In search of: The perfect, unproblematic cottagecore game -

Dom Cruise

I'll fucking Mega your ass, bitch!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I fail to see how colonialism wasn't a net positive for mankind, yes there was a price to pay, but it brought the world into the modern age of medicine, cars, airplanes, rockets to the Moon, computers, television, video games, internet and so on, do these assholes just wish we had never left the caves?

It speaks to just how fucking stupid people have become that we have assholes whining about colonialism on technology brought to them by colonialism.

But let's say Europeans just stayed in Europe and somehow still developed all that stuff, then we'd be hearing people whining about the white man keeping all that good stuff to himself and not spreading it around the world.

Wonderful Id

kiwifarms.net
I fail to see how colonialism wasn't a net positive for mankind, yes there was a price to pay, but it brought the world into the modern age of medicine, cars, airplanes, rockets to the Moon, computers, television, video games, internet and so on, do these assholes just wish we had never left the caves?

It speaks to just how fucking stupid people have become that we have assholes whining about colonialism on technology brought to them by colonialism.

But let's say Europeans just stayed in Europe and somehow still developed all that stuff, then we'd be hearing people whining about the white man keeping all that good stuff to himself and not spreading it around the world.
One of the dumbest things I've ever heard is people actually using "colonizer" as an insult towards the white man.

paint huffing shaman

kiwifarms.net

medicine raycist yo,niggas lived for centurys befor sa whitem an sleved em,

Cardenio

Earthrocker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wait so just having a house and basic infrastructure is a showing of Colonialism? This seems pretty racist because "white people" (whatever that means nowadays) didn't invent society. If I didn't know clickbait could be so retarded I'd think this was an elaborate shitpost based on the "Return to Monke" meme.
40d.jpg

Agent Abe Caprine

Goat rights are human rights
kiwifarms.net
Sounds like they want to start with nothing. Has the author tried Cataclysm out? There's mods to take out the sci-fi, zombies, alien monster things, and other less realistic elements. Use the Wilderness scenario and choose a profession that starts with nothing or close to it.

Drop the mods into the mod folder and create a world. Enjoy your makeshift farming game.

Rimworld is another good one to do this with if dropping easy to edit mods and tilesets into folders is somehow too much effort. The scenario maker in that game is amazing. Don't want hats in the game? You can exclude all the hats. Don't want guinea pigs? You're a monster, but free to do that.

There's also Unreal World. Not sure if early hunter gatherer civilizations count as cottagecore.

IceGray

"Dude, where's the bus?"
kiwifarms.net
Haven and Hearth would be another candidate aside from the fact the loudest part of the playerbase is literally the Gamergate stereotype given flesh. I'm not talking out of my ass either.

Take a gander at their forums or key in the search phrase "nigger" some time.

Grumpy

A fine bunch of water lilies you turned out to be
kiwifarms.net
I've never heard of "cottagecore" but I loved the Rune Factory series. My favorite is Frontier, and interestingly it features the controversial Runey game mechanic, which is very close to the author's lunacy about "colonizing" the forest spirits. I enslave those runeys and harvest them to my benefit and I and the runeys are better for it. I get to control the weather (and other benefits) and the runeys don't fucking die out due to the bad game mechanics involved in their food chain. Colonialism really is a system where everyone wins! Some people just win more than others.