Disaster Interesting clickbait, op-eds, fluff pieces and other smaller stories -

What should the prefix to this thread be?

• World

Votes: 105 17.1%
  • Science

Votes: 19 3.1%
  • Culture

Votes: 129 21.0%
  • Disaster

Votes: 362 58.9%

• Total voters

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!
kiwifarms.net
Violent exceptionalism raises some interesting questions.

Mental health reform needs to be a thing. A severe autist with voices in his head stacked like Lenny needs to be strapped to a bed, but instead a no-lip Swede and sububan whites are screeching about how what we really need to fix an already minimized carbon footprint AND GUNS, DON'T FORGET THE GUNS.

6ft 300lb Lenny who probably should have been given a tard wrangler from the beginning punched and kicked an old man to death. Ban assault hands.

Oh wait. This is Detroit.

Bender

I bend stuff, usually the truth.
kiwifarms.net

AnOminous

I'm not mad at anyone, honest.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Reputable news website: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/vegan-reports-friends-who-fed-20546271

Original Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/devz7y/aita_for_going_to_the_police_over_a_prank/

I never thought I'd see the day where three people have charges filed against them because they bought someone chicken nuggets. Hopefully this is just one of those good old-fashioned bullshit posts that fill up Reddit nowadays.
What are even the conceivable fucking charges? It isn't something harmful. They didn't force them down her throat. There wasn't drugs or noxious substances in them. They didn't stick their dick in her mouth. She fucking ate a normal food. That's what happened.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: TerribleIdeas™

Bender

I bend stuff, usually the truth.
kiwifarms.net
What are even the conceivable fucking charges? It isn't something harmful. They didn't force them down her throat. There wasn't drugs or noxious substances in them. They didn't stick their dick in her mouth. She fucking ate a normal food. That's what happened.
"Tampering with food", according to the post, even though they didn't tamper with the food by adding anything she'd be allergic to or some shit like mega hot sauce (or even something harmless like top them with sauce), they just gave her totally normal chicken nuggets.

• Horrifying

LordofTendons

OW MAI LAIG
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well they uploaded a snapchat video making fun of her too; that's illegal!!

• Informative

AnOminous

I'm not mad at anyone, honest.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
"Tampering with food", according to the post, even though they didn't tamper with the food by adding anything she'd be allergic to or some shit like mega hot sauce (or even something harmless like top them with sauce), they just gave her totally normal chicken nuggets.
That's a real stretch. Cops need to quit humoring "waaaah they hurt my fee-fees" bitches.

• Optimistic

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

kiwifarms.net
Schizo stabs autist 85 times with a screwdriver in a group home.

Obviously the group home isn't working very hard if they're not giving the schizo his meds by force. The side effects are bad but some of it is schizo delusion that they're poison (literal poison). If he's fucking dysfunctional enough to be in a group home I imagine a couple rights (like to refuse medication) are waived.

Slick Willy

My wife has been legally dead since 1997.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I couldn't find a thread on this but apparently even a creature that's been dead for 65 million years isn't immune from virtue signaling

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.them.us/story/sue-the-t-rex-is-a-nonbinary-icon/amp

Sue got her name more or less from Sue Hendrickson the paleontologist who found her as stated in this earth article which isn't as painful as the them one, which also mentions it's possible sue was really female, but when it comes down to wire, Sue is a Fossil that we may never be able to tell exactly what gender it was when it was alive but there's no hiding the fact that the museum housing her is using their invaluable find of a nearly complete T-rex skeleton to virtue signal to the left.
I notice that most articles about Sue don't mention the incompetence displayed by the BLM when they left the skeleton outside, exposed to the elements and so easily damaged.

Additionally, it's a shame that the T-Rex wasn't pregnant so they could just check for medullary bone and then shut the hell up about this gender crap.

It's a shame they ruined a cute idea of having a Twitter account for a dinosaur skeleton by using it as a soapbox for irrelevant shit instead of focusing on actual education regarding science.

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

kiwifarms.net
You didn't even post the part about how it's like she swallowed every terf pill about how "every man ever is going to rape you and wants nothing more than to rape you" so she jumped the gun when he approached. AND then the fucking court ruled that "there was no reason he could have touched her other than sexual intent" because they ASSUMED he was going for her boob. He touched her, he didn't grab her arm and force himself on her. If someone does that you say "hey could you not do that?" because 99.9% of people aren't sickos who have rape on their mind, and most people aren't gonna rape you in a public fucking place. But I bet if he were a muzzie they'd let him go...
Good Lord Britain, what have you become?

Yellow Yam Scam

so stinkin cute
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
WPK Spares Nothing for People's Wellbeing

Pyongyang, October 9 (KCNA) -- It is the standard of calculation for the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) to spare nothing for the people's wellbeing.

From the first day of its founding, the WPK has set it as the overriding principle of its activities to steadily improve the people's livelihood and devoted its all to their wellbeing.

The history of the WPK run through with the spirit of devoted service to the people on the principle of absolutely prioritizing their interests is the one of the peerlessly great men's love for the people.

President Kim Il Sung visited Sangso-ri of the then Anju County in South Phyongan Province in autumn of Juche 65 (1976). He personally figured out the grain output of the farm and the expense for drawing water of Lake Yonphung into the farm. This work in calculation was like employing a steam hammer to crack a nut, but he took a state measure to draw water of the lake 10-odd kilometers distant from the farm.

In the late 1970s, Chairman Kim Jong Il acquainted himself with construction of a yeast workshop at the Pyongyang Wheat Flour Processing Factory. When an official showed a disposition to put it off for the tight financial difficulties, the Chairman said that nothing should be spared for the people's wellbeing.

Monumental edifices are now springing up like mushrooms after rain in the country under the energetic guidance of Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un who is working heart and soul for the people's happiness, true to the great leaders' noble intention.

Some years ago, an official in charge of the design for the Munsu Water Park reported the Supreme Leader on the construction expenses. The Supreme Leader said that we should spare nothing for the good of the people and guided the whole process of its construction.

Thanks to the WPK's standard of calculation for prioritizing the people's interests, the projects for sprucing up Samjiyon County at the foot of Mt Paektu and building the Wonsan Kalma coastal tourist area and the Yangdok hot-spring tourist area are being pushed forward at fast tempo in the country.

Zodiax

Probably a government plant
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ontario human rights tribunal orders employer to pay $120,000 in damages to worker it didn’t even hire

The Human Rights tribunal bullshit in Canada isn't just limited to Yaniv's balls.

A recent award from Ontario’s human rights tribunal should have employers carefully reviewing their HR policies and emailing their employment lawyers.
Muhammad Haseeb, a university graduate in engineering, has been awarded over $120,000 by the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario in a discrimination in employment application against Imperial Oil. What makes this case particularly interesting is that Haseeb never actually worked for Imperial Oil. The discrimination in question was the company’s reneging on a job offer.

The case involved a hiring policy requiring applicants to prove they were eligible to work in Canada on a permanent basis. Haseeb would have been eligible for a work permit for a job at Imperial Oil but he was neither a Canadian citizen nor permanent resident. In his application, he stated — falsely — that he was in fact eligible to work on a permanent basis. This led to a job offer. But when Imperial Oil asked for proof of citizenship or permanent residency, he could not provide it. As a result, Imperial Oil rescinded the offer.

Before the human rights tribunal the company argued that the offer was rescinded because of Haseeb’s dishonesty, not his lack of citizenship. The tribunal held that although Haseeb may have been dishonest, the discriminatory policy the company followed was enough to constitute a violation of Ontario’s Human Rights Code. What discriminatory policy is that, you may ask? The employer distinguished between candidates based on whether or not they were Canadian citizens. The tribunal ruled that this distinction was not a bona fide occupational requirement. Though it is legitimate not to hire someone because they lied, if the reason they lied was to avoid discriminatory treatment, the tribunal held, the lie is justified and the question illegal.
Under Ontario human rights law, successful applicants are put in the position they would have been in but for the discriminatory action. Haseeb successfully argued that he was entitled to be paid lost income for the four years — yes, four years — his case took to be heard and decided. On top of that, he was awarded $15,000 as compensation for injury to his dignity, feelings and self-respect.
In recent years, some in the employment law community have called for the tribunal to increase its awards for cases of egregious discriminatory behaviour against vulnerable workers. Decisions like the Haseeb case suggest these calls have been at least partially answered. In 2013, the tribunal awarded a supervisor $420,000, almost 10 years of back pay, against a school board that discriminated against her for her disability. In 2015, two temporary foreign workers who were severely mistreated and sexually harassed were awarded $200,000 in damages. In 2018, a retail worker was awarded $200,000 in damages for sexual harassment and solicitation by her employer. These are only a few examples, and there are sure to be many more to come.

Two important mechanisms available at the tribunal that are not available in court are the ability to order reinstatement, as well as an essentially unlimited ability to order payment of lost income. The tribunal, which prides itself for being accessible to vulnerable people, has therefore become a critical forum for employees seeking redress for discriminatory actions from their current and former employers. And accessibility to it has widened significantly since 2008, when the Human Rights Commission lost its gatekeeping role so that any case can now proceed directly to the tribunal. Since then, the number of human rights applications has exploded, reaching 4,500 applications in 2018. Though this has led to much longer wait times for hearings — Haseeb’s four years, for example — it has also meant that more cases are being heard and more damages awards are being issued.

Awards as high as Haseeb’s are still relatively rare. But employers in the province may need to recalibrate the financial risk they face for violating the Human Rights Code. One thing is clear: discrimination has become a very costly mistake in Ontario.

yahooligan

MAX HEADSPACE 2020: MAKE GIFS GREAT AGAIN
kiwifarms.net
Ontario human rights tribunal orders employer to pay $120,000 in damages to worker it didn’t even hire

The Human Rights tribunal bullshit in Canada isn't just limited to Yaniv's balls.

I have a question for any of the legal-minded Canadian folk here. As I understand it, the media in Canada is required to show X% of content created by Canadians (this alone doesn't bother me at all, in fact I discovered a good number of interesting musicians thanks to MuchMusic being carried on DishNet way back in the day). How in the hell is it illegal for a company to "discriminate" on the basis of ability to perform work, by verifying whether someone is, in fact, Canadian? I know this whole tribunal thing is incredibly cucked, but I'd like to know why it's OK for the government to mandate Canadian status while employers appear to be forbidden from it now.

• Thunk-Provoking

Zodiax

Probably a government plant
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have a question for any of the legal-minded Canadian folk here. As I understand it, the media in Canada is required to show X% of content created by Canadians (this alone doesn't bother me at all, in fact I discovered a good number of interesting musicians thanks to MuchMusic being carried on DishNet way back in the day). How in the hell is it illegal for a company to "discriminate" on the basis of ability to perform work, by verifying whether someone is, in fact, Canadian? I know this whole tribunal thing is incredibly cucked, but I'd like to know why it's OK for the government to mandate Canadian status while employers appear to be forbidden from it now.
Human rights tribunals aren't really courts. They're essentially SJWs with law degrees who don't have to answer to anyone. The company did nothing illegal, they just contravened a lawyer's interpretation of human rights.
In fact, if he didn't get a work permit, pursuant to the offer, they'd have been hiring him illegally.

Human Rights Tribunals don't follow the rules of evidence beyond a reasonable doubt; it's balance of probabilities. As interpreted by lawyers who volunteer for duty to listen to these cases. What kind of person would volunteer to hear that stuff? People who want to feel like they're enacting social change.

So you have a lot of wiggle room when it comes to evidence and a group of SJW lawyers at the head. There is no real oversight; they're not considered courts.

Most other aspects of the legal system can be appealed to higher courts. Since these tribunals aren't legally courts, they don't have to answer for their decisions. There are no appeals.

It's bullshit.

Unoriginal Username

Playing a Real Shen Megoomi Tensay Game
kiwifarms.net
For the full list its:
Anonymous
Julian Assange
Mary Barra
Bezos
danah boyd
Richard Branson
Kimberly Bryant
Mark Cuban
TIm Cook
Jack Dorsey
Jennifer Doudna
Susan Fowler
Bill and Melinda Gates
Elizabeth Holmes
Steve Jobs
John Legere
Travis Kalanick
Elon Musk
Satya Nadella
Satoshi Nakamoto
Sundar Pinchai
Zoe Quinn
Ginni Rometty
Sheryl Sandberg
Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger
Peter Thiel
Meg Whitman
and finally the Zuck himself

tl;dr a bunch of literal whos and a few famous rich people

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino