Internet pet peeves -

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
Boomers overusing ellipses.

edit: Also, using "of" instead of "have," ie "Should of would of could of"
Oh yes... It is really obnoxious.... when people try to sound... all... mysterious and shit... by... spamming... the... goddamn ellipses... shit's... just cringy... and they.... can... barely... finish... a s...e...n...t...e...n...c...e......

Recon

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It troubles me that improper use of "your" is overtaking "you're"
Language evolves as needed, I get that, but this is emblematic of a gradual dumbing.

• Agree
Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

Exigent Circumcisions

Why are these hands sprouting around me??
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Language evolves as needed, I get that, but this is emblematic of a gradual dumbing.
Meh, I like to be given ample warning that the person I'm speaking to is lazy or stupid.

• Winner
Reactions: Recon

WinterMoonsLight

J'ai une âme solitaire
kiwifarms.net
People who reply to comment sections. They used to be either a good way to talk about the article/video/whatever, or laugh at the trolling going on. Most commenters now are either incredibly autistic, incredibly stupid or a combination of both.

mr.moon1488

kiwifarms.net
Overusing memes
People who say a bunch of outlandish shit with no source, and then demand a source from whoever they're arguing with.
Using opinion pieces as sources. For some reason it's almost always WaPo people do this with.
Mixing up e.g., and i.e. e.g. = "For example" i.e. = "In other words"

Fek

What could possibly go wrong?
kiwifarms.net
Not the most widely applied pet peeve, but it's by far the biggest one I can think of off the top of my head:

Using an open mic in any voice chat. Use push to talk so no one else has to hear your sniffles, sneezes, coughing, random mouth noises, candy wrappers, throat noises while you drink something, incessantly barking dog, shifting in your shitty creaky chair, your mechanical keyboard, parents telling you it's past your bedtime, etc, etc, etc. There's an etiquette to it, you goddamned degenerates.

• Winner
Reactions: Recon

Piss

kiwifarms.net
When People Fucking Write Their Stupid Sentences With A Capital Letter At The Beginning Of Every Single Word Like How The Fuck Do You Get The Idea That That's Proper? What The Fuck Is Wrong With You, It Takes A Lot Of Effort To Type Like, This Especially On A Phone, And My Pinky Is Already Getting Slightly Annoyed Having To Hit The Shift Key This Many Types Just To Type Out This Post

It's Bad Enough When I See Thread Titles Written Like This, Because You're Not Titling A Fucking Novel, Dumbass, But When It's Just A Normal Post, Cut It The Fuck Out

AbyssStarer

kiwifarms.net
When People Fucking Write Their Stupid Sentences With A Capital Letter At The Beginning Of Every Single Word Like How The Fuck Do You Get The Idea That That's Proper? What The Fuck Is Wrong With You, It Takes A Lot Of Effort To Type Like, This Especially On A Phone, And My Pinky Is Already Getting Slightly Annoyed Having To Hit The Shift Key This Many Types Just To Type Out This Post

It's Bad Enough When I See Thread Titles Written Like This, Because You're Not Titling A Fucking Novel, Dumbass, But When It's Just A Normal Post, Cut It The Fuck Out
i.once.knew.somebody.who.didnt.type.spaces.or.capitals.because.it.is.mainstream..

Just type like regular. >.>

I used to feel the same way until I started trying to post on my phone. I know which your to use but my phone has other ideas.

I have no defense for the fact that I haven't disabled this feature, but I'd like to be insulted for the right reason. See also were and we're...

Last edited:

Recon

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I used to feel the same way until I started trying to post on my phone. I know which your to use by my phone has other ideas.

I have no defense for the fact that I haven't disabled this feature, but I'd like to be insulted for the right reason. See also were and we're...
That interesting, I never thought of it as a by product of phones.
I'm thinking this is among the first instances of technology defining our grammar.

Reactions: Piss
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino