Disaster Interesting clickbait, op-eds, fluff pieces and other smaller stories -

What should the prefix to this thread be?

• World

Votes: 84 17.9%
  • Science

Votes: 16 3.4%
  • Culture

Votes: 99 21.1%
  • Disaster

Votes: 271 57.7%

• Total voters

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
Timcast vlog about an article from USA Today who mentionned Boy Crisis.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/04/07/males-risk-boy-crisis-identity-america-future-addiction-suicide-column/3331366002/ ( http://archive.li/pVSnI )

'Boy crisis' threatens America's future with economic, health, and suicide risks
Warren Farrell | Opinion contributor
Published 9:16 AM EDT Apr 7, 2019
In an astonishing disclosure about the two greatest dangers to the future of America’s economy, Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell revealed on CBS's "60 Minutes" last month the peril posed by “young males”: young males not looking for work; being addicted to drugs (think: opioid crisis); and being unprepared for the transition to technology. Powell posits that this economic problem is also a national security problem. He implies that we ignore this crisis at our own peril. Yet his warning is ignored.
In my half century of research on boys and men, I have discovered that there is, in fact, a boy crisis; that it is a global crisis, and that it is particularly egregious in the U.S. The crisis is more than economic. It is multi-faceted, with each facet magnifying the others.
It is a crisis of education. Worldwide, 60% of the students who achieve less than the baseline level of proficiency in any of the three PISA core subjects are boys. Even boys’ IQs are dropping.
It is a crisis of mental health. Boys’ suicide rate goes from only slightly more than girls before age 14; to three times that of girls’ between 15 and 19; to four-and-a-half times that of girls between 20 and 24. Mass shooters, prisoners and ISIS recruits are 95% male.

One commenter on Youtube posted something interesting.

24 minutes ago
It's as if all the "social justice" movements of the 60's, won the the war but refused to give up the fight. They achieved the abolishment of institutional racism, they achieved equal rights and opportunities for women, and marginalized people. They've won the rights of homosexuals to come out of the closet, and even legally marry. ...but it's not enough, they're not stopping there. They want to crush western civilization, and ANYTHING that has to do with western men. They're creating a fueling an opposition, so they can continue the fight.

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

and gave me aids
kiwifarms.net
Modern progressivism decries any sort of masculinity as inherently evil, but that isn't a new thing. Back in the 60s/70s, the effort to make schools more equitable for female students has swung way over equitable; the result has been decades of female-focused education from pre-k through college. In modern times, that has expanded into all the Women-in-Tech stuff and the blatantly illegal hiring discrimination that lots of tech companies do to get more WoC and shit in their STEM position ranks.

This is the natural result of affirmative action and the rabid belief that male things are bad. There is no such thing as toxic masculinity. In order to appeal enlightened, western society has been failing young men for a long time. It will get worse before it gets better.

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

and gave me aids
kiwifarms.net
i wouldn't even cupcake her

edit: Actual contribution to the thread

Felicity Huffman could be facing prison time of less than a year after pleading guilty for her alleged role in the college admissions case.
Everything We Know About the College Admissions Scam
Lou Shapiro, a state and federal criminal defense attorney in Los Angeles, tells Us Weekly that the 56-year-old actress may be sentenced to four to 10 months in prison under the guidelines considered by the U.S. Attorney’s Office. Shapiro also notes that Huffman’s lawyers will likely argue for zero prison time.

“In light of the fact that the prosecutors are requesting a relatively low amount of incarceration, it puts Huffman’s defense team in striking distance of a no-prison outcome,” Shapiro explains.

A date for Huffman’s plea hearing has yet to be scheduled.
Stars at Court
The Desperate Housewives alum was arrested last month after she allegedly made a “made a purported charitable contribution of $15,000” to boost her daughter Sofia’s SAT score, per court documents. Huffman spoke out about the scandal for the first time on Monday, April 8, after entering her plea.

“I am in full acceptance of my guilt, and with deep regret and shame over what I am done, I accept full responsibility for my actions and will accept the consequences that stem from those actions,” the statement read. “I am ashamed of the pain I have caused my daughter, my family, my friends, my colleagues and the educational community.”

The Sports Night alum added that Sofia, 18, “knew absolutely nothing” about her actions. “This transgression toward her and the public I will carry for the rest of my life,” she concluded. “My desire to help my daughter is no excuse to break the law or engage in dishonesty.”
Olivia Jade's Most Controversial Quotes About Her Education and Famous Parents
Huffman also shares daughter Georgia, 17, with her husband, William H. Macy. The Shameless star stood by his wife’s side after she turned herself in on March 12. She was subsequently released on a $250,000 bond.

The actor did not accompany his wife of more than 20 years to her court date on Wednesday, April 3. Huffman and fellow actress Lori Loughlin were among the 13 defendants in the Boston courtroom to hear the official charges against them. Loughlin and her husband, Mossimo Giannulli, have yet to enter a plea in the case.

The couple were accused of paying bribes of $500,000 to ensure that their daughters, Bella, 20, and Olivia Jade, 19, were admitted into USC. They face a maximum sentence of 20 years in federal prison, three years’ probation and a $250,000 fine.

Article with more specifics: https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/pictures/felicity-huffman-lori-loughlins-college-scam-everything-we-know/

Last edited:

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Hole no longer smoking
kiwifarms.net
This is the natural result of affirmative action and the rabid belief that male things are bad. There is no such thing as toxic masculinity. In order to appeal enlightened, western society has been failing young men for a long time. It will get worse before it gets better.
Back in 2000 Christina Hoff Sommers, before she became unpersoned, released the book "The war against boys", so this is really nothing new.

Article about the real threat to society, junkie vegan parents!
https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/vast/foraldrapar-atalas-for-for-daligt-vegansk-kost
Two year old girl close to starving to death - parents charged: "Insufficient vegan diet"

The two-year-old girl came in to Queen Silvia's children's hospital severely malnourished.
According to the preliminary investigation, it was the hospital's emergency measures that saved the girl's life. Now the parents are being prosecuted for gross bodily harm.
- The child has received mostly breast tard cum, brown rice and fruit and vegetables. It is an overly insufficient vegan diet, says Ximena Bene, prosecutor in the case.

The police were alerted to the child intensive at Drottning Silvia's children's hospital in mid-February this year after the staff received a child who was severely malnourished.

Last week, the parents were charged in a case the prosecutor Ximena Bene calls "unique".

- I have never encountered this combination in a case before. The parents are negligent when they give their child a one-sided diet, in connection with the removal of the child from social institutions that are to check how the child is feeling, she says.

The girl is not a registered inhabitant in Sweden[note: no birth certificate] and has probably been born in the home. The mother should also not have sought out MVC during her pregnancy. The girl has never been examined on the BVC(baby care clinics), according to the prosecutor.

It is not legally required to visit either MVC or BVC in Sweden, but the prosecutor believes that it is the combination of giving a one-sided diet together with not checking how the child actually is faring that makes the prosecutor consider it a criminal behavior.

- The child has not received a proper vegan diet. The food has consisted of breast tard cum, brown rice and fruit and vegetables, says Ximena Bene.

Doctor: Have never seen anything like this
When the girl entered the hospital she suffered from severe vitamin deficiency and had blood values that were life-threatening. In the police investigation, healthcare professionals say that the girl's life was saved by a small margin.

According to the preliminary investigation protocol, the doctor told the police that he had never seen anything like this during his professional career.

"You do not get children with vitamin deficiency in Sweden today," the doctor told the police.

A doctor with whom the police talked in place at the hospital says that the girl's condition could not be due to temporary circumstances, but should be the result of "longer impaired values".

The social services in Gothenburg were alerted to the hospital on the day the family came in urgently. There and then, it was decided to take the child from the parents.

The father says in the police investigation that the girl's condition comes from her being ill for four days.

The parents say during the interrogation that the daughter have many difficult allergies, and that they therefore had difficulty finding food that the girl doesn't get allergic reactions to.

At the police station it was discovered that the father carried the drug tramadol on him. Therefore, he is also charged with a lesser narcotics crime, a crime he recognizes.

Both parents deny crimes regarding gross bodily harm.
Tramadol(opiates), vegans and a neglected skeletal toddler with no birth certificate.

