'Injustice: Zero Year' Reminds Readers What the Joker Really Thinks of Nazis - Read the 1997 Captain America and Batman crossover for more of the Joker's take.

Getting tard comed

kiwifarms.net
I'm sure all the victims of the Joker are absolutely thrilled by this news.

Hey Jason Todd, did you know the Joker doesn't like Nazis? Oh you can hear me over the crowbar beating and explosion....

Hey Barbara Gordon, did you know the Joker doesn't like Nazis? Oh, you can hear me over as you're being raped and paralyzed....
Did Barbara actually get raped? After reading The Killing Joke she got shot but maybe I'm missing something or not remembering it correctly but why is her rape such a prevalent thing when it isn't shown in that comic? Am I missing the implications in the book?

And yay, a murdering psychopath doesn't like members of a defunct german political party of the 1930's and 40's. Whoop de doo.

Cardenio

Calarts Graduate
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Did Barbara actually get raped? After reading The Killing Joke she got shot but maybe I'm missing something or not remembering it correctly but why is her rape such a prevalent thing when it isn't shown in that comic? Am I missing the implications in the book?

And yay, a murdering psychopath doesn't like members of a defunct german political party of the 1930's and 40's. Whoop de doo.
DC Comics would never allow a popular character that they heavily merchandise to officially be a rapist. But the visual implication of the Joker's Barbara photos clearly shows some raping took place.
4459949-batman---the-killing-joke-371975.jpg

I mean otherwise you're arguing that the Joker instead merely took off Barb's clothing and then took photos. Which is still innately creepy and would put him in a sex offender registry. Whatever you think the canonical Joker is a sick puppy.

Jimjamflimflam

kiwifarms.net

Its been ages since I've read it that I barely remember it. Just the big stink about it when the twittrati got all fussed up over the alt cover for batgirl (I think) that referenced the story.

I think their supporting evidence was that she was stripped in a photo or something.

Edit: beaten like jason Todd, and explained better by @Cardenio

Last edited:

Doctor Placebo

Somebody asked for brains?
kiwifarms.net
Out of everyone I'd want to spout my ideology, a murderous lunatic is probably the last one I'd want. That's just my opinion tho 🙃
DC Comics would never allow a popular character that they heavily merchandise to officially be a rapist. But the visual implication of the Joker's Barbara photos clearly shows some raping took place.
View attachment 1537288
I mean otherwise you're arguing that the Joker instead merely took off Barb's clothing and then took photos. Which is still innately creepy and would put him in a sex offender registry. Whatever you think the canonical Joker is a sick puppy.
"This child murdering, torturing, possible rapist isn't racist, which makes him better than someone who used a no-no word in a heated gamer moment " isn't the winning moral argument a disturbing number of people think it is.

Getting tard comed

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1537288
Maybe I was too innocent when I read it but those never came across as rape to me. She just got shot and is paralyzed which would explain the pain in her face. Although it's a good cover for ambiguity to imply she was raped as well. Idk, the joker shot her then had his henchmen rape her if he didn't? Maybe. It's an odd thing to read into the comic if it isn't supposed to be there, did the author say anything about it? The Joker stripping her naked and taking pictures of her in order to break her Dad seems more than plausible to me w/o the need of raping her. In that picture Jim is stripped down, wearing a dog collar and S&M gear. He wasn't raped so idk. As I said it's an odd thing to read into it when it isn't necessary for the point of the story. I could definitely be wrong here.

Either way the article is retarded. Somehow being a murder is worse than being racist. Shocking I know.

The Shadow

Edgy two gun mystery man
kiwifarms.net
Some musings on this:

First, Injustice isn't main continuity (which can be pretty pozzed in its own right, but for what it's worth). It's essentially an Elseworlds story.

In Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns one of the Joker's hench...people is a nazi bodybuilder lady with swastikas tattooed on her tits and ass that might be a troon. Who it's also implied The Joker maybe fucks. (We're dipping so deep into clown world that I've referenced that work a lot lately).

I mean he's a white, mass murdering clown that frequently employs gas and wears fancy (perhaps Hugo Boss) suits...

Harley Quinn is Jewish in main continuity (which the HQ movie forgot and somehow a Long Island accented woman that occasionally drops Borscht belt jokes is Catholic now.). If this is pre-Injustice: Gods Among Us they're still presumably together.

I am extremely amused at the idea that Joker is performatively far left and secretly terrified of being canceled by Black Manta and Killer Croc at the Legion of Doom or something.

I thought that it was implied (especially as he was using the images to try and break James Gordon- even if he didn't he certainly would have wanted Gordon to think he did in order to stress him further). I think they've officially walked it back and said "no", but it's The Joker, and The Joker as written by Alan Moore, who puts rape in his stories about as often as Stephen King makes his protagonists from Maine. He's killed hundreds of people, he certainly doesn't have a moral qualm with it. If he didn't I'd presume it was because the chemical bath rendered him impotent.

Also I have to concede that if he did it to Barbara he probably did it to my boy Jason Todd, too. It would contextualize Red Hood's use of lethal force, for sure.

Last edited:

Cardenio

Calarts Graduate
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe I was too innocent when I read it but those never came across as rape to me. She just got shot and is paralyzed which would explain the pain in her face. Although it's a good cover for ambiguity to imply she was raped as well. Idk, the joker shot her then had his henchmen rape her if he didn't? Maybe. It's an odd thing to read into the comic if it isn't supposed to be there, did the author say anything about it? The Joker stripping her naked and taking pictures of her in order to break her Dad seems more than plausible to me w/o the need of raping her. In that picture Jim is stripped down, wearing a dog collar and S&M gear. He wasn't raped so idk. As I said it's an odd thing to read into it when it isn't necessary for the point of the story. I could definitely be wrong here.

Either way the article is retarded. Somehow being a murder is worse than being racist. Shocking I know.
I'd say one of the the things that makes Comic Books an interesting medium is that what's shown in the panels is up to reader interpretation. The writer of the "The Killing Joke" is Alan Moore who personally dislikes it and thinks it doesn't have much to say. Personally I think it's one of the most important pieces in Batman mythology as the message is that Batman and The Joker were both left fundamentally broken after their respective "One Bad Day", hence they both laugh like mad men at The Joker's joke. The difference is one has made it his life's purpose to stop others from sharing his trauma, whereas The Joker wants everyone to feel his suffering. Also it made what is The Joker's primary origin story of falling in the vat of chemicals, Tim Burton lifted that wholesale for Batman 89.

But anyway official canon is that Barbara didn't get raped, because again DC is not going to want to sell rapist merchandise. With all that said with the pictures showing Barb's naked buttocks followed by her crying in pain sexual assault had taken place. Gordon is clearly horrified left believing she had been raped. Whatever it is anyone who feels the need to use The Joker as a moral guardian against Nazism is a goddamn moron.

The Shadow

Edgy two gun mystery man
kiwifarms.net
I'd say one of the the things that makes Comic Books an interesting medium is that what's shown in the panels is up to reader interpretation. The writer of the "The Killing Joke" is Alan Moore who personally dislikes it and thinks it doesn't have much to say. Personally I think it's one of the most important pieces in Batman mythology as the message is that Batman and The Joker were both left fundamentally broken after their respective "One Bad Day", hence they both laugh like mad men at The Joker's joke. The difference is one has made it his life's purpose to stop others from sharing his trauma, whereas The Joker wants everyone to feel his suffering. Also it made what is The Joker's primary origin story of falling in the vat of chemicals, Tim Burton lifted that wholesale for Batman 89.

But anyway official canon is that Barbara didn't get raped, because again DC is not going to want to sell rapist merchandise. With all that said with the pictures showing Barb's naked buttocks followed by her crying in pain sexual assault had taken place. Gordon is clearly horrified left believing she had been raped. Whatever it is anyone who feels the need to use The Joker as a moral guardian against Nazism is a goddamn moron.
I live by "If it's Alan Moore and it's up for interpretation, just assume the worst".

Because when it's Alan Moore and it's NOT up for interpretation you get Neonomicon which was like Moore got a hold of some hentai and said "hold my beer".

Last edited:

Xerxes IX

Neko Atsume cat named Sargon of Aclawed next?
kiwifarms.net
This is...a strange direction to go in considering the recent focus on Harley Quinn becoming free of him and becoming a lesbian feminist icon. Not to mention the further association of the Joker with violent wrongthinkers because journos saw the gamers rise up memes and concluded there would be incel mass shootings at Joker screenings. "Yeah the Joker is an abusive misogynistic incel but even he doesn't like Nazis!" isn't the zinger the writer thinks it is.

• Agree
Reactions: UnsufficentBoobage

JimiHendrix

The best jazz player around.
kiwifarms.net

There's nothing in the original Killing Joke to imply she was raped.

In the shitty animated movie written by Brian Azzarello it is pretty much outright stated Joker raped her himself.

Also as a side note it's unfortunate this one scene is getting all this attention from SJW's and the like when the comic itself is pretty good.

Also to answer anyones question, this is before Injustice, it's a prequel.

Last edited:

The Shadow

Edgy two gun mystery man
kiwifarms.net
There's nothing in the original Killing Joke to imply she was raped.

In the shitty animated movie written by Brian Azzarello it is pretty much outright stated Joker raped her himself.

Also as a side note it's unfortunate this one scene is getting all this attention from SJW's and the like when the comic itself is pretty good.

Also to answer anyones question, this is before Injustice, it's a prequel.
There's plenty to imply it in The Killing Joke. There aren't a whole lot of reasons a criminal would undress a victim.

Incidentally Azzarello had The Joker as a rapist in the Joker graphic novel.

Honestly I don't think TKJ is that great of a book, outside of some terrific artwork. It also pretty much killed off the more interesting Joker pulling clever heists in favor of "I have to prove anyone could turn out like me and I'm obsessed with Batman" Joker.

This is...a strange direction to go in considering the recent focus on Harley Quinn becoming free of him and becoming a lesbian feminist icon.
WARNING: Autism ahoy

Of all the DC characters to potentially become a feminist icon, Harley's the one that they clearly didn't do enough research on before doing that. Original Animated Series Harley is implied to have fucked her way to passing grades in med school. Comic book Harley once literally murdered children with exploding dolls.

You want an icon? DC literally wrote the playbook on comic book heroines.

Harley is an icon though...because she's such a fucking Becky and a manic pixie dream girl in one. She's never been her own person, is defined by her relationships to others (whether Joker or Ivy) and is unable to rise to the Stacy Energy of Black Canary or a Starfire. This is why she appeals to the demographic of lazy, entitled millenials that idealize the quirky.

And people only talk about her with Joker or Ivy. No one mentions that time she was with Booster Gold which seems like it actually would make sense. They're both losers and butt monkeys that still remain pretty chipper most of the time.

The Virgins go for "I need a Harley to my gamer Joker self, bottom text" and the Beckies go "Her life is such a mess, just like mine" and both types are on the "ooh lesbians so progressive!" train. But the thing is both these stories have been old hat since the 90s. From a writing standpoint putting her in a relationship of either sexuality with another villain isn't that interesting. Batman's antagonistic romances with Catwoman and Talia have generated plenty of attention getting drama over the years. Pair Harley up with a hero (like Booster) and you've got a more interesting dynamic.

Last edited:

Jasonfan89

Aka horrorfan89
kiwifarms.net
Does this mean this vol of the injustice comic sucks because the writers a living soy wojack? Be a damn shame considering the first injustice comic was so good the omnibus is on my shopping list *sigh*

• Feels
Reactions: The Shadow
Tags
None