Im scared (major cry warning) 05/03/20 -

Wooden Spoon

Ooh don't double charge me for that
kiwifarms.net
If she is diagnosed with IIH, I would genuinely want to feel sorry for her if she wasn't such a shit person. The biology of what happens is a little interesting, and how it would shape Amber's world is highly amusing. A little medical sperging ahead.

Her vision would be permanently fucked, absolutely nothing can be done to fix the damage the disease causes. It damages the retina, and for imagery purposes, imagine a satellite dish. They are supposed to be smooth and rounded, for better reception. Now when the optic nerve behind the eye experiences a stroke, the Retina literally crinkles and curls. Light entering through the eye isn't able to refract properly, greatly obscuring your vision. The lasting visual effects are horrifying; my sister described it as little black dots constantly obscuring her vision...like black pepper flakes. Certain medications can no longer be taken, such as birth control. Driving is no longer something one can do, and if you cry or trigger something to bother the eyes...the pain. The horrendous pain.

Certain aspects of that might not impact Hambo...but...imagine taking her eyes away. Her ability to move around is already pretty much gone, and I can't wait for Covid to become her "why i am bedbound...." video. If you took away her coloreeen and her readeeen and all the other complications, Amber would be in for a train wreck of time.

Not to mention...one of the only ways they can diagnosis an individual with IIH is by ruling out other mimicking diseases...like meningitis. How do you test for that? A spinal tap. And those are excruciating. And she isn't too fat to have one of those surprisingly.

Wonky Eye

set me on fahr
kiwifarms.net
Certain aspects of that might not impact Hambo...but...imagine taking her eyes away. Her ability to move around is already pretty much gone, and I can't wait for Covid to become her "why i am bedbound...." video. If you took away her coloreeen and her readeeen and all the other complications, Amber would be in for a train wreck of time.
Would also be the end of her sexual life, since the eyefuck would stop and Becks is... human

Turd Fergusson

kiwifarms.net
A little PL; my field of expertise. The reason she can’t get a CT is that the table maximum weight is 450lbs. For head CTs, the table has to move even if she does not need to have her body in the gantry. For MRI, the it is more complicated since her body would need to the gantry, even if partially. In conclusion, she is too heavy by 50 pounds for the table and she is too large for the gantry. She is screwed.

Last edited:

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If she is diagnosed with IIH, I would genuinely want to feel sorry for her if she wasn't such a shit person. The biology of what happens is a little interesting, and how it would shape Amber's world is highly amusing. A little medical sperging ahead.

Her vision would be permanently fucked, absolutely nothing can be done to fix the damage the disease causes. It damages the retina, and for imagery purposes, imagine a satellite dish. They are supposed to be smooth and rounded, for better reception. Now when the optic nerve behind the eye experiences a stroke, the Retina literally crinkles and curls. Light entering through the eye isn't able to refract properly, greatly obscuring your vision. The lasting visual effects are horrifying; my sister described it as little black dots constantly obscuring her vision...like black pepper flakes. Certain medications can no longer be taken, such as birth control. Driving is no longer something one can do, and if you cry or trigger something to bother the eyes...the pain. The horrendous pain.

Not to mention...one of the only ways they can diagnosis an individual with IIH is by ruling out other mimicking diseases...like meningitis. How do you test for that? A spinal tap. And those are excruciating. And she isn't too fat to have one of those surprisingly.
I doubt she has a tumor, its far more likely her blood vessels are so full of crap now and being pressured in so many odd places that she has plain old fashioned hypertension. But as she says, she is too fat for the testing procedures to determine these sorts of things. She's also lucky she's poor enough for Medicaid as any other health insurer would take one look at her and ask if she would not be better served by a life insurance policy instead of a health insurance policy. They would probably give her a better rate on betting she lives to her 40s.

Pudgy Bear Claws

turdswallop
kiwifarms.net
She's undoubtedly fucked up her body but I don't think she's got some awful disease. She's a damn baby who exaggerates everything and other than her everlasting UTI, has never really experienced health problems. When she gets a twinge, she thinks she has cancer or something. She farts around with her medication, starting and stopping it without consulting "the girl" and she has terrible sleep habits.

I only play a doctor on the Farms but it sounds like her medication isn't right, she's having side effects exacerbated by her shitty lifestyle and her tendency to be a hysterical hypochondriac. Maybe - maybe - she has a sinus infection. But yet again, she's doctor shopping because the first one she saw didn't give her the answer she wanted. It goes without saying that she needs to stop that and actually establish a relationship with one primary care physician.

And Albert, go cry to someone else.

Keyboard Warrior

kiwifarms.net
But yet again, she's doctor shopping because the first one she saw didn't give her the answer she wanted. It goes without saying that she needs to stop that and actually establish a relationship with one primary care physician.
That's not why she doctor shops. She has a known history of skipping on the bill, which is why she doesn't have an established history with any PCP. When she lectures us with stuff like, "if you're not getting answers after a second opinion, get a third opinion, get a fourth opinion...etc" that's not her practicing an abundance of caution either. That's an indication that she's had to expand her radius further to places that haven't seen her as a patient and might be unaware that she's a frequent flier.

I'm not sure if patient history is shared across state-lines, but increasingly, with her decline and desperation, I could see her making the trek to an ER somewhere in bumfuck Tennessee. She doesn't have the money to pay for any big procedure out of pocket right now, no matter how much she's bragged about it in the past. There will be a bankruptcy in her future, if she lives long enough.

All these people nagging her to get health insurance year after year, and she still doesn't have it. What a rebel, right? She really showed us!

friday888

kiwifarms.net
If she uploads weigh ins somewhat frequently again like she wants, it's going to trigger weight gain. The fluctuations get in side her head and she binges as a consequence. It's happened every single time she went down that frequent weigh in road. It won't change because she hasn't done the therapy.

The physical symptoms do sound a lot like being non compliant with psych meds (sometimes even not taking them around the same time every day can have its impact) but I wonder if not wearing glasses for the past 3ish years has anything to do with it either. Iirc she is meant to wear them all the time but never replaced them after they broke.

Tags
None