Just checked Flashback(Swedish forum) and this is the mothers blog, it's in English fortunately.
http://homefreeme.blogspot.com/
They're living some kind of proto-gypsy hippie lifestyle as hipster transients. "Since Ralephka turned one, we started to actively live nomadic moving from one place to another from one week to another."
Great lifestyle for a one year old and what kind of name is Ralephka? It better not be from a video game.

Oh fuck the mother is way nuttier than I expected.
It is almost coming to 90 days since I started my breatharian process and so far it has been a very interesting experience. The most difficulties that I have been facing is the social pressure. Which so far has been my greatest challenge to be able to become a true breatharian while living amongst society.

Even though I looked very thin at the beginning of the process, I had sufficient amount of energy to be able to go for long walks and exercises.

After observing and experimenting with myself, I have realized that I do not feel hunger anymore and my physical body has changed. My body feels like it had a massive upgrade.

At the moment, I have not being able to completely stop consuming food because I have been curious to the taste of some food.
Not feeling hunger anymore happens after a while when you stop eating, starting to eat again can be tough and a real chore because there's no real appetite, just ask the anorexics. Though like every other breatharian she's "curious to taste food", so she's actually eating(but just for the taste).

I'm not calling the mother fat but people that have gone 90 days without food tend to look much, much slimmer(image comes from the post about having been a breatharian for 90 days)

She also seems to have had a nice office job in the UK before going screwy, she did a "walk out video" where she threw her formal wear in the trash bin on the way out to be free of the system.
Travels a lot, probably have money in the bank.

This became way longer than expected.

edit: surprise! they are anti-vaxxers

Last edited:

Gustav Schuchardt

kiwifarms.net
UK supermarket pulls 'racist' chocolate Easter ducklings after Twitter cunt complains. I bet if they'd labelled the white one 'ugly' no one would have complained.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1111754/waitrose-dark-chocolate-easter-ducklings-racism-row-ugly
http://archive.li/V5NYt

WAITROSE temporarily pulled a range of chocolate Easter products from its shelves after customers complained that a dark brown duckling named “Ugly” was racist.

The supermarket firm has since apologised for the £8 box-set of tard cum, white and dark chocolate ducklings, as it upset “a small number” of customers after the figures were labelled “fluffy”, “crispy” and “ugly”. The trio of solid chocolate ducklings were temporarily stopped so the packaging could be redesigned before going back on sale in stores and online. The name of “ugly” may have referred to the classic fairy tale song The Ugly Duckling by Hans Christian Andersen – in which a “stubby and brown” duckling is picked on by others, before growing into a swan.

A twitter user posted a photo and said: "Crispy, Fluffy and Ugly - trio of Easter ducklings at Waitrose.

"Ugly is the dark one on the right. Overheard women saying “this is not right”, I agree, doesn't look good at all. Thousands of other options... Why ugly?"

Another Twitter user said: “I was in Waitrose earlier (it’s just my local supermarket okay) and the woman in front of me was banned from buying some chocolate ducks because they had apparently been withdrawn after somebody complained they were racist, and I now more than anything want to know why.”

But some social media users couldn’t see what the fuss was about.

One ranted: “There are three types of duck in the packet - crispy, fluffy and ugly.

"All very well-known names for ducks and anyone who contorts into anything else needs slapping with old kippers. It’s a bit of fun.”

Another said: “Well why is it racist it's three different types of chocolate. Waitrose are making it worst by bowing to it out of fear of being labelled."

Commenting on the row, a Waitrose spokesperson said: "We are sorry for any upset caused by the name of this product, it was absolutely not our intention to cause any offence.

"We removed the product from sale several weeks ago while we changed the labelling and our ducklings are now back on sale."

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadfan666xxx000
For fucking god's sake it's not even the only brown one. Also, chocolate is usually fucking brown you goddamn dolts! Big surprise, a UK company folded immediately to the slightest pressure. Stiff upper lip? Not so much anymore I guess.

Gustav Schuchardt

kiwifarms.net
Big surprise, a UK company folded immediately to the slightest pressure. Stiff upper lip? Not so much anymore I guess.
It's Waitrose. They cater to the same market Whole Foods does in the US. And they're very sensitive to pressure from the idle rich woke hipster brigade. Some freelancer pitched a series of articles on vegan food to their magazine editor, he wrote a rude email back and was promptly sacked. In an odd sort of way I can see their point given their customer base.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/oct/31/waitrose-magazine-editor-william-sitwell-steps-down-over-email-mocking-vegans

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6329981/How-series-killing-vegans-one-one-Waitrose-Food-editor-responds-vegans-pitch.html

http://archive.li/yZ4PS

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
UK supermarket pulls 'racist' chocolate Easter ducklings after Twitter cunt complains. I bet if they'd labelled the white one 'ugly' no one would have complained.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1111754/waitrose-dark-chocolate-easter-ducklings-racism-row-ugly
http://archive.li/V5NYt
They would have been right in calling the white one ugly.

Dark chocolate is the best.

Also, the writer of Victoria is upset that a much better show is killing her programme in the ratings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47853126

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

and gave me aids
kiwifarms.net
Also, the writer of Victoria is upset that a much better show is killing her programme in the ratings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47853126

Goodwin said: "It's a dark art, scheduling, and it can be very demoralising for people who have dedicated themselves to making something special to realise that for the scheduler your carefully-honed drama is nothing more than a line of sandbags against Bodyguard 2 or, in Victoria's case, Line of Duty."
Is this woman new to television? Does she not know that this is what EVERYONE deals with? Scheduling and marketing make or break any sort of media, that's been true from day one. I don't know any reason that someone would publish this meaningless drivel....

Does someone at BBC feel gross because a schlocky cop drama is beating a woke lady-powered historical drama? This article is bitching about their own channel's success.

Reactions: Smaug's Smokey Hole

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does someone at BBC feel gross because a schlocky cop drama is beating a woke lady-powered historical drama? This article is bitching about their own channel's success.
More than likely. I doubt the Beeb would write an article about how their Sunday Night 9pm show is doing much better than their biggest rival's as some kind of subtle brag in this case.

Jed Mercurio-ing intensifies

Graffiti canvas

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Because condom use is already enough of a pain in the ass, let's make it more cumbersome in the name of consent? I legitimately cannot think of why this needs to exist other than for a company to virtue signal. This implies it's to prevent sexual assault by requiring both parties to open the package. None of this logic applies to a situation where someone is committing sexual assault.

https://www.geek.com/tech/consent-condom-requires-four-hands-to-open-1782133/
It takes two to tango—and open this package of condoms.

A new “Consent Pack” requires four hands (or eight nimble fingers) simultaneously pressing buttons on each side of the box to unlock it.

Ad agency BBDO Argentina created the novel bundle for Tulipán, an Argentine sex toy retailer reminding folks of the importance of consent in sexual encounters.

“Tulipán has always spoken of safe pleasure, but for this campaign we understood that we had to talk about the most important thing in every sexual relationship—pleasure is possible only if you both give consent,” Joaquin Campins of BBDO said in a statement published by The Next Web.

“If it’s not a yes, it’s a no,” he added.

Don’t expect to pick up the intricate condom at a drugstore near you: The limited-edition contraceptives are available at bars and events across Buenos Aires

The curious concept is BBDO’s response to a recent survey revealing only 14.5 percent of local men regularly use a condom.

According to AHF Argentina, an organization campaigning for the rights of those living with HIV, 65 percent “occasionally” slip one on, and 20.5 percent admitted they never do.)

Tulipán plans to eventually sell its “Consent Pack” online, as reported by TNW.

The four-handed prophylactic is not to be confused with custom design firm Say It With a Condom’s “Consent Condoms,” designed to raise questions and start a conversation about understanding and compliance.

The easy-tear packaging, however, won’t stop unwanted advances.

Last year, Boston University researchers unveiled an auto-greasing rubber they hope will help put an end to unplanned pregnancies and infections.

Reactions: BScCollateral

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Because condom use is already enough of a pain in the ass, let's make it more cumbersome in the name of consent? I legitimately cannot think of why this needs to exist other than for a company to virtue signal. This implies it's to prevent sexual assault by requiring both parties to open the package. None of this logic applies to a situation where someone is committing sexual assault.
Who wears a condom to rape some bitch? Also if she has a knife to her throat she'll push whatever button you want.

niggers

GOT A FEELING I CAN'T SHAKE IT
kiwifarms.net
Covering your ass. Keep the box safe afterwards and when the #metoo allegations come you can let the police take the fingerprints of the buttons so you have clear evidence of explicit consent.
i was so ready to pass that whole thing off as an exceptional individual idea, but when you look at it as for men to be safe it's fucking genius

oldTireWater

Incompetent as fuck
kiwifarms.net
Florida Man didn't get rich by spending his money on stupid shit.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47868321

Florida man accused of shoplifting after buying $8m island

• 9 April 2019
Andrew Lippi stands accused of stealing about $300 worth of household goods
A Florida man has been arrested for shoplifting at a supermarket, shortly after he bought a multi-million-dollar private island.

Andrew Lippi is accused of stealing about $300 (£230) worth of goods from a Kmart department store, the Key West Police Department reported.

Mr Lippi had made headlines days earlier by purchasing Thompson Island off Key West for $8m (£6.13m).

He denied the allegations and blamed it on a "commercial dispute".

Mr Lippi allegedly stole items, including LED light bulbs and a $55 Hamilton Beach coffee maker, which he then "replaced with a much older coffee maker" and returned for a full refund.

Police said Mr Lippi also purchased a $150 coffee machine, came back with the box and was given a full refund. However, Kmart employees then noticed the returned box contained just a basketball, according to police.

"I asked Lippi about the Keurig coffee machine being replaced by a basketball, and he stated the clerk should have realised there was no coffee machine by the weight of the box," the arresting officer noted in the report.

Mr Lippi told the Miami Herald that the situation was down to "a commercial dispute".

"It's very complicated and I'd rather not get into it," he said.

"I will say this, that the way it was handled by Key West police and the Monroe County Sheriff's Department was wonderful - some of the finest people I've ever dealt with who were kind throughout the whole process."

Mr Lippi was released but is due to appear in court on 18 April, ABC News reports.

Rich and famous shoplifters
There are plenty of cases involving wealthy and successful people being caught shoplifting.

Hollywood star Winona Ryder was convicted in 2002 of shoplifting clothes worth $5,000 in Beverly Hills.

Actress Lindsay Lohan was ordered to do community service and a "shoplifting course" in 2011 after being caught shoplifting a $2,500 necklace.

In the UK, celebrity chef Antony Worrall Thompson was caught stealing onions, a sandwich, cheese and wine from a supermarket.

Experts say there are a number of possible reasons for why the rich and famous steal items they can afford.

Some, like Canadian psychologist Dr Will Cupchik, theorised that wealthy offenders are often attempting to temporarily fill a void - in a similar way to which people eat or drink too much - and struggle to comprehend their behaviour when caught.
However, classy people do not patronize KMart, not even to shoplift. Nouveau riche trash.

Gustav Schuchardt

kiwifarms.net
Alison Mack was adorable in Smallville

Now she's going to prison for incredibly heinous shit.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/celebrity/actress-allison-mack-pleads-guilty-to-charges-in-nxivm-sex-cult-case/ar-BBVJKQT?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Actress Allison Mack has pleaded guilty in the Nxivm sex cult case, having changed the not guilty plea she entered a year ago.

German-born Mack, 36, is facing charges including sex trafficking, identity fraud and money laundering for her alleged role in running a sex slave cult in Albany, New York.

Court papers allege the purported self-help group formed a secret society of women who were branded with the initials of the founder, Keith Raniere, and forced to have sex with him.

Mack was accused of being one of the leaders and recruiters to the cult, and jury selection for the trial began on Monday.

She pleaded not guilty in April 2018, but on Monday changed her plea in Brooklyn federal court.

She pleaded guilty to Counts one and two – racketeering conspiracy and racketeering.

She faces a maximum of 40 years in prison - 20 years on each count - when she is sentenced by Judge Garaufis on September 11.

Mack was charged along with Raneire, wealthy Seagram heiress Clare Bronfman, and the group's bookkeeper, Kathy Russell. All have pleaded not guilty.

Two other women charged in the case, former Nxivm executive Nancy Salzman and her daughter, Lauren, have already pleaded guilty.

Salzman admitted holding a women from Mexico hostage in an upstate home for more than two years under threat of having her deported "if she did not complete labor requested by myself and others," according to the court transcript.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino