage in those behaviors even more.
When I went to school, from about the 4th grade on we were constantly learning about the civil rights movement. I think we spent more time learning about it in history class than any other subject. Also in English, we'd spend more time reading books about the civil rights movement and writing essays about it than actually learning proper grammar or reading classical literature.
I assume the way they'll handle LGBT classes will be much the same. Changing the entire curriculum of various subjects to revolve around it.

Edit: I recall that most of the time, the class wasn't called history. Instead it was called "social studies"

Corypheus

Totally not evil
kiwifarms.net
They're just assmad that Pride Month happens when schools are out for the summer.

>The piece of legislation requires all schools in the state include “the role and contributions of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people in the history of this country and this state”

How many queer people are influential in the state of Illinois, anyway?
How much of anything has Illinois done for US history in general? Gangsters? Obama, if that even counts? At least Alabama builds fucking rockets.

Miles Peterson

kiwifarms.net
So what I'm getting from this is that we can still teach Washington, Jefferson, and Lincoln, as long as we make sure to mention that Washington was a furry, Jefferson was trans, and Lincoln was an inflation fetishist.
I think you, and by extension the rest of the "they're teaching our kids about teh gayz, oh noes" are somewhat overestimating how invested the average burned out teacher in a shithole chicago school is in teaching this. It's going to be less "and now I'm going to teach you why everyone you've ever heard of is trans and you should also be trans" and more "when you turn in your easy on the stonewall riots or whatever, please try and slightly disguise the fact that it's just the wikipedia article on the riots".

I wanted the Clown World theme to be more overt, and you can hardly get more famous a clown than this
Didn't Gacy more or less singlehandly kickstart the whole "scary evil clown" thing, or was that something else.

YourUnclesDad

https://www.reddit.com/r/NeovaginaDisasters/
kiwifarms.net
Just what the kids need as they become more exceptional, obese, and worthless as they grow up with phones instead of parents. All is lost.

• Feels
Reactions: JambledUpWords

Syaoran Li

Totally Radical Dude
kiwifarms.net
Name a gay person that has actually shaped the history of this country.
Triple points if you find a troon that has.
Walt Whitman, Roy Cohn, Tennessee Williams, Truman Capote, Gore Vidal, and possibly James Buchanan. And that is just American history.

If we include Europe, then there's Alan Turing, Frederick II, Baron Von Steuben, Rob Halford, Oscar Wilde, Alexander the Great, and Sappho of Lesbos.

Although you're still right about the troons, unless you count cross-dressers to include J. Edgar Hoover and the dude who kicked off Stonewall.

The only historically significant person in history that was most likely a true and honest tranny is Elagabalus, who was considered one of the worst Roman Emperors and helped play a role in the Empire's decline in the Third and Fourth Centuries.

There may have been other figures in history who were affected by gender dysphoria, but they would have been in the closet about it.

If I were to have LGBT studies on the curriculum, it would be as a high school elective and would talk about both the major figures in history who were LGBT (Walt Whitman, Alan Turing, etc.) and the history of the civil rights struggle for the LGBT community in the latter half of the 20th Century.

But I would also talk about the dark side of the LGBT community's history as well, and how these people are historically relevant but not indicative of the LGBT community as a whole (but played a part in the history of its perception)

Examples would include Caligula, Elagabalus, the Marquis De Sade, John Wayne Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Valerie Solanas, and NAMBLA. These people were all horrible human beings, but their crimes did shape the perception of the LGBT community and how harmful that was.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino