Info On Chris’ Case Posted By Greene County Circuit Court - Posted 7/29/22. First hearing is scheduled for 8/8 at 9:30 AM

• We've gotten t.me/kiwifarms set up for downtime announcements since Twitter doesn't allow us to have one.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASeabear8952

kiwifarms.net
85E2DEFA-E54A-45AF-9762-706045DA72BA.png

The charge. Interestingly, Chris’ sex is listed as male.
F9F93F1F-F86C-47D7-8885-1AC1190C37AF.png

Detail page.

Last edited:

Bloitzhole

Well, my boat's got a rusty anchor...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Virginia Code § 18.2-10. Punishment for conviction of felony; penalty said:
For Class 5 felonies, a term of imprisonment of not less than one year nor more than 10 years, or in the discretion of the jury or the court trying the case without a jury, confinement in jail for not more than 12 months and a fine of not more than $2,500, either or both.
Could still walk out with time served soon-ish I guess.

Elbow Greased Strength

Here, have some oranges.
kiwifarms.net
>Request FOR APPOINTMENT OF A LAWYER
>Letter FROM DAVID HEILBERG
Looks like someone abandoned ship...
It's actually in chronological order starting from the top (but all the dates are 7/29 because that's when the case was loaded into the system).

So what happened is Chris was arrested, they reviewed his case for bail and decided to hold him, then he filed an affidavit of indigency (FINANCIAL STATEMENT) and Heilberg took the case as public defender. That first letter was probably him notifying the court that he would be representing the defendant as Chris' counsel.

Then it looks like Chris went through some normal pretrial conferences to reach a plea deal but he was clearly incompetent to aid in his defense so they had him evaluated/treated at Western State. He was evaluated twice by two different organizations prior to admission and at discharge. After discharge he went back to jail and that's where we are now.

That second letter from Heilberg might just be a bill for his costs incurred to date.

Elbow Greased Strength

Here, have some oranges.
kiwifarms.net
does anyone know what the state of virginia is paying him to defend chris? how much has he made from dealing with chris for over a year? (whatever the amount it is not enough)

If I'm reading p. 36 correctly it's not a lot at all. Only $445 maximum in fees for a felony resolved in district court with a billing rate of $90/hr.

However these sound like fees for cut-and-dry cases where it's in and out and they make more on volume, not something like Chris' case where it's been drawn out and involved multiple additional steps. Heilberg might be able to get more reimbursement if there's a lot of work involved on his part but I think he's doing this mostly pro bono.

Kramer on the phone

Amber Heard did nothing wrong
kiwifarms.net
Could still walk out with time served soon-ish I guess.
his criminal record is basically nothing, a two mis that only resulted in community service and psy evals, even if the judge threw the book at him he'd be out by now on the original charges, it would be legitimately hard to argue for him to have over a year in on whatever they throw at him.
I think Pointless Sperg said in the other thread that there isn't so they put the closest thing they had.
i would think any lawyer willing to give a shit could get him off or with a plea with such a charge just by cheesing the jury with "its not a child its a grown woman, you can't trust the court free this man!" i mean casey anthony got off because the lawyer went all in on "never say never, stranger things have happened, its florida crazy stuff always happens" also pretty odd that straight up rape isn't a big enough charge.

If I'm reading p. 36 correctly it's not a lot at all. Only $445 maximum in fees for a felony resolved in district court with a billing rate of $90/hr.

However these sound like fees for cut-and-dry cases where it's in and out and they make more on volume, not something like Chris' case where it's been drawn out and involved multiple additional steps. Heilberg might be able to get more reimbursement if there's a lot of work involved on his part but I think he's doing this mostly pro bono.
in fact because its a mis, he probably got paid even less. technically he's like a court appointed lawyer for the equivalent of a drunk driving charge, so if he would get $445 when it mattered i bet he got fucking nothing for this. like you said, his entire job is to trick the poor into taking plea deals. plea deals make up 90%+ of resolutions in court cases, and if you don't take it the court throws the book at you because of it.

Neil

THE CLEANSE HAS BEGUN
kiwifarms.net
>Request FOR APPOINTMENT OF A LAWYER
>Letter FROM DAVID HEILBERG
Looks like someone abandoned ship...
LOL after a year (of contractual obligation) Heilberg realized how well and truly fucked this case was and got the fuck out. I pity anyone tasked with building a coherent defense for Chris now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.