Image Index/Catalogue for Threads -

William Tell Underpass

#ApplesForHobos
kiwifarms.net
I like making the occasional edit or compilation video and while we do have a fantastic treasure trove of images, scrolling through threads at 25 posts a page to find that exact image, often behind a spoiler tag can be a nightmare, even with Google Images to help.

I'd love to see some type easy to browse image index/catalogue for threads and I think that the furfags at e621 has the right idea, down to the NSFW/spoiler tagging.

Obviously it has the issues of making context more difficult and potentially damaging the story element of thread reading.

But I think it could compliment the highlighted post system pretty well by making it easier to find landmark points in threads without having to pick a random page in a 4000 page thread and slog through from there.

Liber Pater

Riot:@liberpater:matrix.org
kiwifarms.net
I am not familiar with how image indexing works on e621, but this sounds like a good idea overall.

Bob Barker

"Either that or the simp Bob Barker. The simp!"
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was just about to make a thread asking if we could have some sort of thread search function that just returned posts with media (images/videos). And an option to specify content made BEFORE a specific date, not just after.

I think it would really help the usability of large threads. If you could type in a date range and get all posts with images/videos in a thread it would make finding old content so much easier. Some threads have like 2k pages, and trying to find memes or images referencing old drama is next to impossible unless you want to sort through 50+ pages.

I was looking for specific images in the ralph thread yesterday and despite knowing the day they were posted and who posted them it was still difficult to find. Imagine if I forgot who posted it or didn't know the exact date it was posted.

Bender

Merry X-Mas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Obviously it has the issues of making context more difficult and potentially damaging the story element of thread reading.

Maybe clicking on the image in the catalogue can take you to the post containing said image so you can see at least some of the context.

Tags
None