I’m a Transgender Woman Because of Video Games - I'm just as surprised that CatParty hasn't posted this either.

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

knightlautrec

Keh heh heh heh…
kiwifarms.net
I'm convinced this is the actual reason why "I need a female character" is such a big deal. I cannot imagine your average female having such a big issue with playing a dude.

Demanding development time be dedicated to duplicating assets and gimping the story/dialogue is dumb.

Pretty much right. We don't care. I like staring at handsome dudes, so sue me. Half the fun of Uncharted is Nathan Drake being bangable.

But this shit doesn't surprise me. A ton of game journalist trannies always cite playing a girl in WoW how they realised they were a woman secretly. Because a digital avatar is the full authentic woman experience, yep.

⋖ cørdion ⋗

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
I'm convinced this is the actual reason why "I need a female character" is such a big deal. I cannot imagine your average female having such a big issue with playing a dude.

Demanding development time be dedicated to duplicating assets and gimping the story/dialogue is dumb.
Same reason trannies call themselves MsRoxanne online and not FlyingToast.

ColorfulCassowary

Tickadeedee
kiwifarms.net
The first half of the article is basically "gender dysphoria happens and I use vidya to cope". It's not even about gender dysphoria specifically, it could be about anything. "I'm depressed, so I play video games to cope." You get the exact same result.

The latter half of the article actually delivers and talks about how the games and trans stuff are related to each other. The article should've been cut in half. Either this bitch needs to learn to trim the fat, or she's being paid by the word.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
I really wish they'd stop with this "I have a female brain" shit. Early research indicates that SOME trans people have brains that are masculinized or feminized in SOME parts COMPARED to the baseline sex. There is no research that shows that ALL trans people have brains that are morphologically identical in proportions to the opposite sex in absolute terms(as much as such a thing is even possible or meaningful). They're just more feminine/masculine than normal. Still very far off from the baseline from the opposite sex. This shows in research on cognitive abilities that tend to be sexually dimorphic too, including stuff like the ability to rotate 3 dimensional objects in your head. Trans people all test like you'd expect members of their natal sex too. And late onset, non-homosexual trans so far don't show anything different consistently in the sexually dimorphic regions of their brains.

It's very disingenuous and unscientific.

I like playing as women in video games sometimes.. brb gonna go cut my dick off
I play both sexes but probably women more often than men, just because they're often more aesthetically pleasing. Anyone that this triggers an identity crisis in had a weak sense of self in the first place.

The latter half of the article actually delivers and talks about how the games and trans stuff are related to each other. The article should've been cut in half. Either this bitch needs to learn to trim the fat, or she's being paid by the word.
Judging from the pics he needs to trim the fat anyway.

That Chris Guy

Deadnaming and shaming men in dresses for 20 years
kiwifarms.net
Which one?

Probably the part that playing a woman is more aesthetically pleasing. I've never really understood it either; the only times I've played as a female are when you don't have a choice at all. (Never mind, I mained Samus in Smash. Please disregard).

I guess it's the same thing where players are given the option of playing creatures and races of all varieties in RPGs, and yet the human-like races tend to have the highest populations.

Last edited:

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
This is what happens when you let women into science.
But...transwomen aren't women.

Probably the part that playing a woman is more aesthetically pleasing. I've never really understood it either; the only times I've played as a female are when you don't have a choice at all.
Well it's not really an idea. It's an opinion. Totally subjective. Personally I don't understand why people always love those ridiculously huge swords in Dark Souls, but lots of people do and I imagine it's more for the look than the stats or moveset. I think women in armor look cool, so I tend to play them in those kinds of games.

lil bitch

Ray-Traced Faggotry
kiwifarms.net
powerlevel, but: this reminds me of some dude i used to be friends with online that told me they knew they were trans after they read that vivian from paper mario had different pronouns in different versions of the game (i guess some people took that as "she's trans"), so they were like, "oh, that's possible! i wanna do that too! i wanna be trans!" all at a young age, they said that. last time i checked, they're still using female pronouns.

so, yeah, i'm no stranger to this type of autism and i find it ridiculous, looking back at it. i doubt pixels are a good way of learning that type of stuff about yourself, especially if it's false and it's nothing but a facade you tricked yourself into believing without any prior knowledge.

i can only assume this is the reason why a multitude of other "trans" people are "trans".