Disaster Interesting clickbait, op-eds, fluff pieces and other smaller stories -

What should the prefix to this thread be?

• World

Votes: 81 18.2%
  • Science

Votes: 13 2.9%
  • Culture

Votes: 94 21.1%
  • Disaster

Votes: 258 57.8%

• Total voters

CatParty

Boo
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/24/caitlyn-jenner-halloween-costume-sparks-social-media-outrage-.html

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/caitlyn-jenner-halloween-costume-labeled-817515?utm_source=twitter

It's nowhere near October, but one ensemble is already on track to be named the most controversial Halloween costume of 2015.

Social media users were out in full force on Monday criticizing several Halloween retailers for offering a Caitlyn Jenner costume reminiscent of the former-athlete's Vanity Fair cover earlier this year.

While Jenner's supporters condemned the costume as "transphobic" and "disgusting" on Twitter, Spirit Halloween, a retailer that carries the costume, defended the getup.

"At Spirit Halloween, we create a wide range of costumes that are often based upon celebrities, public figures, heroes and superheroes," said Lisa Barr, senior director of marking at Spirit Halloween. "We feel that Caitlyn Jenner is all of the above and that she should be celebrated. The Caitlyn Jenner costume reflects just that."

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

trombonista

プンツクガマガマ
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They should make it more realistic. For instance, it should come with a car so you can rear-end and kill an old lady and completely get away with it.
I read that she might be getting charged with manslaughter soon.

Anyway, I don't quite like the idea of the costume, but I see no problem with selling it. The social justice groups should just convince people not to buy it.

Bugaboo

I have to kill fast and bullets too slow
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think when dudes dress up as chicks on halloween it can be funny if they don't have like a beard and hairy legs and shit. It's just for fun, it's not like they're going out and punching a transgender in the pre-op dick like come on

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
kiwifarms.net
Would it have been different if it was a dude dressed up as a cisscumgender woman?

Hyperion

D E A D
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The people making this costume knew there would be controversy. They depended on the SJWs flipping out and giving them free advertising.

Guess how many people will be wearing this costume. All because the SJWs don't think logically and consider the consequences of their actions.

Reactions: unfer

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Good point about this just being about one guy and not about all transgender people.

Now we need one for all transgender people, where it's a fat guy with a beard in a straitjacket with a cock you can actually cut off with a little cock guillotine. Comes with free tumblr account.

To symbolize the struggle of being bugfuck crazy.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm sure they had plenty of models who they could've photographed with this outfit on, and that the hairy guy with the unshaven face and arm tattoo wasn't the only choice they had. This isn't homage, this is outrage bait.
Heavy facial hair is the best shorthand for "This is an intentional joke and not just another unpassable tranny".

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino