Disaster Interesting clickbait, op-eds, fluff pieces and other smaller stories -

What should the prefix to this thread be?

• World

Votes: 85 18.0%
  • Science

Votes: 16 3.4%
  • Culture

Votes: 99 20.9%
  • Disaster

Votes: 273 57.7%

• Total voters

ulsterscotsman

Níl mo ainm Ian Brandon rud éigin!
kiwifarms.net
People in Australia want to ban "Military style bolt action rifles".

Dracula's Spirit Animal

One time, I accidentally ate a bunch of nails
kiwifarms.net
People in Australia want to ban "Military style bolt action rifles".
The fuck did I just read? smh

I will also virtue signal, and suggest we ban fully-auto, break-barrel/lever pellet assault rifles with bump-stocks.

LegoTugboat

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
DailyMailTV scores two Daytime Emmy nominations for second year in a row

DailyMailTV has been nominated for two Daytime Emmy Awards for the second year in a row.

The show is once again nominated in the Outstanding Entertainment News Program category while also picking up a nod for Outstanding Main Title and Graphics.

DailyMailTV has scored record ratings in its sophomore season, and just this week broke the news that Wendy Williams had been living in a sober facility after the talk show host's recent relapse.

Jesse Palmer hosts the syndicated show, which is produced by Carla Pennington (executive producer of Dr. Phil and The Doctors), Jay McGraw (executive producer of The Doctors and the CBS drama series BULL), Dr. Phil McGraw (executive producer of Dr. Phil, The Doctors and the CBS drama series BULL) and Martin Clarke (publisher, dmg media) as well as Jeffrey Wilson and Eric Beesemyer.

The news was announced on The Talk Wednesday afternoon, with DailyMailTV nominated alongside Access, Entertainment Tonight, Extra and Inside Edition in the Outstanding Entertainment News Program category.

It will face off against Disney Parks Magical Christmas Day Parade, Prince of Peoria, Six Dreams and The Who Was? Show for Outstanding Main Title and Graphics.

The 46th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards, honoring the best in daytime television, will be held on May 5 at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium in Pasadena, California.

DailyMailTV has captured headlines with a number of exclusive stories this season, including: Asia Argento's first and only English-language interview since the death of her partner Anthony Bourdain and allegations of sexual assault; Donald Trump Jr and Kimberly Guilfoyle's first ever joint interview; and Tristan Thompson's affair with another woman just days before Khloe Kardashian gave birth to the couple's first child.

DailyMailTV is syndicated through CBS Television Distribution.

The show airs across 99.2% of the United States on Tribune Broadcasting, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Gray Television Inc., Nexstar Media Group, Meredith, Raycom, London Broadcasting, Graham, Heartland Media, News Press & Gazette, Northwest Broadcasting, Citadel, Scripps and Quincy

Dracula's Spirit Animal

One time, I accidentally ate a bunch of nails
kiwifarms.net
DailyMailTV scores two Daytime Emmy nominations for second year in a row

DailyMailTV has been nominated for two Daytime Emmy Awards for the second year in a row.

The show is once again nominated in the Outstanding Entertainment News Program category while also picking up a nod for Outstanding Main Title and Graphics.

DailyMailTV has scored record ratings in its sophomore season, and just this week broke the news that Wendy Williams had been living in a sober facility after the talk show host's recent relapse.

Jesse Palmer hosts the syndicated show, which is produced by Carla Pennington (executive producer of Dr. Phil and The Doctors), Jay McGraw (executive producer of The Doctors and the CBS drama series BULL), Dr. Phil McGraw (executive producer of Dr. Phil, The Doctors and the CBS drama series BULL) and Martin Clarke (publisher, dmg media) as well as Jeffrey Wilson and Eric Beesemyer.

The news was announced on The Talk Wednesday afternoon, with DailyMailTV nominated alongside Access, Entertainment Tonight, Extra and Inside Edition in the Outstanding Entertainment News Program category.

It will face off against Disney Parks Magical Christmas Day Parade, Prince of Peoria, Six Dreams and The Who Was? Show for Outstanding Main Title and Graphics.

The 46th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards, honoring the best in daytime television, will be held on May 5 at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium in Pasadena, California.

DailyMailTV has captured headlines with a number of exclusive stories this season, including: Asia Argento's first and only English-language interview since the death of her partner Anthony Bourdain and allegations of sexual assault; Donald Trump Jr and Kimberly Guilfoyle's first ever joint interview; and Tristan Thompson's affair with another woman just days before Khloe Kardashian gave birth to the couple's first child.

DailyMailTV is syndicated through CBS Television Distribution.

The show airs across 99.2% of the United States on Tribune Broadcasting, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Gray Television Inc., Nexstar Media Group, Meredith, Raycom, London Broadcasting, Graham, Heartland Media, News Press & Gazette, Northwest Broadcasting, Citadel, Scripps and Quincy

Every single one of those shows and channels could go bankrupt tomorrow and no one would notice. Soap operas have more integrity and news.

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
Another event who happened just after the New Zealand shooting, no need to guess the culprit.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6830639/Twelve-students-rushed-hospital-Italy-Senegalese-man-hijacked-school-bus.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline
( http://archive.li/c9NbF )

Senegalese man hijacks Italian school bus and threatens to kill children on board before setting the vehicle on fire in protest over migrant deaths in the Mediterranean
  • Ousseynou Sy is originally Senegalese but has been an Italian citizen since 2004
  • He had to bring two classes of high school students to the gym with a school bus
  • Nobody was injured but some students were treated for principle of intoxication
  • A student called the police when the driver showed a gasoline can and a lig
A Senegalese man abducted 51 children when he hijacked an Italian school bus and set the vehicle alight in a protest over migrant deaths in the Mediterranean.

Ousseynou Sy, originally Senegalese but with Italian citizenship, stopped the bus he was driving, with two classes of high school students on board.

He was said to have ordered the children's hands to be bound and threatened to kill them and himself during the drive, before setting the vehicle on fire when he was stopped by a police blockade today.

Officers broke the glass in the back door of the bus and got all the passengers to safety without serious injury before the flames destroyed the vehicle, authorities said.

As he was apprehended, the driver said he was protesting migrant deaths in the Mediterranean, Commander Luca De Marchis told Sky TG24.

Rabidcolombian

kiwifarms.net
News just broke four hours ago

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/03/comedy-centrals-jim-jefferies-says-hes-not-a-big-fan-of-islam-and-thinks-wearing-a-burqa-is-stupid/80629/

Comedian Jim Jefferies took digs at Islam during an interview he had months ago with Jewish content creator Avi Yemini. The interview only recently aired as part of Jefferies’ coverage of the Christchurch, New Zealand shooting, where he used the footage of Yemini to mock him and attempt to portray the outspoken Jewish pundit as Islamophobic while pretending to champion immigration and open borders.

What Jefferies didn’t know was that Yemini had setup his phone to record the conversation while he was being filmed, so that he was able to capture some of Jefferies unedited comments and honest opinions about Islam that didn’t make it into the Jim Jefferies Show on Comedy Central. This was a smart tactic after Jefferies used some editing magic to make #ComicsGate supporter Richard C. Meyer appear racist in a carefully orchestrated hit-piece.

Yemini aired pieces of the segment on his YouTube channel in a seven minute teaser, which you can watch below.

Yemini has plans to release the full hour long video that his phone captured next week.

In the teaser, however, there’s one segment between Jefferies and Yemini where they discuss Muhammad and how you can’t joke about him in Islamic communities because of how dangerous it is. Jefferies ignores Yemini’s forewarning and proceeds to draw a mocking image of the Prophet Mohammad, saying “He looks like a wobbly ghost”.

Later on in the video that was recording the entire session, unbeknownst to Jefferies, the Australian host and Yemini both discuss their dislikes of Islam, to which Jefferies says…

“I’m not a big fan of Islam. […]

“I think that wearing a burqa is stupid and demeaning and all those things.”

The two also discuss which one is dangerous, a dingo or Islam. They both agree that dingos and Islam are dangerous. Yemini notes that a dingo ate a baby – Jefferies cut in and said if a dingo ate a “bloody Muslim baby” it would probably vomit it, to which Yemini recoils and says…

“No… I don’t actually agree with that shit. […] That’s not funny. You’re talking about fucking killing kids. That’s crossing a line. There’s a fucking line.”

Jefferies attempts to smooth it over by hand-waving away the exchange, to which he likely wanted to bait Yemini into furthering the joke to make him look bad during the segment but Yemini didn’t bite. Jefferies then says…

“We’ll edit this bit out. I never look bad in these interviews.”

That’s true for when there is no unedited footage of the interviews. In this case, Yemini provided footage from behind the scenes of Jefferies denigrating Islam and mocking Muhammad.

In the full seven minute segment that aired on Comedy Central, Jefferies is right that he completely avoided being made a fool, but definitely went out of his way to ensure that Yemini was made to look ridiculous. The segment was posted up on March 20th, 2019.]

Jim Jefferies Show

@jefferiesshow
Does Australia's anti-migration fence hold up to its name? Ask the dingo that just crawled under it.

As you can see, the whole bait about the dingos eating Muslim babies was to get Yemini to say something so that he could use it against him during the part where they were talking about the dingo fence. However, thankfully, Yemini didn’t bite.

Also, you’ll note that in the tweet, Jefferies is getting absolutely ripped to shreds in the comment section by people linking to Yemini’s video exposing Jim for being “Islamophobic” and for mocking Muhammad.

As Yemini mentioned in his own video, one must wonder how the Muslims will respond to Jefferies mocking Muhammad?
And America is still sleeping

Hortator

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not a fan of Islam. Honesty don't blame him. If you actually study the religion and see it for what it really is people will understand.
I have been saying this about Islam for years. The first time I read a critical book on Islam, not just a puff piece on them, I was kind of sad.

It was saddening to me because there were 1.5 billion people (almost 2 now) that I thought believed every word of the Koran.

I have since learned that most Muslims are not as strict as we would believe, and that the closest adherents to literal interpretive beliefs on Islam would be ISIS for example.

But, most of the Muslim nations during the Crusades were not unlike ISIS is today. And what can be forgotten can just as easily be remembered...

TheChivalrysOath

kiwifarms.net
I have been saying this about Islam for years. The first time I read a critical book on Islam, not just a puff piece on them, I was kind of sad.

It was saddening to me because there were 1.5 billion people (almost 2 now) that I thought believed every word of the Koran.

I have since learned that most Muslims are not as strict as we would believe, and that the closest adherents to literal interpretive beliefs on Islam would be ISIS for example.

But, most of the Muslim nations during the Crusades were not unlike ISIS is today. And what can be forgotten can just as easily be remembered...
Their preachers/priests in mosques behind closed doors still say they want non believers dead. They want to take over western governments (I honesty think they nearly have) to enforce their laws onto us and if people resist it's death or enslavement. They of course will deny this to save face in the public eye to be a religion of peace. But the most devout Muslim is the one most likely to kill you. The bloody history of Islam is available to all who care to study it. The Quran/Koran never once speaks of Allah's love for non-Muslims, but there are hundreds of verses that speak of Allah's cruelty toward and hatred of non-Muslims.

Having this knowledge and saying it irl or on the net might land me in trouble one day or worse.

I hope he stands by his comments, but I would bet money that he starts an apology tour ASAP.
He probably won't. He'll take it back and say he meant it a different way.

Last edited:
It's funny, people try to compare christianity and islam, saying the bible has some pretty bad stuff in it (and it does).

However, it's pretty easy to see the difference when you look at the two religion's most important messengers from god. Islam has Mohammed, warlord, conquerer, rapist. He told his followers to convert people by the sword.

On the other hand, christianity has jesus. Jesus was a communist hippy who wanted everyone to be kind to everyone else, even the lowest people, like whores and robbers. He said the response to violence is pacifism. He never recommended anyone be murdered, as far as I know.

I mean, come on. Sure, the old testament has some weird shit in it, but there simply aren't christians going around trying to enforce that nobody wear clothing made of mixed fabrics.

TheChivalrysOath

kiwifarms.net
It's funny, people try to compare christianity and islam, saying the bible has some pretty bad stuff in it (and it does).

However, it's pretty easy to see the difference when you look at the two religion's most important messengers from god. Islam has Mohammed, warlord, conquerer, rapist. He told his followers to convert people by the sword.

On the other hand, christianity has jesus. Jesus was a communist hippy who wanted everyone to be kind to everyone else, even the lowest people, like whores and robbers. He said the response to violence is pacifism. He never recommended anyone be murdered, as far as I know.

I mean, come on. Sure, the old testament has some weird shit in it, but there simply aren't christians going around trying to enforce that nobody wear clothing made of mixed fabrics.
Well example what does Islam say about the Mohamed Atta? He is revered as a mujahid, meaning a holy warrior, and an Islamic martyr. They are only as peaceful as everyone else until they really get into their religion.

Did Jesus personally take up the sword or order his disciples to take up the sword and kill in the name of his religion?

No he did not.

Did Mohamed personally take up the sword and order his disciples to take up the sword and kill in the name of his religion?

Yes he did and he did violently.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino