Interesting info about Chris's family. (Particularly their parents) -

Status
Not open for further replies.

idosometimes

kiwifarms.net
Anne Boleyn. Her only child was Elizabeth I, who was called The Virgin Queen for a reason: she died childless. No heirs.

Chris is just one of many hicks to pine about such impossible ancestry, though. He's not unique in that regard.
Most current white trash people claiming royal heritage aren't direct descendants. They don't claim to be either. They are descended from a person who was related (sort of) to the famous person. They can can supposedly trace family line through their peepaw's aunt back to third cousin of royalty or something. The link isn't very strong.

Spork

kiwifarms.net
Not so much him as his parents. Thats enough for them not to contact him because hes the son of that person they hate.
Carol never showed up to Bob's funeral and nobody knows anything about her beyond her math major and that she worked for the government at one point.

David was Chris's eye doctor but kept his daughter's existence a secret from Bob for nine years and likely would have kept on doing so has Chris not found out by accident. Bob and Chris tried to visit him once but nobody answered the door. Last anyone heard of David was that he attended Bob's funeral.

Aldora

YouGeeElWhy
kiwifarms.net
David was Chris's eye doctor but kept his daughter's existence a secret from Bob for nine years and likely would have kept on doing so has Chris not found out by accident. Bob and Chris tried to visit him once but nobody answered the door. Last anyone heard of David was that he attended Bob's funeral.
I wonder if David really was away, or if he was just hiding in the kitchen.

Optimus Prime

Resident KF Transformers Expert
kiwifarms.net
Given how Bob was despised even by his stepson, who I figure is outside the possible 'no child support payments' drama, I can only guess Bob was far more an asshole to anybody related to him by blood or by law.

I recall Chris saying something to the tune of 'I don't have to love him, but because he's my father I have to respect him' way back (I may have the quote wrong), but we don't know who Bob was as a person in his twilight years given Chris is as unreliable as narrators go and Chris was too busy whining about the rest of the world playing kick the autistic wonderchild.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Given how Bob was despised even by his stepson, who I figure is outside the possible 'no child support payments' drama, I can only guess Bob was far more an asshole to anybody related to him by blood or by law.
I gather he was also a mean drunk when he was younger, back in the period before he and Barb got together. He was older, then, though, so he possibly mellowed out and/or felt guilty about his previous life and wanted to try to do right by Chris. But his aged tard cum was already the worst thing he could contribute to the process of having a kid by that point.

Who gets divorced 2 months before a baby comes? Especially in the south in the 60s...smells to me like the first husband had a hunch that cole was not his.
This sounds the opposite of Cole's suspicions that Ran was actually his father. That or Ran was a really gargantuan asshole, and just dumped a pregnant wife. Maybe she cucked him and he found out.

Disgruntled Pupper

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think what's most interesting about the Barb-Ran divorce is that Barb filled for (and was granted) it on the grounds of desertion. Google tells me that as of right now in Virginia divorce because of desertion is only granted 1 year after the desertion has occurred. Of course, that period could have been shorter in the 60s, and there may have been an attempt at reconciliation or at least some contact between the two during that year, but as is the timeline doesn't really support the "Yeatts is Cole's dad" theory.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
Was he Chris' regular optometrist though, or was it a one-time favor? Because it's a bit weird that he seems to have strongly disliked Bob at the very least, but was willing to examine his exceptional half-brother at least semi-regularly. Yes money can be very persuasive, but if he hated Bob even half as much as his sister seems to I wouldn't want to have more contact with them than necessary, even professionally.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I think what's most interesting about the Barb-Ran divorce is that Barb filled for (and was granted) it on the grounds of desertion. Google tells me that as of right now in Virginia divorce because of desertion is only granted 1 year after the desertion has occurred. Of course, that period could have been shorter in the 60s, and there may have been an attempt at reconciliation or at least some contact between the two during that year, but as is the timeline doesn't really support the "Yeatts is Cole's dad" theory.
Good point. Here's the current statute's history:

Code 1919, § 5103; 1926, p. 868; 1934, p. 20; 1952, c. 100; 1960, c. 108; 1962, c. 288; 1964, cc. 363, 648; 1970, c. 311; 1975, c. 644; 1982, c. 308; 1986, c. 397; 1988, c. 404; 1997, cc. 794, 898.

The 1919 Code appears to have been three years, as mentioned in this 1920 case, Dinsmore v. Dinsmore.

It doesn't seem likely it would have gone down and then come back up again, so it's probably right that he deserted her over a year before and it just happened that it went through after she was already pregnant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino