• "no matter how old you are stumbling upon a guy who is a cum terrorist is weird"

Iraqi Soldiers Throw ISIS Muds FROM A FUCKING CLIFFForget Chilean Helicopter Rides; Iraqi Cliff Diving is THE NEW FAD

Discussion in 'Pulitzer Prize Winning Journalism' started by Broseph Stalin, Jul 16, 2017.

Forum Guidelines
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  1. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gis-deny-drowning-iraqi/

:story:

Hyperion

Hyperion new zealand flightless phallus
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. This reminds me of the Soviet commanders who looked the other way after the Ruskies conquered Berlin. For the most part, Soviet commanders were not terribly concerned with what their men did to the Germans (though I do remember reading that some were executed for rapes of German women). Considering that the Germans had initiated the attack upon the Russians and then proceeded to lose, the Russians wanting to beat the Germans down after their defeat isn't something that's terribly surprising.

Personally, I would be concerned that some random Iraqi dude got caught in the fray and is wrongly accused and hurt by this. However, if it is a confirmed ISIS soldier...yeah, not so much sympathy. If the Iraqis transfer him for a brief stint doing skydiving, I'm not going to be terribly hurt.

• Agree Agree x 7
    IwegalBadnik

IwegalBadnik Instant Asshole, Just Add Alcohol

kiwifarms.net
  3. "This is Israel's fault."-The UN, probably

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Butta Face Lopez

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. I'm not so sure this is a good thing.
    The Iraqis are denying themselves both possible intelligence resources and setting a precedent that this is an OK thing to do.

• Feels Feels x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Splendid Meat Sticks

True & Honest Fan Lolcow TV Captain

kiwifarms.net
  5. Yeah why didn't they just hug the poor ISIS terrorists and tell them they should never ever rape, enslave and murder innocent women, men, children, goats and donkeys again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Sinners Sandwich

Sinners Sandwich Eid, Pmurt, Eid

kiwifarms.net
  6. Meanwhile Canada dispatches their entire parliament to the scene to leave a check for 10 billion dollars and an "I'm sorry" sign.

• Winner Winner x 13
    • Feels Feels x 2
    BadaBadaBoom

BadaBadaBoom Like a rock type

kiwifarms.net
  7. Iraqi soldiers shamelessly appropriating roman execution methods. I'm so triggered right now.

• Feels Feels x 7
    #27 Inquisitor_BadAss, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    kiwifarms.net
    • Feels Feels x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  8. Oh look I'm already right.

I say give them a trial and hang anyone who wasn't forced to join at gunpoint. I'm not in favor of babying them, but battlefield executions like this have broader effects than some dead terrorists.

• Agree Agree x 7
    Splendid Meat Sticks

True & Honest Fan Lolcow TV Captain

kiwifarms.net
  9. Bless you, good sir, and bless the Iraqi military on this one

Sleep

Sleep REM cycle
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. Isis already set this precedent anyway as punishment for homosexuality and apostasy, only they've been doing it to innocent civilians.
    It's not like US soldiers are going to start doing it too.
    Yeah it's pretty savage, but these guys don't really have the privilege of being able to view Isis as a distant threat. They took off the kid gloves.

• Agree Agree x 6
    r00

r00 Goin' Grink

kiwifarms.net
  11. I know everyone already hates ISIS and don't need more reasons, but one of the worst things I've ever read online was this reddit AMA with an ISIS solider. The guy was just disgustingly and disturbingly callous. Normally I'm empathetic but in this case I was just happy when I heard he had died.

• Feels Feels x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    melty

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. I would think something similar would have happened in the aftermath of World War 2. The civilians would have to be demilitarized somehow as well as 'processed' for potential enemy intelligence.

Goofy Logic

Goofy Logic Is this thing working right?
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. At least most German soldiers weren't given any choice since denying conscription meant "a guy in a suit knocks at your door" and they were generally decent folk.
    ISIS fighters on the other hand had the freedom to join for the most part and they're predominantly psychopathic.

• Feels Feels x 1
    The Great Chandler

The Great Chandler "Pickleless girls don't marry virgin boys"

kiwifarms.net
  14. I agree with you. Someone has to take the "high road" even just a little bit or else this shit eventually keeps propagating with a different name.

But if they're proven isis members, by all means execute them gruesomely.

And more generally, it really does warm my heart that isis is starting to seriously get its ass kicked.

• Agree Agree x 10
    Alec Benson Leary

Alec Benson Leary Creator of Asperchu
    Christorical Figure

kiwifarms.net
  15. You can't win a war against barbarians by acting civilized. It's unfortunate but the only alternative is to keep lobbing softballs and watch the innocents suffer.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    Ruin

Ruin Break your heart, steal your crown.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. It's the same for me.
    IS members are the worst, barely human filth that the world has to offer right now.
    Good fucking riddance.

But it does leave kind of a sour aftertaste. Not so much about the people that get their comeuppance - I hope they'll fry in the deepest pits of hell. But rather it's a matter of principle for me.
    Not gonna lose sleep over this, though.

Especially since IS is using incredibly cowardly tacticts such as driving a truck into a crowd and blowing it up with an IED.
    When you lose friends, comrades and family members to such atrocities, you're not going to play nice once you get your fingers around the filthy necks of these assholes.
    Sadly, that's just how things are.

This.

Yes you can.
    Put any possible Terrorist into a prison cell and give them at least some sort of court hearing.
    As @Alec Benson Leary already said, it would be preferable if the Iraqi soldiers actually took the high road on this one. It's kind of what we expect them to do, I'd say.

I'm not sorry for the people that get tossed over a cliff and shot (assuming this isn't turning into a witchhunt, mind you). It could not have happened to more deserving fith and scum.
    But, again, it kinda is a matter of principle.

• Agree Agree x 7
    RomanesEuntDomus

RomanesEuntDomus Ask me about DIN Standards

kiwifarms.net
  17. Exactly, ISIS was brutal towards anyone not them, so the only response is to act towards them the same way. They can't be bargained or reasoned with.
    Amen on that. :drink:

• Agree Agree x 3
    Bob Page

Bob Page Electronic Old Men
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. I just can't bring myself to give any semblance of a fuck about this, because we're talking about the group that
    • Burned women alive for not having sex with them
    • Beheaded teenage boys for listening to Western pop music
    • Killed/drove away Yazidi men and then enslaved their wives/daughters/sisters. Thousands of Yazidi women- including girls as young as 8- have been sold and bought at literal slave auctions before being brutally raped
    • Driven trucks into defenseless crowds of people
    • Gunned down defenseless crowds of people
    • Slaughtered Christians during their Christmas/Easter services
    • Slaughtered Shia Muslims during their prayer services
    • Brutally tortures and murders people if they're not 100% on board with ISIS
    • Prevents civilians from leaving their territories because they need civilians to be their meat shields
    So yeah, fuck them. I'm sure that the Iraqi soldiers who killed them lost family members/friends/comrades to ISIS's brutality. If I were in their position, I probably wouldn't be thinking about due process.

• Feels Feels x 13
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Cosmos

Cosmos Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  19. Witchhunts are exactly why people should avoid playing by the same rules as the enemy. It's way too easy to say "we get to behave horribly because they did it first". That's basically what socjus is.

• Agree x 8
    • Dumb x 4
    • Feels x 1
    • Autistic x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    Alec Benson Leary

Alec Benson Leary Creator of Asperchu
    Christorical Figure

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

Founded as the CWCki Forums, and originally dedicated to Christian Weston Chandler, the Kiwi Farms is about eccentrics on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are fascinating for reasons distinct to each spectator. We document the phenomenon, with every member bringing different perspectives and opinions to discussion. It is this diversity which has caused our peculiar community to thrive.

• Affiliates

• Power our Autism

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.