Disaster Interesting clickbait, op-eds, fluff pieces and other smaller stories -

• The Kiwi Farms is running a Fediverse Node, which is like Twitter but decentralized between many individual providers, similar to email. Feel free to sign up and follow me. There are many more services we federate with, and you will see all that content with one account. (Feedback thread.)

Maintenance is concluded.

What should the prefix to this thread be?

• World

Votes: 91 17.1%
  • Science

Votes: 19 3.6%
  • Culture

Votes: 114 21.4%
  • Disaster

Votes: 308 57.9%

• Total voters

Sīn the Moon Daddy

🌙 Time and Tide
kiwifarms.net
I wonder how high up in the company these pedophiles are? Brian Peck, Stoney Westmoreland, Jon Heely, etc. I bet we'll never find out the organizer of the Disney pedo ring (whose probably involved in other Hollywood pedo rings) until the fucker croaks, and then we'll have our very own American Jimmy Savile.
In these cases it's best to cast a wide net.

If you're giving money to Hollywood, you're supporting pedophilia.

Ashenthorn

Pricker bush
kiwifarms.net

Can someone translate this for me?

We've seen too many times orgasmic events happening in Detroit and other POC populated cities and what consistently happens is people outside of the community benefiting most from affordable ticket prices because of their proximity to wealth.

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

do you are have stupid
kiwifarms.net

detroit is a shithole city full of poor shithole people
some people organized an event locally to help revitalize the local economy
organizers want to virtue signal so they charge white people higher attendance price
some people don't like this illegal discrimination and pull out
openly hating white people is cool

niggers

GOT A FEELING I CAN'T SHAKE IT
kiwifarms.net
We've seen too many times orgasmic events happening in Detroit
well i'd say the problem is all the non-consensual orgasmic events occurring in detroit that scare the wealth away, but sure, wyppo b crazy works too

Graffiti canvas

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Oh this whole thing is amazing...

"From the wakanda that is Detroit" :story:

And this whole paragraph is a trainwreck from their website (the misspellings are exactly as they're published):

WHY DO WE HAVE POC(PEOPLE OF COLOR) AND NONPOC(WHITE PEOPLE) TICKETS? I'M GLAD YOU ASKED!

EQUALITY MEANS TREATING EVERYONE THE SAME

EQUITY IS INSURING EVERYONE HAS WHAT THEY NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL

OUR TICKET STRUCTURE WAS BUILT TO INSURE THAT THE MOST MARGINALIZED COMMUNITIES (PEOPLE OF COLOR) ARE PROVIDED WITH AN EQUITABLE CHANCE AT ENJOYING EVENTS IN THEIR OWN COMMUNITY (BLACK DETROIT).

AFFORDING JOY AND PLEASURE IS UNFORTUNATELY STILL A PRIVILEGE IN OUR SOCIETY FOR POC AND WE BELIEVE EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE ACCESS TO RECEIVING SUCH.

WE'VE SEEN TOO MANY TIMES ORGASMIC EVENTS HAPPENING IN DETROIT AND OTHER POC POPULATED CITIES AND WHAT CONSISTENTLY HAPPENS IS PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF THE COMMUNITY BENEFITING MOST FROM AFFORDABLE TICKET PRICES BECAUSE OF THEIR PROXIMITY TO WEALTH.

THIS CYCLE DISPROPORTIONATELY DISPLACES BLACK AND BROWN PEOPLE FROM ENJOYING ENTERTAINMENT IN THEIR OWN COMMUNITIES.

AS AN AFROFUTURIST YOUTH LEAD INITIATIVE THE VOICES OF OUR YOUTH INFORM OUR RESISTANCE.

HERE'S WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY

" IF YOU DON'T SEE MY BLACKNESS, YOU DON'T SEE ME. PERIODT!"

Last edited:

Piga Dgrifm

Where are those good old fashioned values?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The artist who pulled out is being cancelled now:

Last edited:

murgatroid

kiwifarms.net
Since I can no longer make threads I'm gonna post this here.

A Melania Trump tree statue gets mixed reviews in her Slovenian hometown

Melania Trump has made a surprise reappearance near her Slovenian hometown of Sevnica, emerging from a tree stump in the form of a rustic wood statue.

While the sleepy town of 5,000 has profited from its most famous daughter -- placing itself firmly on the tourist trail, selling a range of Melania-themedproducts including honey, chocolate and cake -- the US first lady's latest reincarnation has divided opinion.

US artist Brad Downey commissioned the life-size statue from local chainsaw sculptor Ales Zupevc, better known as Maxi, who was born in the same year and same hospital as the first lady, but whose life took a very different path.

The creation of the sculpture forms part of a documentary filmed by Downey, which was presented as part of his latest exhibition, "Slow Motion Disasters," at the Kunstraum Kreuzberg/Bethanien gallery in Berlin. The documentary will also be shown at his exhibition in the Slovenian capital Ljubljana.

For the film, Downey spent several months filming interviews with Maxi around the town, creating an intimate impression of the first lady's roots in the alpine country, and the life of an individual still living there, he told CNN.

"I don't know her personally, but she's my age," Maxi says in the film. "We were both born in April. All the more reason to make the statue. Being born the same year, the same month. She might come and see the thing. She might like it."

Maxi acknowledges the sharp divergence of his and Melania's lives, despite the fact they came from the same humble roots. "Let's face it, she owns half of America while I have nothing," he says.

Nadia Pilchowski, a curator at the gallery, notes that the film offers a "personal portrait of Maxi and his thoughts about Slovenia, the USA, Europe, immigration and class division."

"Through these interviews the film attempts to capture the spirit of Slovenia, which seems to be mirrored in Maxi's interactions with his family, environment and his feelings about art, God, love and country," she writes in a foreword to the exhibition."By focusing on one working class man's portrayal of a public and internationally known personality, the film offers insights on local and global problems and policies illuminated by the USA and Europe and beyond."

The sculpture was carved on a plinth of a linden tree in a field on the outskirts of Rozno, a village about five miles from Sevnica.

The work does not attempt to create an exact likeness of the American first lady, but rather hints at her appearance.

She has been carved wearing a pale blue wraparound outfit, mirroring the one she wore to the inauguration of her husband, President Donald Trump, in 2017.

Downey told CNN that he was inspired to create the piece due to what he calls the "anti-immigration narrative" coming out of the US and from Donald Trump in particular. He noted that it was a "blatant contradiction" to have a president, who has made halting immigration a cornerstone of his presidency, married to an immigrant whose first language is not English.

He also claimed that the work is the first monument in the world dedicated to this first lady.

Despite Downey's political message behind the work, the sculpture has received mixed reviews from locals.
"If the monument was meant to be a parody, then the artist has been successful," one individual told Agence France-Presse. "We in Sevnica can only laugh and, at the same time, hold our heads in our hands over their (the Trumps') catastrophic reputation."
Another individual wrote on Instagram: "So sad that you killed a beautiful, healthy, carbon-sequestering tree for selfish and self-serving reasons."
The project has nevertheless received positive responses from fans. "Brad, I think this is my favorite project of yours," one individual wrote on Instagram.

I for one love the new statue. I'm wondering what those white drip stains going down her dress are...

Since I can no longer make threads I'm gonna post this here.

A Melania Trump tree statue gets mixed reviews in her Slovenian hometown

View attachment 831584

Melania Trump has made a surprise reappearance near her Slovenian hometown of Sevnica, emerging from a tree stump in the form of a rustic wood statue.

While the sleepy town of 5,000 has profited from its most famous daughter -- placing itself firmly on the tourist trail, selling a range of Melania-themedproducts including honey, chocolate and cake -- the US first lady's latest reincarnation has divided opinion.

US artist Brad Downey commissioned the life-size statue from local chainsaw sculptor Ales Zupevc, better known as Maxi, who was born in the same year and same hospital as the first lady, but whose life took a very different path.

The creation of the sculpture forms part of a documentary filmed by Downey, which was presented as part of his latest exhibition, "Slow Motion Disasters," at the Kunstraum Kreuzberg/Bethanien gallery in Berlin. The documentary will also be shown at his exhibition in the Slovenian capital Ljubljana.

For the film, Downey spent several months filming interviews with Maxi around the town, creating an intimate impression of the first lady's roots in the alpine country, and the life of an individual still living there, he told CNN.

"I don't know her personally, but she's my age," Maxi says in the film. "We were both born in April. All the more reason to make the statue. Being born the same year, the same month. She might come and see the thing. She might like it."

Maxi acknowledges the sharp divergence of his and Melania's lives, despite the fact they came from the same humble roots. "Let's face it, she owns half of America while I have nothing," he says.

Nadia Pilchowski, a curator at the gallery, notes that the film offers a "personal portrait of Maxi and his thoughts about Slovenia, the USA, Europe, immigration and class division."

"Through these interviews the film attempts to capture the spirit of Slovenia, which seems to be mirrored in Maxi's interactions with his family, environment and his feelings about art, God, love and country," she writes in a foreword to the exhibition."By focusing on one working class man's portrayal of a public and internationally known personality, the film offers insights on local and global problems and policies illuminated by the USA and Europe and beyond."

The sculpture was carved on a plinth of a linden tree in a field on the outskirts of Rozno, a village about five miles from Sevnica.

The work does not attempt to create an exact likeness of the American first lady, but rather hints at her appearance.

She has been carved wearing a pale blue wraparound outfit, mirroring the one she wore to the inauguration of her husband, President Donald Trump, in 2017.

Downey told CNN that he was inspired to create the piece due to what he calls the "anti-immigration narrative" coming out of the US and from Donald Trump in particular. He noted that it was a "blatant contradiction" to have a president, who has made halting immigration a cornerstone of his presidency, married to an immigrant whose first language is not English.

He also claimed that the work is the first monument in the world dedicated to this first lady.

View attachment 831579

Despite Downey's political message behind the work, the sculpture has received mixed reviews from locals.
"If the monument was meant to be a parody, then the artist has been successful," one individual told Agence France-Presse. "We in Sevnica can only laugh and, at the same time, hold our heads in our hands over their (the Trumps') catastrophic reputation."
Another individual wrote on Instagram: "So sad that you killed a beautiful, healthy, carbon-sequestering tree for selfish and self-serving reasons."
The project has nevertheless received positive responses from fans. "Brad, I think this is my favorite project of yours," one individual wrote on Instagram.

View attachment 831580

View attachment 831581

I for one love the new statue. I'm wondering what those white drip stains going down her dress are...
Haha, he won't admit he was trying to make a virgin mary statue and fucked up? I wonder if he's related to the lady behind this masterpiece:

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
That guy discovered then Lucy wasn't in the sky with diamonds.

This was one very bad -- and violent -- acid trip.
A man in California was shot by police on the Fourth of July after a drug-fueled rampageleft eight people injured and a vehicle lodged in a rental home.
The Sonoma County Sheriff's Office said in a news release the suspect, 32-year-old Betai Koffi, is charged with two counts of attempted murder, three counts of assault with a deadly weapon and one charge of carjacking for the incidents leading up to the officer-involved shooting.
Koffi, of San Francisco, was staying with five "longtime friends" who had rented a home in Bodega Bay for the Independence Day holiday weekend and arrived on Wednesday.
WISCONSIN MAN RUNNING NAKED IN PARKING LOT ON 'TONS OF ACID,' HE ALLEGEDLY TOLD COPS
During the day on Thursday, police said that Koffi consumed about two doses of the hallucinogenic drug LSD, also known as acid, and had become "delusional" by 3 p.m. around the home as friends had tried to calm him down. Between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m., Koffi then took two more doses of acid and, by 8 p.m., wanted to leave as his friends tried to stop him.
"Several members of his party took a half tab of acid, but Koffi took four doses of acid and he had a really bad trip with it," Sonoma County Sheriff's Sgt Spencer Crum told KTVU.
Timcast have more on the table.

And attacking with pencil one commenter posted a sarcastic comment.
We need sensible pencil control laws. Over 90% of the public are in favor of common-sense pencil control laws. There should be at least a 3-day waiting period, Before buying pencils.

BScCollateral

kiwifarms.net
Rampage with a garden light?

Obviously a copycat of the 2011 Hindi film Singham, where the protagonist goes nuts with a street lamp.

murgatroid

kiwifarms.net
Haha, he won't admit he was trying to make a virgin mary statue and fucked up? I wonder if he's related to the lady behind this masterpiece:
View attachment 831708
Hah, I can see the resemblance.

Being familiar with Brad Downey and his work I'm inclined to think it was done as a snarky tribute to the administration.

Chainsaw sculpture has the capacity to be quite amazing.

Attachments

• Agree
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

Otterly

Primark Primarch
kiwifarms.net
Teenager free climbs The Shard. Feels ‘godlike’ standing on top. The shard, for those non Brits, is an extremely tall, very smooth building in London.

I think I’d just feel the warm trickle of terrified urine down the leg, but all power to him, that’s an impressive feat.

Archive link : http://archive.li/ZNpLO

Lilac

kiwifarms.net
Two GERMAN rape gangs strike:
In Mallorca (the spanish media calls them "la manada alemana" -> "the german pack")...
...and in Germany. The 2nd gang consists of 5 boys aged 12(!)-14. The police suggest that they should skip school until summer vacations start. Truly a brutal punishment.
https://www.focus.de/panorama/welt/12-bis-14-jaehrige-unter-verdacht-frau-vergewaltigt-entsetzen-ueber-tat-in-muelheim_id_10904416.html (sorry, couldn't find an english source)
Vergewaltigung in Mülheim an der Ruhr: Kinder des Schreckens
Vergewaltigung auf Mallorca: Opfer (18) erneut forensisch untersucht

VanDerLubbe

kiwifarms.net
Two GERMAN rape gangs strike:
In Mallorca (the spanish media calls them "la manada alemana" -> "the german pack")...
...and in Germany. The 2nd gang consists of 5 boys aged 12(!)-14. The police suggest that they should skip school until summer vacations start. Truly a brutal punishment.
https://www.focus.de/panorama/welt/12-bis-14-jaehrige-unter-verdacht-frau-vergewaltigt-entsetzen-ueber-tat-in-muelheim_id_10904416.html (sorry, couldn't find an english source)
Their punishment should be a rape royale. Participant who commits the least rapes against each other in the allotted time frame is executed.

BlancoMailo

kiwifarms.net
Disneyland Fight Aggressors Facing Possible Criminal Charges After Video Goes Viral

A violent brawl at the happiest place on Earth may now end with criminal charges, after a video of the melee went viral.

The incident went down Saturday night in the Toontown section of Disneyland. According to witnesses, it began with an argument between family members and escalated into an all-out brawl.

According to the Anaheim Police Department, "All participants in the fight were identified after the fight broke out and APD responded to a call of a fight in Disneyland Park. "

A spokesperson for APD continued, "When we arrived, the parties were separated. It was determined they were all family members who were related to one another and they were all uncooperative and did not want anything done."

We're told a report was taken and everyone involved in the fight was asked to leave the park.

The video, which has been viewed thousands of times on YouTube, shows the altercation between two men, which quickly spirals out of control and ends with women being punched and spit on, and one of the aggressors getting choked out by a bystander.

Several people in the park filmed the fight on cellphones as Disneyland employees and security scrambled to break up the incident.

The police say, "There was no video available at the time. We became aware of the video late last night. Now that we have the video, detectives will be following up to see if any criminal charges can be filed."

The video will be a key piece of evidence for investigators and say, "Now we can use the video to piece together who did what to who since none of them would cooperate at the time."

Unclear at this time how many people involved in the fight may face possible arrest.

Disney officials said of the incident, "We do not condone this behavior."

Hatoful Dandy

Minstrel of Sorrow
kiwifarms.net
Interestingly, the chief of police says that Germany should consider lowering the age that they can prosecute juveniles. How often has something like this happened for someone to even suggest that?!

Also the kids are apparently Bulgarian.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino