I'm a Cryptojew AMA - watch me trade (sometimes poorly)

CrunkLord420

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Monero. Most decentralized (botnets are more decentralized than Chinese ASIC miners) and most anonymous (mandatory RingCT, no wallet logs by default for plausible deniability).

Even Bitcoin Maximalists tend to accept the legitimacy of Monero, which is extremely rare amongst altcoins.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
Monero. Most decentralized (botnets are more decentralized than Chinese ASIC miners) and most anonymous (mandatory RingCT, no wallet logs by default for plausible deniability).

Even Bitcoin Maximalists tend to accept the legitimacy of Monero, which is extremely rare amongst altcoins.
I've heard good things about Zerocash, though Monero is a very sturdy coin and I see it having staying power. I'm holding 22 right now.

I'm preparing a second launch of the XMR miner. I've got a new domain setup for it to contain the effects of malware kikery.
https://shekel.link

CrunkLord420

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've heard good things about Zerocash, though Monero is a very sturdy coin and I see it having staying power. I'm holding 22 right now.

I'm preparing a second launch of the XMR miner. I've got a new domain setup for it to contain the effects of malware kikery.
https://shekel.link
I haven't really heard of Zerocash until I realized it's the zkSNARKS basis of Zcash which I personally rush mined on launch. Everyone seems to like the concept of zkSNARKS, even Fluffypony (face of Monero).

Unfortunately with Zcash the zkSNARKS anonymity feature is optional, and last I heard the people who used it was a few percentage points. I believe any chain that makes the anonymity feature optional ultimate undermines the anonymity of those who choose to use it, especially at low use rates.

Zcash also has their stupid developer fee, which an antithetic to PoW mining in my opinion, which is the reason Zcash Classic exists. Zcash also required something called a "Trusted Setup" which is concerning, since plausibly they can figure out your transactions if the US-based Zcash Corporation (fucking what?) gets asked nicely by the government or something.

Recent "Trusted Setup" rumblings, I didn't know there was this ongoing thing: https://www.reddit.com/r/zec/comments/76oxo1/peter_todd_has_serious_reservations_about_the/

That said, I mine ZEC 24/7 on my NVIDIA GPUs since it's one of the few coins that AMD cards are actually worse at mining. I just throw ZEC onto the exchanges whenever I get paid out, usually at the higher end of whatever range it's currently at.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Kiwi Jeff

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So at my job there's a wireless hotspot from my ISP so I can use it free.

At the moment I have an old laptop connected to the wireless that I use to keep a bunch of synchtubes going.

What sort of income in cybermonies could I expect from that?

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
Pennies. Mining is more about hardware and less about bandwidth, though there may be some big coins getting noticed that profit from sharing bandwidth instead of using hardware to mine.

https://www.flixxo.io

Flixxo is torrenting but with a crypto entrance fee. It makes torrenting more secure, but adds some fee for bandwidth, and rewards you for seeding, increasing the health of the network.

CrunkLord420

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Do you keep kosher?
Absolutely not

Are you a fan of ovens?
I live in a no-oven household and use magnetic induction to cook.

At the moment I have an old laptop connected to the wireless that I use to keep a bunch of synchtubes going.

Not a lot, use a hashrate/algo calculator to get a better idea.

What would be a good starter coin to invest in?
You should own some amount of BTC at minimum. Once you have BTC you can consider looking at altcoins. Cryptocurrency isn't investing, it's speculating.

CrunkLord420

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is it even possible to make a living off of this? Or is it just a way to extra dough along with a regular job.
Mining? It depends on your electricity costs, and your ability to scale. Speculative mining is gambling, but you can win big. Day trading is definitely a job, and most people fail and lose more money than they would have got if they just bought BTC and held it without touching it.

Can I buy people with cryptocurrency

and IF SO where links?
Yes, no.

Reactions: Traditional Tet
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino