Disaster Interesting clickbait, op-eds, fluff pieces and other smaller stories -

What should the prefix to this thread be?

• World

Votes: 90 17.8%
  • Science

Votes: 18 3.6%
  • Culture

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • Disaster

Votes: 291 57.4%

• Total voters

Hank Salagna

kiwifarms.net
Why is AVClub attacking a Jewish Man and a migrant over their love of Afro-American culture?
Fucking nazi shitlords.
Let's be honest, it's just pure, unadulterated, vile resentment. Shatner and Notch have long been targeted by them because they just cannot reconcile the fact that these problematic wrong-thinkers are so rich, famous and untouchable.

It's the same reason with them constantly going after Kanye. Kanye likes Trump, and he's open about it, and it drives them fucking NUTS that they can't deplatform or hurt him in any meaningful way. They are soccer moms angrily shaking their picket signs to no effect whatsoever.

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
Remember when William Shatner broke new ground and was 1/2 of the first interracial kiss on television? What a far right shitlord.
The guy was active in a time where there was actual censorship of blacks, homosexuals, and even women in media and he fought against that type of discrimination in the ways he could and actually achieved a change. It's horrifying seeing Millenials who were born in more accepting times but who believe telling you "lol gay" is oppression calling him names. Shatner was everything they actually want to be.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

Do you think James Woods listens too?
Remember when AV Club actually talked about AV instead of just being a bunch of screeching autists attacking random people about literally nothing?

Me either.

Jane Lane

I met a high ranking mason at a gay bar
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
LOL holy shit this article is not even subtle in the slightest, it's a full-on attack on them both :story: I love the comments as well:
I wish I saw that comment. I'm looking at the comments now, and all I see appears to be regurgitated ResetERA bile.

GrungyLawnChlorinate

confirmed hairless and stable
kiwifarms.net

Investigators from the Spanish police and National Intelligence Center (CNI) have linked an attack on the North Korean embassy in Madrid on February 22 to the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

Sources believe the goal of the attack embassy was to get information on the former North Korean ambassador to Spain

At least two of the 10 assailants who broke into the embassy and interrogated diplomatic staff have been identified and have connections to the US intelligence agency. The CIA has denied any involvement but government sources say their response was “unconvincing.”

If it is proven that the CIA was behind the attack, it could lead to a diplomatic spat between Madrid and Washington. Government sources say that it would be “unacceptable” for an ally to take such action. Not only would it mean that the US agency had operated on Spanish soil without asking for authorization or informing the authorities, it would also be a violation of the international conventions that protect diplomatic delegations.

What’s more, unlike other intelligence activities – such as cyberattacks, which are characterized by their discretion, the attack on the North Korean embassy was especially violent. On February 22 at 3pm, 10 masked men carrying alleged imitation weapons broke into the embassy, located north of the capital in the residential area of Aravaca. They tied up the eight people inside and put bags on their heads. The victims were beaten and interrogated. A woman managed to escape from a window on the second floor and her screams for help were heard by a neighbor, who contacted the police.

Officers arrived at the scene but when they tried to enter the embassy a man opened the door to them and told them that there was nothing going on. Minutes later, two luxury vehicles sped out of the embassy. The cars used for the getaway belonged to the diplomatic mission and were later abandoned in a nearby street.

The assailants tied up the eight people inside the embassy and put bags on their heads

Police found the eight victims inside. They had been held hostage for two hours, had had bags placed over their heads, had been beaten and were scared. Two of them required medical attention.

Investigators from the General Information Office (CGI) and CNI ruled out the idea that the attack was the work of common criminals. The operation was perfectly planned as if it were carried out by a “military cell,” said sources close to the investigation. The assailants knew what they were looking for, taking only computers and mobile phones.

The highly secretive investigation will be heard at Spain’s High Court, the Audiencia Nacional, which could order the arrest of the identified assailants. Government sources, however, admit it would be difficult to prove the CIA was involved in court.

Kim Hyok Chol

Sources believe that the goal of the attack on the North Korean embassy was to get information on Kim Hyok Chol, the former North Korean ambassador to Spain.

Former North Korean ambassador to Spain, Kim Hyok Chol, in a file photo from 2015. CARLOS ROSILLO

Kim Hyok Chol was expelled from Spain on September 19, 2017 by the then-Spanish Foreign Minister Alfonso Dastis given that the nuclear testing that the country was carrying out at the time was in serious breach of United Nations Security Council resolutions.

Kim Hyok Chol, who was declared persona non grata by Spain and was invited to leave the country before the end of the month, is currently one of Kim Jong-un’s highly trusted diplomats, and one of the architects of the failed nuclear summit between US President Donald Trump and Kim Jon-un in Vietnam. The meeting, aimed at securing North Korea’s nuclear disarmament, ended in failure without any agreement on a timetable for disarmament or on future negotiations.

In February, Kim Hyok Chol also led the North Korean delegation that negotiated a nuclear disarmament plan with US special envoy Stephen Biegun in exchange for sanctions to be lifted.
"“It appears that [the perpetrators] did not know that there were guests there,” sources say. They were, however, apparently looking for specific documentation."

Last edited:

CWCchange

ǝƃuɐɥɔƆMƆ
kiwifarms.net
'Cosplay' burglar facing charges in Fukuoka

A man is facing charges in western Japan for allegedly breaking into a house dressed as a popular animation character.

The 37-year-old unemployed man has been arrested in Fukuoka Prefecture and indicted for stealing more than 17,000 yen, or about 150 dollars, from the house last month.

Police say he was dressed as a character from the animated series "Neon Genesis Evangelion" when he broke into the house.

Investigators were tipped off that a suspicious person in "cosplay" was seen in the neighborhood.

The man has reportedly told police that he gets a desire to steal when he's in costume, and that he has committed about 10 other burglaries.

Police say the man has been booked in the past for committing thefts while dressed as Spider-Man or a bunny girl.

vertexwindi

PM me and win a free nothing!
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
'Cosplay' burglar facing charges in Fukuoka

A man is facing charges in western Japan for allegedly breaking into a house dressed as a popular animation character.

The 37-year-old unemployed man has been arrested in Fukuoka Prefecture and indicted for stealing more than 17,000 yen, or about 150 dollars, from the house last month.

Police say he was dressed as a character from the animated series "Neon Genesis Evangelion" when he broke into the house.

Investigators were tipped off that a suspicious person in "cosplay" was seen in the neighborhood.

The man has reportedly told police that he gets a desire to steal when he's in costume, and that he has committed about 10 other burglaries.

Police say the man has been booked in the past for committing thefts while dressed as Spider-Man or a bunny girl.
That's so fucked up.

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
It might not be the right section to post this one but Timcast posted a vlog about the Ferguson activists during the Ferguson riots of 2014 who had died mysteriously starting some conspiracies theories.

Edit: The Boston Globe posted an article on the subject.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2019/03/17/puzzling-number-men-tied-ferguson-protests-have-died/AGhdXZt06fPXKQtrBMZIiP/story.html ( http://archive.li/NJadZ )

FERGUSON, Mo. — Two young men were found dead inside torched cars. Three others died of apparent suicides. Another collapsed on a bus, his death ruled an overdose.
Six deaths, all involving men with connections to protests in Ferguson, Missouri, drew attention on social media and speculation in the activist community that something sinister was at play.
Police say there is no evidence the deaths have anything to do with the protests stemming from a white police officer’s fatal shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown, and that only two were homicides with no known link to the protests.

Last edited:

Keystone

kiwifarms.net
  • Horrifying
Reactions: AnOminous

Safir

kiwifarms.net
US accused of trying to dilute global agreements on women's rights [The Guardian]

US officials in New York are attempting to water down language and remove the word “gender” from documents being negotiated at the UN, in what is being seen as a threat to international agreements on women’s rights.

In negotiations at the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW), which resume at UN headquarters this week, the US wants to replace “gender” in the forum’s outcome document with references only to women and girls.

In a speech to CSW on Friday, Cherith Norman Chalet, US ambassador for UN management and reform, said “we are not about gender jargon. Today, here at the Commission on the Status of Women, we are about women. Women and girls. The life of all women and girls”.
"Dilute" my ass.

Fishing regulations for Lake Fork require a length limit in the 16-24" slot, meaning only bass 16 inches and less, or 24 inches or greater, in length may be kept, according to the Texas Parks & Wildlife website.
OK, how did this get past an editor? Obviously the fucking limit isn't less than or equal to 16", or greater than or equal to 24". That would be fucking stupid. Clearly the limit is greater than or equal to 16, less than or equal to 24. As in, a window of size that is acceptable.

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

do you are have stupid
kiwifarms.net
OK, how did this get past an editor? Obviously the fucking limit isn't less than or equal to 16", or greater than or equal to 24". That would be fucking stupid. Clearly the limit is greater than or equal to 16, less than or equal to 24. As in, a window of size that is acceptable.
I saw that but honestly thought that I must be really ignorant about sport fishing terminology since it looked like utter nonsense.

Chan the Wizard

My Gemsona is autistic
kiwifarms.net

Amy Schumer reveals her husband Chris Fischer has autism spectrum disorder
By Heidi Parker For Dailymail.com 12:25 EDT 18 Mar 2019, updated 13:38 EDT 18 Mar 2019

's husband has autism spectrum disorder, which used to be labeled Asperger's Syndrome.
The 37-year-old comic realized not long after she started dating Chris Fischer - whom she married in February 2018 and is expecting her first child with - that his 'brain was a little different.'
The condition is a form of developmental disorder autism and can cause difficulties with communication and social interaction.
Sharing: Amy Schumer's husband has Asperger's Syndrome. The 37-year-old comic realized not long after she started dating Chris Fischer that his 'brain was a little different.' Seen in January

Sharing: Amy Schumer's husband has Asperger's Syndrome. The 37-year-old comic realized not long after she started dating Chris Fischer that his 'brain was a little different.' Seen in January
Amy Schumer hilariously joins in Mardi Gras parade practice

In her upcoming Netflix special Amy Schumer: Growing she told a crowd in Chicago: 'I knew from the beginning that my husband's brain was a little different than mine.'
She then added, 'I have to start this over because I really want to get this right because I love him very much.
'My husband was diagnosed with what used to be called Asperger's. He has autism spectrum disorder. He's on the spectrum. And there were some signs early on.'
A fairytale beginning: The comedienne and the chef married in February 2018 following a whirlwind three-month romance

A fairytale beginning: The comedienne and the chef married in February 2018 following a whirlwind three-month romance
So much love: The two live in New York and are expecting their first child together this year

So much love: The two live in New York and are expecting their first child together this year
Amy Schumer gets real about pregnancy in new Netflix special

The Snatched star went on to admit she has shared a lot of 'Huh' moments' with her husband, starting from when she fell over on one of their first dates.
She continued: 'Nine out of 10 people would go, "Oh my god, are you OK?!" Maybe more like 10 out of 10 people...Instead, my husband went-- He kind of froze and became a lighthouse, opening and closing his mouth.
'I remember lying on the ground looking up at him and I wasn't mad, I just thought, "Huh." Lotta "Huh" moments, you know?'
The story: 'My husband was diagnosed with what used to be called Asperger's,' said Amy. 'He has autism spectrum disorder. He's on the spectrum. And there were some signs early on.' Seen in April 2018

The story: 'My husband was diagnosed with what used to be called Asperger's,' said Amy. 'He has autism spectrum disorder. He's on the spectrum. And there were some signs early on.' Seen in April 2018
But the Trainwreck actress is unfazed by his condition and admitted one of the reasons why she fell in love with him was because 'he keeps it so real' and always tells the truth.
She said: 'Once he was diagnosed, it dawned on me how funny it was, because all of the characteristics that make it clear that he's on the spectrum are all of the reasons that I fell madly in love with him.
'That's the truth. He says whatever is on his mind. He keeps it so real. He doesn't care about social norms or what you expect him to say or do.'
Amy Schumer shares lovely moments from wedding with Chris Fischer

Well documented: Schumer has been active on social media sharing her stories about being pregnant

Well documented: Schumer has been active on social media sharing her stories about being pregnant
Amy Schumer can't contain excitement as she feeds giraffe

According to the Mayo Clinic, Autism spectrum disorder is a condition related to brain development that impacts how a person perceives and socializes with others, causing problems in social interaction and communication.
The disorder also includes limited and repetitive patterns of behavior. The term spectrum in autism spectrum disorder refers to the wide range of symptoms and severity.
The symptoms include resisting cuddling and holding, poor eye contact, lack of facial expression, delayed speech, speaking with an abnormal tone or rhythm, repeating words or phrases verbatim, trouble expressing emotions or feelings and appears unaware of others' feelings.
They fit well together: The actress and the food expert seen arm in arm in June 2018

They fit well together: The actress and the food expert seen arm in arm in June 2018
Amy Schumer tells all on Chris Fischer and possibility of kids

In April she told the Howard Stern Show that she and Fischer slept together on their first date.
'We had sex. You know me. Sex!' Schumer said. 'There was no nonsense. It was just, "Let’s go." And, it was sweet. It was really nice. We had a great night.'
She continued, 'I have a habit of not letting people sleep in my bed, and so I wanted him to sleep there, then in the morning, I was happy he was there. I said in the morning, "I don’t want you to go," and he said, "I don’t want to go either." And, then we just worked really hard to keep seeing each other.'
The star also told ET in April she was happy to be done dating.
'Yeah. I do feel different. I'm done. I don't ever have to zip my knee boots up and leave a dude's place at 4 a.m. that has, like a Rottweiler,' she joked.
'I just knew I didn't want to settle. I'll be fine on my own. Maybe I'll fall in love a couple more times but I don't need that partner. And then I met the person I wanted to partner up with. I didn't know right away. I knew him for seven months before it became romantic, but once I knew, I knew quick. I was like "Oh, I'm done. I can't believe I messed with those other suckers."'

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino