Disaster Interesting clickbait, op-eds, fluff pieces and other smaller stories -

What should the prefix to this thread be?

• World

Votes: 107 17.0%
  • Science

Votes: 21 3.3%
  • Culture

Votes: 131 20.8%
  • Disaster

Votes: 370 58.8%

• Total voters

Freedom Fries

kiwifarms.net
I don't see anything wrong here. I love meat and eat it every day. I eat animal products with basically every meal. That said, I really do like the general idea/movement away from factory farming. I am generally glad to pay a little extra for grass-fed or at least cycled and free range when I can.

If she thinks pigs are treated badly, I hope nobody tells her about the chickens (although pigs are very smart so maybe they "feel" it more).

NerdShamer

kiwifarms.net
Speaking of vegans & burgers, is the Impossible Whopper any good? Haven't tried it, yet; but I can't help but notice that it's skinnier than the original.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Koby_Fish

Freedom Fries

kiwifarms.net
Speaking of vegans & burgers, is the Impossible Whopper any good? Haven't tried it, yet; but I can't help but notice that it's skinnier than the original.
I have a friend who is vegetarian (mostly for sustainability and resource use reasons and he really likes it. That said that shit is so processed that it's almost definitely worse for you than a regular burger.

Jewelsmakerguy

(Cheesy 80s music intensifies)
kiwifarms.net
Why America needs a hate speech law
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/10/29/why-america-needs-hate-speech-law/ (http://archive.vn/qCQss)

Richard Stengel, a former editor of Time, is the author of “Information Wars” and was the State Department’s undersecretary for public diplomacy and public affairs from 2013 to 2016.

All speech is not equal. And where truth cannot drive out lies, we must add new guardrails. I’m all for protecting “thought that we hate,” but not speech that incites hate. It undermines the very values of a fair marketplace of ideas that the First Amendment is designed to protect.
If he's saying that, he should realize that the saying can easily be turned against him just as well. I mean I agree with the point trying to be made (the shit the tabloids and clickbait shit like Vox say are scummy as fuck, as are some of the "stories" the likes of CNN and their ilk are putting out these days).

But at the same time, where does it stop? In this day and age, hate speech is basically nothing more than "I don't like your opinions! I hate you!" or "I hate this word that everyone else uses! Outlaw it right now!" instead of it being "This person is saying hateful, bigoted and racist things that go against the 1st amendment" as it was before this whole wave of easily assmad social media idiots changed the meaning entirely. Of course, I'm not saying that hasn't gone away too, but it's certainly been overshadowed by those who just want to flat out ban any and all forms of speech because it offends them on a personal level even if others aren't.

Of course, this is nothing more than an opinion piece than actual news, so most of this shit is basically just thinly-veiled and muddled hate speech in its own right. Thus undercutting his own damn message.

• Agree
Reactions: Vecr
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino