Disaster Interesting clickbait, op-eds, fluff pieces and other smaller stories -

What should the prefix to this thread be?

• World

Votes: 101 16.9%
  • Science

Votes: 19 3.2%
  • Culture

Votes: 126 21.1%
  • Disaster

Votes: 352 58.9%

• Total voters

Tommy Wiseau Kin

Tommy's Planet
kiwifarms.net
The lion probably spend his entire life in captivity surrounded by humans so he was just confused why she was making weird movements instead of giving him food or scooping up his shit.

Probably not the reaction she was expecting .

:story:

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: TerribleIdeas™

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
kiwifarms.net
Man, this Dutch farmer protest was really poppin' off. Thousands of farmers in their tractors all descend upon on The Hague from all around the Netherlands. A lot of fun stuff on the hashtag #boerenprotest.

The worst traffic jam in the nation's history:

Feckless authorities tried to stop the tractor convoy with puny fencing, but the chad farmers were undeterred, either driving over them, or storming the beaches and flanking them. The only way this tractor pull could have been cooler is if Robosaurus was there eating cars and setting shit on fire.
Looks pretty badass

Reactions: greengrilledcheese

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net

Punjab man shot dead in Philippines, second death in family in 6 months
A 50-year-old man hailing from Hoshiarpur in Punjab was shot dead in Philippines's Manila.
ADVERTISEMENT

Manjeet Sehgal ChandigarhOctober 1, 2019UPDATED: October 1, 2019 22:38 IST

He was shot dead by unidentified assailants in Manila. (Representational Image)

A50-year-old man hailing from Hoshiarpur in Punjab was shot dead in Philippines's Manila.
The victim's brother told India Today TV that they received a call from one of his friends that he was shot dead by unidentified assailants in Manila.
"We received a call from one of his friends on Sunday that my brother Harbhajan Singh is no more as he has been killed by local goons," Narendra Kumar, the victim's brother, told India Today TV.
The victim's brother said that Harbhajan had gone to Philippines around one and half year ago and he was working with a local financer there. He said that his now deceased brother even married a Filipino lady and both were living happily.

The victim's family members have now requested the government to help them bring Harbhajan's body to India to perform last rites. Due to financial constraint, Harbhajan's family is not being able to bring his body back to Hoshiarpur.
The victim's family also said that they are finding it hard to cope up with the pain of his loss as this is the second death in the family in six months. Harbhajan's brother passed away six months back following prolonged illness.

theshep

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sydney Water found to have discriminated in 'lubricate' poster

A Sydney Water employee who unwittingly posed for a workplace safety poster beneath the slogan "Feel great - lubricate!" has won her anti-discrimination case against the utility company.
The NSW Anti-Discrimination Tribunal found on Tuesday that Sydney Water Corporation and Vitality Works Australia, which designed the poster, discriminated against the customer liaison officer by treating her differently to male employees and engaging in sexual harassment.
Reem Yelda agreed to have her photograph taken to promote the health and safety campaign SpineSafe in October 2015, little knowing how it would be used. When she saw her picture beneath the caption "Feel great - lubricate!" outside some men's toilets six months later she nearly collapsed, she told the tribunal.

"The poster humiliated and offended me," she said.

Then she started getting messages. "Great advice mate but a bit too much information for me," a colleague who worked in the sewers team texted. Another emailed: "Who's the chick in the photo??" When next she saw him, he shook his head in disapproval, she said.
Stephen Znautas, an engineer who worked with Ms Yelda, told the court she was "outstanding" in her ability to build relationships within a predominantly male workforce, and was empathetic and gregarious. But she rang him in tears in late April 2016, concerned the poster would be interpreted in a sexual way and she would lose respect among her colleagues.
"[Mr Znautas] stated that having been associated with manual labourers for a significant part of his career, he could see that [the poster] could be interpreted in a sexual way and could lead, in the worst case, to direct lewd comments, and more likely, to behind-the-back comments," the tribunal said.
Ms Yelda and another colleague individually complained about the poster to management, which took it down and apologised, acknowledging it "unfortunately contains a slogan that could be seen as offensive". But Ms Yelda did not return to work and took legal action against her former employer.
Employees for Vitality Works told the tribunal that lubricating the joints had been a key component of their training since 2010 and never been the subject of mirth. Posters used in previous campaigns that were tendered to court depicted male workers doing stretches beneath the same slogan.

For the Sydney Water campaign, a Vitality Works employee filling in for the regular designer said she decided to use images of male and female workers to promote workforce diversity.

But though two other templates featuring photographs of male employees were drawn up, there was no evidence that either of them had been printed.
The tribunal found they were also less suggestive of intimate sexual activity, since they also featured the words "Keep your joints lubricated to avoid wear and tear" in large type and the men were performing actual mobility exercises.
Ms Yelda was standing alone against a red background, with one hand raised towards the word "lubricate". "In our view, the display of a poster in the workplace of an employee, if it makes sexually suggestive remarks about an employee, or holds up such employee to possible embarrassment or humiliation of a sexual nature, can amount to sexual harassment of the employee," the tribunal found.

"We come to the conclusion that a reasonable person would have anticipated that Ms Yelda would be, at least, offended or humiliated by the poster."
A further hearing will be held to determine damages.
Vitality Works changed the SpineSafe campaign slogan in April 2017 to "Move to Improve".
ezgif-3-f31956b9ebfd.jpg

https://kiwifarms.net/javascript%3Avoid(0);

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
The lion probably spend his entire life in captivity surrounded by humans so he was just confused why she was making weird movements instead of giving him food or scooping up his shit.

What was the reaction she could be expecting? I refuse to believe she was expecting the lion to actually jump on her and eat her.

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

I'll get my humanity and my sanity back.
kiwifarms.net

Next week from buzzfeed: "Lions are racist and why it is the fault of toxic white masculinity"

Dracula's Spirit Animal

One time, I accidentally ate a bunch of nails
kiwifarms.net

>Insert Harambe joke here

Woman climbs into lion exhibit at Bronx Zoo and taunts animal, video shows

A woman visiting the Bronx Zoo in New York climbed into a lion enclosure and stood feet away from one of the wild animals, appearing to taunt it, according to video of the incident and the zoo.

Videos show the woman standing in front of the lion in the African lion exhibit before breaking into a little dance and waving. The lion stands almost motionless, staring at her.

The zoo confirmed the incident happened on Saturday, but did not identify the woman.

"This action was a serious violation and unlawful trespass that could have resulted in serious injury or death," said a statement from the Bronx Zoo. "Barriers and rules are in place to keep both visitors, staff and animals safe. We have a zero tolerance policy on trespass and violation of barriers."

Poor fucking kitty. Talk about adding insult to injury. First, forced to spend his life in a cage, then having some fat nigger taunt you. Sad.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net

A woman visiting the Bronx Zoo in New York climbed into a lion enclosure and stood feet away from one of the wild animals, appearing to taunt it, according to video of the incident and the zoo.

Videos show the woman standing in front of the lion in the African lion exhibit before breaking into a little dance and waving. The lion stands almost motionless, staring at her.

The zoo confirmed the incident happened on Saturday, but did not identify the woman.

"This action was a serious violation and unlawful trespass that could have resulted in serious injury or death," said a statement from the Bronx Zoo. "Barriers and rules are in place to keep both visitors, staff and animals safe. We have a zero tolerance policy on trespass and violation of barriers."

I heard about this, but hadn't seen the video. I thought it was some white eco-warrior/ALF/PETA/idiot hippie.

Gustav Schuchardt

Trans exclusionary radical feminazi.
kiwifarms.net
I like the way the lion looks like he's thinking 'Can I eat her or is this some sort of human trap to get me killed by lethal injection?'

1570038955050.png

I think we need a rule that says if people climb into the animal enclosure and the animals kill them, the animals don't get destroyed. Basically we need to Fair Game the trespassing humans.

To put my cards on the table I'm generally on the side of the charismatic megafauna when it comes up against humans, which I despise. However, I think a general 'You will be eaten by lions' platform is not yet politically acceptable. I regard fair gaming the humans which intrude into zoo enclosures to be something which could be done now as a sort of thin end of the wedge.

I've joined the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement and found many people who do agree with a 'You will be eaten by lions' platform, so long as the 'you' doesn't include themselves.

Last edited:

Gustav Schuchardt

Trans exclusionary radical feminazi.
kiwifarms.net

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here's more on the Intelligence Community (IC) in Washington's shenanigans re the "whistleblower complaint".

The IC oversees about 17 intelligence-related agencies. The IC and the intel agencies get billions and billions of OUR tax dollars. And now we've caught the IC in Washington deceiving us. The IC has been weaponized by the Democrats and the "deep state". But we are now wise to them.

If I was President Trump, I'd clean house at the IC in Washington. He should no longer expect that intelligence reports received are correct or even true. Who knows what the IC may do next - fabricate a hot piece of intelligence that leads us into unwarranted military action? Don't believe we can trust the IC or put anything past them any more.

Just a damned shame. The IC in Washington has profaned the service and sacrifice of thousands of American men and women, some of whom go into harm's way, who work 24/7/365 to gather the information that becomes intelligence.

Intel Community Admission Of Whistleblower Changes Raises Explosive New Questions

In a press release issued late Monday, the intelligence community inspector general admitted it changed its policy and its whistleblower form after an anti-Trump complainant alleged that Trump broke the law during a phone call with the Ukrainian president.

By Sean Davis October 1, 2019

On Monday, the intelligence community inspector general (ICIG) admitted that it did alter its forms and policies governing whistleblower complaints, and that it did so in response to the anti-Trump complaint filed on Aug. 12, 2019. The Federalist first reported the sudden changes last Friday. While many in the media falsely claimed the ICIG’s stunning admission debunked The Federalist’s report, the admission from the ICIG completely affirmed the reporting on the secretive change to whistleblower rules following the filing of an anti-Trump complaint in August.
The ICIG also disclosed for the first time that the anti-Trump complainant filed his complaint using the previously authorized form, the guidance for which explicitly stated the ICIG’s previous requirement for firsthand evidence for credible complaints. The Federalist reported last week that it was not known which form, if any, the complainant used, as the complaint that was declassified and released to the public last week was written as a letter to the two chairmen of the congressional intelligence committees.

Under the law governing whistleblower complaints for members of the intelligence community, the inspector general has near-total authority to determine whether a complaint is credible or not. The law is silent on what type of evidence is required and leaves that decision entirely to the discretion of the inspector general. As a result, the internal policies set by the ICIG’s office are the regulatory rules governing the examination of whistleblower complaints. Because of this wide discretion granted under the law, the ICIG’s internal changes to its own policies and guidance regarding firsthand evidence — which the ICIG admitted to in its press release on Monday — directly impacted its treatment of the anti-Trump complaint filed in August.

In its press release, the ICIG also explicitly admitted it changed its policies because of the anti-Trump complaint, raising significant questions about whether the watchdog cooked its own books to justify its treatment of the anti-Trump complaint:
In the process of reviewing and clarifying those forms, and in response to recent press inquiries regarding the instant whistleblower complaint, the ICIG understood that certain language in those forms and, more specifically, the informational materials accompanying the forms, could be read — incorrectly — as suggesting that whistleblowers must possess first-hand information in order to file an urgent concern complaint with the congressional intelligence committees.
The ICIG’s claim that it would have been incorrect to perceive a requirement for firsthand information is bizarre considering the previous version of the form clearly stated in unambiguous language that firsthand evidence was required in order for “urgent concern” whistleblower complaints to be deemed credible. It said, in bold, underlined, all-caps text, “FIRST-HAND INFORMATION REQUIRED”:

Because the complaint did not allege wrongdoing against a member of the intelligence community (the president of the United States is an elected constitutional officer, not an employee of a statutory agency), did not allege wrongdoing with regard to an intelligence activity (a phone call between two elected world leaders is basic diplomacy, not the execution of a statutorily required intelligence activity), and relied primarily on hearsay rather than firsthand evidence, both the director of national intelligence (DNI) and the Department of Justice Office of Legal Counsel determined that the anti-Trump complaint was not an “urgent concern” under the law and was therefore not required to be transmitted to the relevant congressional committees. In spite of those determinations, the ICIG on its own and after revising its internal guidance and policies regarding firsthand evidence decided the complaint did qualify as an “urgent concern” and forwarded the anti-Trump complaint to Congress.

The ICIG did not inform the DNI of the existence of the anti-Trump complaint until Aug. 26 and did not inform Congress of the complaint until Sept. 9. On Sept. 13, the DNI informed Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., who chairs the House Intelligence Committee, that the complaint did not meet the statutory definition of an “urgent concern” and would therefore not be shared with Congress. The complaint was formally declassified by the president for release to the public on Sept. 25.

This timeline raises significant questions about the rationale for the rule changes by the ICIG, as it would be improbable, except in the case of illegal classified leaks, for the press to have inquired about the anti-Trump complaint in August, when the revisions to the forms and policies were claimed to have been formally made, according to markings on the new whistleblower forms which claim they were revised in August of 2019. While the previous forms requiring firsthand evidence show they were approved on May 24, 2018, the new forms do not disclose the specific date of the revision. If the ICIG did not inform the congressional committees of the particular whistleblower complaint until Sept. 9 and did not transmit the letter until Sept. 13, how could any members of the media have inquired back in August about the specific anti-Trump complaint or its relation to the previous requirement for firsthand information in whistleblower complaints?

The ICIG in its press release also failed to disclose when precisely its whistleblower forms and rules were changed, despite top lawmakers on oversight committees in both chambers specifically requesting that information. The specific date of the changes to internal evidentiary requirements is essential to determining whether the ICIG changed its own policies and procedures to justify forwarding to Congress a complaint that under the previous standard may not have been deemed credible.

The president’s release of the transcript of his July 25 call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky revealed that numerous allegations within the complaint filed with the ICIG were false. For example, the complainant falsely alleged that Trump demanded Zelensky return multiple servers from CrowdStrike, an IT contractor for the Democratic National Committee, that were physically located in Ukraine. Trump made no such demand. The complainant also alleged that Trump urged Zelensky to either hire or retain a particular government prosecutor in Ukraine. That exchange never happened. Additionally, the complainant alleged that a specific State Department official had listened in on the phone call between the two leaders. The State Department stated last week that particular official did not listen in on the phone call.

The anti-Trump complaint that was released last week, which congressional Democrats are using as the basis for impeachment proceedings against the president, is riddled not with evidence directly viewed by the complainant, but repeated references to what anonymous officials allegedly told the complainant: “I have received information from multiple U.S. Government officials,” “officials have informed me,” “officials with direct knowledge of the call informed me,” “the White House officials who told me this information,” “I was told by White House officials,” “the officials I spoke with,” “I was told that a State Department official,” “I learned from multiple U.S. officials,” “One White House official described this act,” “Based on multiple readouts of these meetings recounted to me,” “I also learned from multiple U.S. officials,” “The U.S. officials characterized this meeting,” “multiple U.S. officials told me,” “I learned from U.S. officials,” “I also learned from a U.S. official,” “several U.S. officials told me,” “I heard from multiple U.S. officials,” and “multiple U.S. officials told me.”

In fact, the ICIG admitted in its Aug. 26 letter to the DNI that its office never even reviewed the transcript of Trump’s phone call with Zelensky prior to determining whether the complainants hearsay allegations about the phone call were credible.

“As part of its preliminary review, the ICIG did not request access to records of the President’s July 25, 2019, call with the Ukrainian President,” Michael Atkinson, the ICIG, wrote.

“I decided that access to records of the telephone call was not necessary to make my determination that the complaint relating to the urgent concern ‘appears credible,’” he stated.

Although the ICIG stated in its Monday press release that the complainant claimed on his whistleblower form to be in possession of firsthand evidence of criminality by Trump, the complaint released to the public contains no such firsthand evidence. A congressional official told The Federalist on Monday that the House Intelligence Committee has not received the underlying whistleblower complaint form submitted by the anti-Trump complainant.
Michael Atkinson, the ICIG, is slated to testify under oath before the House Intelligence Committee later this week.

Sean Davis is the co-founder of The Federalist.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/10/01/intel-community-admission-of-whistleblower-changes-raises-explosive-new-questions/

Michael K. Atkinson (born May 16, 1964) is an American attorney. He worked for the United States Department of Justice for about 15 years before becoming the second Inspector General of the Intelligence Community. He assumed office on May 17, 2018.

Atkinson became Inspector General of the Intelligence Community (ICIG) in May 2018.[1] He was nominated to the position in November 2017 by President Donald Trump,[7] and was confirmed by the United States Senate by voice vote on May 14, 2018.[8] At his confirmation hearings, Atkinson indicated that he would bring order to the troubled ICIG's office, which had a reputation for dysfunction, and pledged to revive a whistleblower program that had become virtually defunct under the previous Inspector General,[9] saying that he would "encourage, operate, and enforce a program for authorized disclosures by whistleblowers within the intelligence community that validates moral courage without compromising national security and without retaliation."[4] Restoring the whistleblower program was a major priority among members of the Senate Intelligence Committee.[9]

In August 2019, Atkinson, as inspector general, received a formal complaint from a whistleblower within the U.S. Intelligence Community who stated that he or she had learned, in the course of normal duties, that Trump had abused his power "to solicit interference from a foreign country in the 2020 U.S. election," specifically by pressuring a foreign government (Ukraine) to investigate a domestic political rival.[10][11] The whistleblower, a Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) officer detailed to the White House,[12] submitted the report to Atkinson under the provisions of the Intelligence Community Whistleblower Protection Act (ICWPA).[13]

Atkinson looked into the complaint, and interviewed several government officials whom the whistleblower identified as having information to substantiate his claims.[12] On August 26, having found the complaint to be both "credible" and "of urgent concern" (as defined by the ICWPA), Atkinson transmitted the complaint to Joseph Maguire, the acting Director of National Intelligence (DNI).[14] Under ICWPA, the DNI "shall" forward a complaint deemed credible and of urgent concern, within seven days of receipt, to the Senate and House Intelligence Committees. The Trump administration, however, withheld the complaint from Congress; Steven Engel of the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel issued a memo saying that the acting DNI did not need to give the complaint to Congress because, in his view, the complaint was not related to "an intelligence activity" under the acting DNI's authority.[15][16][17]

Clashing with Maguire,[5] Atkinson himself notified Congress about the existence of the whistleblower report.[18] In a letter to the House Intelligence Committee, Atkinson said that he and Maguire were "at an impasse"[5] and wrote that "As it now stands, my unresolved differences with the Acting DNI are affecting the execution of two of my most important duties and responsibilities" (to whistleblowers and to Congress).[9] The Trump administration eventually released the complaint[10][11] following demands for its release from the Senate[19] and House.[20] The complaint's revelations prompted the launch of a House impeachment inquiry against Trump.[21] The whistleblower complaint brought public attention to Atkinson, who previously was a little-known official.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Atkinson_(Inspector_General)

https://thefederalist.com/2019/10/01/intel-community-admission-of-whistleblower-changes-raises-explosive-new-questions/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Atkinson_(Inspector_General)

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Could have been worse. She could have started twerking. Maybe then the lion would have come over to get a big bite of that fat ass.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino