Disaster Interesting clickbait, op-eds, fluff pieces and other smaller stories -

What should the prefix to this thread be?

• World

Votes: 85 17.9%
  • Science

Votes: 16 3.4%
  • Culture

Votes: 99 20.9%
  • Disaster

Votes: 274 57.8%

• Total voters

Digital Thunder

"Goblinoid tendencies"
kiwifarms.net
For all their uniqueness, snowflakes eventually make the same pile of white shit.
And much like the snow, they'll all melt away into ordinary puddles, though at least snow isn't insufferably self-important through any of it.

I love the phrasing of "furious email". Embodying a quintessential, cookie-cutter look is that important to this one guy, huh.

SunLightStreak

Elite Illuminati Task Force Agent for Cow Control
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Embodying a quintessential, cookie-cutter look is that important to this one guy, huh.
Of course it is. Its how he tells the world that "I am different! I am special! There is only one of me because I look this way just like all the other different special people do!".

Telling him that he is no different than all the other millions of hipsters who wear the same thing, look the same way, and even just about think the same way, destroys his very fragile sense of self.

Personally, I think it would have been better not to publish this and let them all keep thinking they are special spending hundreds of dollars to look like bums.

It is like some people can't let me have my fun in life.

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!
kiwifarms.net
As utterly as unpleasant as it sounds, there is a better way to stave of dehydration, apparently. I've read a few sailing disaster memoirs, and apparently giving yourself a urine enema is the solution. Drinking it, you keep upping your toxin and sodium levels, but the intestine/colon largely filter it out. Fellow kiwis can thank me for this tidbit in the unlikely event this information ever proves useful!
"HEY! HEY MAN YOU GOTTA STICK YOUR PEEN IN ME AND OPEN ThE FLOoDGATES! NO NO IT'S NOT GAY BECAUSE I'M DEHYDRATED, GET IT? Where are you going?"

GrungyLawnChlorinate

confirmed hairless and stable
kiwifarms.net

Located in an apartment in a primarily Hispanic town in Oregon, a clandestine lab churned out thousands of fake Social Security cards, drivers’ licenses and immigration documents that were sold around the United States for years.

The operation, revealed for the first time Tuesday in a federal court document, showed that a syndicate based in Oaxaca, Mexico, operated the forged-document factory in Woodburn, a town of 24,000 in an agricultural region a half-hour’s drive from Portland.

Employers, including farms, nurseries and wineries, routinely employ people who are in the United States illegally but who can produce a Social Security card or work visa. Many agricultural employers say it’s not their responsibility — and that they lack the expertise — to determine if the documents are genuine.

The arrest on Sept. 21, 2017, of Miguel Merecias-Lopez in a fast-food restaurant parking lot in Woodburn reveals how, in many cases, such documents are produced. Merecias-Lopez pleaded guilty Tuesday in federal court in Portland to conspiracy to produce false identification documents and possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine. He had gone to the parking lot to sell more than a kilogram (2.2 pounds) of meth, prosecutors said.

Homeland Security Investigations had already been looking at the syndicate they called the “Fraud Doc Ring” before the arrest, said Kevin Sonoff, spokesman for the United States Attorney’s Office in Portland. After Merecias-Lopez was arrested, investigators went to his apartment and found computers, scanners, laminators, cameras and a high-resolution printer.

“The fraud ring operated in Woodburn for more than a decade and produced over 10,000 fraudulent documents that they distributed in Woodburn or mailed to customers around the United States,” U.S. Attorney Billy Williams and Assistant U.S. Attorney Peter Sax said in the plea agreement posted Tuesday in court documents. Previous detailed court documents remain under seal.

The Fraud Doc Ring communicated with customers using Facebook, email, Snapchat and in person, the plea deal states. Customers emailed, texted or mailed the ring digital passport-style photos for insertion into the fake ID cards, or visited a clandestine photography lab in Woodburn where their photos were taken, the plea agreement says. Customers paid electronically through PayPal, through the mail or in person.

In the apartment, agents found dozens of security images and seals used in legitimate identification documents. They also found stored digital photos of more than 4,000 customers.

The Fraud Doc Ring produced a wide array of documents, including drivers’ licenses for over 25 different states, Social Security cards, lawful permanent resident cards, U.S. and Mexican birth certificates and marriage licenses.

There is a huge market for such documents. Immigrants working illegally in this country accounted for about 46 percent of America’s roughly 800,000 crop farmworkers in recent years, according to an Associated Press analysis of data from the U.S. Departments of Labor and Agriculture. Many more work in the nation’s hospitality, service and construction industries.

Merecias-Lopez’s attorney, Brian Walker, did not immediately respond to emailed and phone messages requesting comment. Merecias-Lopez said in his petition to plead guilty that he has a 10th-grade education, and that he understands that conviction can lead to imprisonment and deportation.

Merecias-Lopez, 24, moved to Woodburn from Oaxaca in January 2017, long after the fraud ring began operating. He is responsible for creating at least 300 fraudulent U.S. government documents, according to the plea agreement.

Government prosecutors and Walker are jointly recommending a low sentence. For the false documents conviction, he faces a maximum 15 years in prison and $250,000 fine. The drug conviction carries a maximum sentence of life in prison with a 10 year mandatory minimum sentence and a $10 million fine.

Sonoff said no other arrests have been made and that the current criminal inquiry focuses only on Merecias-Lopez and his co-conspirators, not on their customers.

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

and gave me aids
kiwifarms.net

GrungyLawnChlorinate

confirmed hairless and stable
kiwifarms.net

All hail adventurous women: solo female travel is on the rise, according to new research.

Interest in these types of holidays has risen by 131 per cent over the past two years, according to Google Trends. Meanwhile, a Culture Trip survey of 10,500 respondents found that one-in-three women (34 per cent) said they’d be interested in flying solo in future, compared to just one in seven (14 per cent) who’d taken a trip on their own in the previous five years.

A British Airways study of almost 9,000 18 to 64-year-olds across the UK, US, France, India, Germany, Italy, Brazil and China in 2018 found that more than 50 per cent of women have taken a holiday by themselves, with 75 per cent of women planning a solo trip in the next few years.
We’ll tell you what’s true. You can form your own view.

From 15p €0.18 $0.18 USD 0.27 a day, more exclusives, analysis and extras.

Ahead of International Women’s Day 2019 (8 March), and on behalf of adventurous females everywhere, here are 10 of the best trips for SoWAs – Solo Women Adventurers.

Hike in Morocco

Intrepid Travel has launched new limited edition women’s expeditions, which are all about “breaking down barriers, fostering discussion and creating immersive local experiences for women that are ordinarily off limits on our regular group departures”.

Its Morocco Women’s Expedition is an off-map hiking adventure starting in Marrakech and going via the Bougmez Valley and the foothills of Azourki, before travellers get the chance to visit a women’s rug-weaving co-op in Talsanant. An eight-day tour costs £675pp, including seven nights’ B&B accommodation, four lunches, five dinners, transfers and a range of activities, from a local folklore workshop to a Berber makeup workshop.
Solo Female Off-map Hike in Morrocco

for International Women's Day.

"immersive local experiences for women that are ordinarily off limits"

Oof.

Last edited:

Dracula's Spirit Animal

One time, I accidentally ate a bunch of nails
kiwifarms.net

Solo Female Off-map Hike in Morrocco

for International Women's Day.

"immersive local experiences for women that are ordinarily off limits"

Oof.
That's kind of an irresponsible article for them to post. We just saw that girl beheaded and likely raped in Morocco a couple of weeks ago. Makes me wonder wtf is up with the editors. Killing and raping white girls is completely fine if it's done by brown people, apparently.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
kiwifarms.net
Such a big chunk of their GDP is derived from tourism that I think after the last double murder, they probably locked up everyone on their terrorist/radicalised watchlist in an attempt to forestall future murders of foreign tourists.

Dracula's Spirit Animal

One time, I accidentally ate a bunch of nails
kiwifarms.net
Such a big chunk of their GDP is derived from tourism that I think after the last double murder, they probably locked up everyone on their terrorist/radicalised watchlist in an attempt to forestall future murders of foreign tourists.
That seems incredibly optimistic. It would be tens of thousands of people, unless their list is entirely ineffectual and anemic. That'd be pretty much a purge. Even if the media didn't cover Rwanda, or Gilets Jaunes nowadays enough, it's/was still covered. I can't imagine there wouldn't be SOMETHING coming out about mass lock ups and government purges in SOME fringe media. And a few weeks after that happened to those girls? Even effective intelligence and policing, like most western powers, or Russia, or China, couldn't expect to enforce it that quick.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't buy any government bureaucracy, even security, especially in a shithole, could effectively turn their country from a place where ignorant girls are randomly getting beheaded and likely raped, into a reccommended tourist locale. We're talking what: Three weeks-ish? Was it longer? Maybe six weeks?

It's terribly irresponsible for a major western media authority to give girls the idea to do that at this point. Maybe in three or four years, when there have been enough hardnened maniacs and random men doing it successfully, but this is silly. It seems more like propaganda and whitewashing to me.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
kiwifarms.net
That seems incredibly optimistic. It would be tens of thousands of people, unless their list is entirely ineffectual and anemic. That'd be pretty much a purge. Even if the media didn't cover Rwanda, or Gilets Jaunes nowadays enough, it's/was still covered. I can't imagine there wouldn't be SOMETHING coming out about mass lock ups and government purges in SOME fringe media. And a few weeks after that happened to those girls? Even effective intelligence and policing, like most western powers, or Russia, or China, couldn't expect to enforce it that quick.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't buy any government bureaucracy, even security, especially in a shithole, could effectively turn their country from a place where ignorant girls are randomly getting beheaded and likely raped, into a reccommended tourist locale. We're talking what: Three weeks-ish? Was it longer? Maybe six weeks?

It's terribly irresponsible for a major western media authority to give girls the idea to do that at this point. Maybe in three or four years, when there have been enough hardnened maniacs and random men doing it successfully, but this is silly. It seems more like propaganda and whitewashing to me.
It's a pretty secular country; they should be able to narrow down the Islamic militants and crazies with relative ease. I think the murderers in the double murder were already on their watchlist. Their biggest terrorism problem concerns the Sahrawi republican separatists in the south, with Islamic affiliated terrorists being rare as hen's teeth.

ICametoLurk

SCREW YOUR OPTICS, I'M GOING IN
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The BBC celebrated International Women's Day the way you would except it to

There is nothing that screams REBELLION like having a full face veil imposed on women by men for reasons of religious modesty. It was banned in public by the way because it has been used to hide escaping terrorists.

Guardian G.I.

СНГ scum
kiwifarms.net
In St. Petersburg, Russia, members of a pro-Putin activist group "Сеть" (conspiratards obsessed with fighting the "Anglo-Saxon world government") barged into a "male-free" feminist cafe "Simona", which is run by local radical feminists. The intruders wanted to congratulate them with the International Women's Day; they even brought flowers:

The radfems did not appreciate the gesture, flipped the fuck out and attacked the Putinists with pepper spray.

Before that, some guy on Twitter wrote a complaint about the radfem cafe to the local authorities, citing Russian Civil Code's Article 426, paragraphs 1 and 3, that forbid discrimination against customers in cafes and restaurants. The Russian authorities apparently ignored it.

Last edited:

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net

There is nothing that screams REBELLION like having a full face veil imposed on women by men for reasons of religious modesty. It was banned in public by the way because it has been used to hide escaping terrorists.
Last time they counted, I think we have 40-50 of those in the entire country? The full trashbag variant. Some rich muslim dude even offered to pay off the fines they've earned from wearing them, and lo behold, nobody met up.

It's such VICE bait.

ATaxingWoman

Professional Tax Investigator
kiwifarms.net

And how much does this woman care about the rights of women outside of those who also wear the veil by will?

Media outlets like the BBC always say we must accommodate to the needs of these women and listen to them when they say they want to wear it, but they never ask themselves WHY it is that they want to look like the Phantom Plot.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino