Introducing the New 'New Warriors' - The classic team reunites to mentor a new generation of heroes!

I Love Beef

Bell peppers and bee- HEY WAIT A SEC WHERE'S THE B
kiwifarms.net
Fuck you Marvel, Children of the Atom is a great game released by Capcom in the 90s.

Capcom was fuego in the 90s: Marvel Super Heroes, Marvel vs Capcom, Children of the Atom...
Fun fact: Ebay has copies of X Men VS Street Fighter Secret Files, which are arcade promotional pamphlets, and as according to the theme of the game, are done comic book style with some amazing artwork and designer insight by the dev team going for about 30 to 40 some bucks right now.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/marvelvscapcom/images/5/51/Xmenvsstreetfighter_title.png/revision/latest?cb=20110122075235

I am simultaneously enjoying the fact that this promotional pamphlet is worth way more than anything that Marvel has been putting out for their SJW line while grieving and in bipolar hysteria over how Marvel has never grapsed why and how franchises and series come to gain their net worth in capital and value since 1996. Hint: It's not because of collecting and gimmicky hype.

Watch as this thing grows to be worth more in value than anything officially produced by Marvel Comics from the last 10 years.

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
Holy shit this has to be the most laughable NB representation I've ever seen.
First of all, there's 0 ambiguity about what gender Snowflake is, it's obviously a woman. How can you design a character that's obviously a specific sex and expect people to understand it's supposed to be NB.
Second, Safespace is pink and Snowflake is blue because "defying gendered colors", implying Snowflake IS in fact a woman since she is the one wearing blue instead. That literally goes against what NB is.
Third, HER NAME IS FUCKING SNOWFLAKE, MAN.
How did they expect this shit would fly among the NB community? Oh wait, that's right, they couldn't have known better since they're all white straight boomers with no self awareness. I never thought I'd step on the SJW line but you fucking broke me Marvel.
It's ironic that they're wearing colours to defy people's expectations of their gender... when they wear colours to match their genetics as mutants.

I've always thought it'd be a cool idea to have a group of people whose sense of fashion or style really clashed with their powers. Like if B Negative here was actually a flower druid.

Yukari Yakumo

Welcome to the Apocalypse, here's your moisturizer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's ironic that they're wearing colours to defy people's expectations of their gender... when they wear colours to match their genetics as mutants.

I've always thought it'd be a cool idea to have a group of people whose sense of fashion or style really clashed with their powers. Like if B Negative here was actually a flower druid.
An edgy, black-dressed hero with light powers? Sounds kinda dope. What if his name was like 'Blacklight' or something?

Yamma Damma

Damma Doo
kiwifarms.net
It's (possibly) dead, Jim.

TL;DW Marvel ordered "pencils down" due to the wuflu months ago and put all their comic projects on hold. Now that three months have passed, Bleeding Cool did an article on "Marvel comics that could've been" and New New Warriors is on there. The preorder page on Comixology for it has been nuked and youtuber Nerdrotic had a preorder for it that's been cancelled as well.

Did we dodge a bullet or be denied some quality lulz?

Observerer

Talking to me is like clapping with one hand
kiwifarms.net

TL;DW Marvel ordered "pencils down" due to the wuflu months ago and put all their comic projects on hold. Now that three months have passed, Bleeding Cool did an article on "Marvel comics that could've been" and New New Warriors is on there. The preorder page on Comixology for it has been nuked and youtuber Nerdrotic had a preorder for it that's been cancelled as well.

They probably realised that they won't sell any copies and used the ''China created it, look it up'' virus as an excuse to cancel the living shit out of this pathetic waste of a comic

Furina

Centerfold
kiwifarms.net

So this abortion of a story turned out to be a stillborn? Fuck me, that's a dark joke. I feel bad for that. On the one hand I'm glad it's never going to see the light of day. On the other hand, anything that hastens the death of the Big 2 is to be encouraged.

Francis York Morgan

FBI Special Agent
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So this abortion of a story turned out to be a stillborn? Fuck me, that's a dark joke. I feel bad for that. On the one hand I'm glad it's never going to see the light of day. On the other hand, anything that hastens the death of the Big 2 is to be encouraged.
It's too bad that Marvel appears to be entirely staffed by the kind of idiots who thought this was a good idea. If there were any True Believers still there looking to rub some salt in the wounds, they could leak at least whatever outline they had so we could all laugh.

Zaryiu

I miss the time when the show was good
kiwifarms.net
> They're hyper aware of modern culture and optics
Unfortunately, a character is only as smart or aware as their writer, and these people are godawfully tone-deaf.

That definition of their super-heroics is an amazing mix of pettiness, pretentiousness, and bloodlust. Bullying? Bullying? Bullying is generally not a superhero-level job - certainly not one combated with superhero-level violence. If they'd said 'injustice', I'd just call them shit for trying to be literal snowflakes on the act of fighting crime and protecting people, but this just makes them sound like pretentious thugs. The fuck does post-ironic mean?

And they livestream their heroics. Because that couldn't cause them... any number of hundreds of problems, from having a super-clear access point, to giving people a lot of their mannerisms and the like, but hey! If you want to make your first NB character, a group already strongly believed to just be attention whores, to literally put their entire group at risk by attention whoring online constantly, Then be my guest!

It's like the author's head vaguely knows what's supposed to be inspiring, but his heart knows that this is all bullshit, and it's leaking out into the front-facing facts of their personality.
Really late but another reason they failed: They are another version of Kamala Khan's Champions seriously that description sounds like how the KKC's were written. Imagine creating an even worse tipoff of a shitty superhero group that took the name of a group that's not well know, smdh.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Yamma Damma

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They probably realised that they won't sell any copies and used the ''China created it, look it up'' virus as an excuse to cancel the living shit out of this pathetic waste of a comic
They got out of it what they wanted. They got people pointing out how stupid and bad the characters were which they could then pretend were all straight white men they'd successfully trolled. Producing an actual comic would only lose them more money, at this point.

Tags
None