IMPERATOR ROME SHOWCASE BY EnterElysium -"WORST THING IVE SEEN THIS YEAR" -

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
Every game of stellaris is basically the same. Theirs no real room for making your own story or experience. It's somehow vast while also being hollow. I might just be annoyed from buying all the DLC like a buffon, though.
There isn't in any Paradox game but CK2 really though, is there?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Degenerated

XanJoy

DårkSydeJøy
kiwifarms.net
EU Rome is 11 years old. It is actually a really fun game if you can get past the dated bullshit. There's a lot of unique mechanics, specifically for Rome, Carthage, and the Hellenic factions that are never reused in any later Paradox games. For instance, Rome has a really, REALLY detailed Senate mechanic where you have to balance the factions against one another, and then you have to balance the Senate factions with army generals, because if a Senate faction doesn't have equal representation among military leadership, they will revolt. Units also aren't interchangeable, because over time units will develop loyalty to their specific general instead of Rome, and will revolt if you remove their general from command or try to move them to a new army.

Like I said, a lot of really really interesting and detailed mechanics that have just never been used since.
which is why im pretty exited for this new entry. most of the mechanics from eu rome are making a comeback we'll see on release.

Techpriest

Praise the Machine Spirits
kiwifarms.net
Yeah. It's looking like they really pushed the envelope on this one in terms of how they handled the Diadochi, and I'm intrigued what Paradox is going to add. Likely extra stuff for the 'barbarians' of various areas later on down the line, maybe some china interaction, maybe a timeline extension towards the Third Century crisis, hell, maybe more of East Africa on the map.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
Stellaris is pretty good now but I only started playing it like a year and a half after release. I take it it was completely shit before the DLC?
The DLC isnt that important, they reworked the game 2 times till it was good.

This game will probably filled to the brim with DLC
There will be DLC every 6 months or so. but i dont see a problem with that, keeps the game fresh and they patch stuff all the time.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
The DLC isnt that important, they reworked the game 2 times till it was good.

There will be DLC every 6 months or so. but i dont see a problem with that, keeps the game fresh and they patch stuff all the time.
It's only a problem when it's stuff that should have been in the game in the first place and everything ends up balanced around being present, like CK2's retinues.

• Agree
Reactions: millais

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
So i preordered it to get the bonus, ask me a week after release about how the game is.
I have plenty of hours in other Paradox games so i should have a pretty good feeling for the game after a week.
(also im not a games journalist, so i dont totaly suck at gaming).

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino