Disaster Interesting clickbait, op-eds, fluff pieces and other smaller stories -

What should the prefix to this thread be?

• World

Votes: 102 17.2%
  • Science

Votes: 22 3.7%
  • Culture

Votes: 125 21.1%
  • Disaster

Votes: 344 58.0%

• Total voters

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
Death by majority vote?

Teenage girl kills herself 'after Instagram poll' in Malaysia
Police investigating after she asked her followers to choose death or life and 69% voted for death

Jamie Fullerton in Bangkok
@jamiefullerton1
Wed 15 May 2019 00.47 EDT Last modified on Wed 15 May 2019 02.09 EDT

A 16 year-old girl has reportedly killed herself in Malaysia, after posting a poll on her Instagram account asking followers if she should die or not, and 69% of responders voting that she should.

Police in the east Malaysia state Sarawak said the girl, who has not been named, posted the poll on the photo sharing app with the message: “Really Important, Help Me Choose D/L”. After most responders voted for “death”, she killed herself.

Her death prompted a lawyer to suggest that those who voted for her to die could be guilty of abetting suicide.

Ramkarpal Singh, a lawyer and MP in the north-western state of Penang, said: “Would the girl still be alive today if the majority of netizens on her Instagram account discouraged her from taking her own life? Would she have heeded the advice of netizens to seek professional help had they done so?

“Did the encouragement of those netizens actually influence her decision to take her own life? Since attempted suicide is an offence in this country, it follows that abetting one to attempt suicide may be, too.”

Malaysia’s youth and sports minister, Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman, said the tragedy highlighted the need for national-level discussions about mental health in the country. “I am genuinely worried about the state of our youth’s mental health,” he said. “It’s a national issue which must be taken seriously.”

In February Instagram announced that it will launch “sensitivity screens” to block images of self-harm. The move followed the death of British teenager Molly Russell, whose parents believe saw images of suicide and self-harm on the app before she took her own life in 2017, aged 14.

Ching Yee Wong, Head of Communications, Instagram APAC, said: “Our thoughts and prayers are with this young woman’s family.”

“We have a deep responsibility to make sure people using Instagram feel safe and supported. As part of our own efforts, we urge everyone to use our reporting tools and to contact emergency services if they see any behaviour that puts people’s safety at risk.”

Crisis support services can be reached 24 hours a day. In the UK and Irish Republic, contact Samaritans on 116 123. In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255. In Australia, Lifeline is 13 11 14. Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
Right, so now we're to the point where the chickens have come home to roost and you're discovering that doing your best to destroy male identity has produced inconvenient results. I guess I'll settle for this as it was clear the whole "empathy" angle was never going to fucking fly anyway. What happened to not needing no man, ladies? Don't tell me you had a pang of conscience, that's not in your wheelhouses.

Sīn the Moon Daddy

🌙 Time and Tide
kiwifarms.net
Right, so now we're to the point where the chickens have come home to roost and you're discovering that doing your best to destroy male identity has produced inconvenient results. I guess I'll settle for this as it was clear the whole "empathy" angle was never going to fucking fly anyway. What happened to not needing no man, ladies? Don't tell me you had a pang of conscience, that's not in your wheelhouses.
I think they finally realized that men have better hair (at least while we have it) and are just riven with jealousy.

On a more serious note I think we over-conditioned boys to resist aggressive impulses in our endless quest to create a better man. Believe me I'm not any happier than you are to see this endless variety of softies and fatsos.

On the other hand, I have no idea what anyone expected to happen. It really is obvious that if you raise a bunch of men telling them that masculinity is dangerous and unappealing to women then don't be surprised when they decide that becoming more effeminate is the answer.

Then we always have our incels, who rather than adapting in a harmful way just choose not to adapt to a changing society at all and wallow in their own misery.

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
I think they finally realized that men have better hair (at least while we have it) and are just riven with jealousy.

On a more serious note I think we over-conditioned boys to resist aggressive impulses in our endless quest to create a better man. Believe me I'm not any happier than you are to see this endless variety of softies and fatsos.

On the other hand, I have no idea what anyone expected to happen. It really is obvious that if you raise a bunch of men telling them that masculinity is dangerous and unappealing to women then don't be surprised when they decide that becoming more effeminate is the answer.

Then we always have our incels, who rather than adapting in a harmful way just choose not to adapt to a changing society at all and wallow in their own misery.
When the healthiest option for most boys and men is rendered verboten and tamped down on as much as possible in as many parts of society as possible it's inevitable that maladaptive solutions become more popular. Everyone has choices to make, so to speak (and this includes the incels) but it shouldn't surprise anyone that poor choices are made when better choices are called toxic.

Far Queue

kiwifarms.net
Australian Koalas Considered Functionally Extinct

Somebody from Australia please verify this claim.
Koalas deserve to die off anyway. They're the world's stupidest animal. If you pick the eucalyptus leaves off of a tree for them and put them in a food dish the Koala is too stupid to realize that they're food and won't eat them. They have to have the leaves on the tree or they can't figure it out. Eucalyptus is absolute shit in terms of nutritional value as well so Koalas sleep more than cats do because they would otherwise burn through more energy than they could possibly consume with their diet.

Despite being functionally exceptional, that wasn't the only cruel joke that evolution played on them. Unlike most other animals that chew a lot and either grow new sets of teeth as the old ones fall out or have teeth that don't stop growing, Koalas always keep the same set of teeth, so after their teeth wear out from chewing on shitty Eucalyptus leaves every day, they just starve to death because they can't chew any more.

They also all pretty much have Chlamydia as well. Part of the reason the rate is so high is that mothers spread it to their infant young when they start eating pap, which is a nicer way of saying shit out eucalyptus, when they stop drinking tard cum. So not only do they have to go through life as an STD-riddled salad eater with the mental capabilities of a petrol huffing abo that eventually starves to death, but they also literally eat shit for a good part of their adolescence.

Koalas are proof that god is real and that he's a sick and twisted fuck that delights in the misery of his creation.

Sīn the Moon Daddy

🌙 Time and Tide
kiwifarms.net
Unlike most other animals that chew a lot and either grow new sets of teeth as the old ones fall out or have teeth that don't stop growing, Koalas always keep the same set of teeth, so after their teeth wear out from chewing on shitty Eucalyptus leaves every day, they just starve to death because they can't chew any more.
Not to be a buzzkill but that's an issue primates have too. Then again primates are also smart enough to mash up fruit when their teeth fall out so whatevs.

AnOminous

FIST FUCK
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
It's hard to grasp how an animal this stupid, hyper-specialized, and completely unable to adapt has even managed to live this long. I'm sure that unlike less cute completely useless animals, there will be plenty of these things kept alive in captivity.

It's not like there's some vitally important ecological niche for nearly brainless eucalyptus leaf eaters. They're actually so dumb that not only do they only eat one food, they only eat something like 5% of the kinds of eucalyptus out there, and on top of that eucalyptus is poisonous, even to them. They can OD on it and die.

AnOminous

FIST FUCK
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Honestly it sounds like a miserable existence. Evolution doesn't take comfort and happiness into account though.
That's probably why they're vicious, bite anything that gets near them, and only communicate by making godawful, horrible screeching noises like the howls of the damned.

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!
kiwifarms.net
That's probably why they're vicious, bite anything that gets near them, and only communicate by making godawful, horrible screeching noises like the howls of the damned.

how tf do these things even mate? they're too stupid to be able to climb out of the tree to find the opposite sex. If they just mate in the same tree they're born in, wouldn't that lead to deathly complications (moreso than being a fucking koala) from inbreeding fairly quickly?

• Feels
Reactions: AnOminous

Lissamine Green

Spiteful Chicken Eater
kiwifarms.net

Good Lord is that also them making that evil pig noise at the end? Or is that some other hellish Aussie beast off camera?

Late edit: the exact moment the shit talker koala began to regret talking shit.

Last edited:

AnOminous

FIST FUCK
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino