• ”oh it feels like it was only yesterday I was wiping your bottom for you when you used the potty!”
  1. New Rule: If you declare your post is against the rules, it will be deleted.
  2. Our official MOVIE NIGHT is running. Join us on DISCORD for voice chat!

Irish Aviation Authority Investigating Reports Of UFO Over Ireland

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by Spawn, Nov 13, 2018.

Forum Guidelines
  • Don't post if you have nothing to say. If anyone could write your post, it doesn't need to be made. One-word replies are automatic 1-month bans from this board.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • Create accurate topic titles. Threads should be labeled correctly and avoid sensationalist language.
  • Cite an article. This board is for content aggregation and should feature at least one source.

@Lipitor

1. did someone remeber to bring the ky for the "ayyyy" guys?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/13/ufo...estigated-by-irelands-aviation-authority.html

The Irish Aviation Authority (IAA) is investigating several reports of bright lights and unidentified flying objects (UFOs) that were seen by commercial airline pilots last Friday off the south-west coast of Ireland.

A British Airways pilot contacted Shannon air traffic control on November 5, asking if there were military exercises being carried out in the area as there was something "moving so fast" but she was told there were none, according to a record of the conversation published on Airlive, a website for plane enthusiasts.

Flying from Montreal to Heathrow airport in England, the pilot of the Boeing 787 said there was a "very bright light" and the object had come up along the left side of the aircraft before it "rapidly veered to the north" and the "disappeared at a very high speed." She said there was no likely collision with the object.

Air traffic controllers said there was nothing showing on their radars.

Shortly afterwards, another pilot from a Virgin plane also reported "multiple objects following the same sort of trajectory" and that they were very bright. He described it as a "meteor or another object making some kind of re-entry."

• Informative Informative x 4
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    Spawn

Spawn DO YOU WANNA BE STUPID JUST LIKE ME?

kiwifarms.net
  2. Perhaps it was some bong that was buying his fireworks on the deep web.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
  3. It was either a whole lot of nothing or there actually were military exercises in the area and their equipment was being shit. Either way...
    the-x-files-i-want-to-believe-print_a-G-9095787-0.jpg

• Feels Feels x 7
    FierceBrosnan

FierceBrosnan I can probably bench press you.

kiwifarms.net
  4. side note on UFOs, I think it's interesting that our earliest radar used to fuck up and crash UFOs before, and now it's either we've improved it not to crash our visitors or they've improved their shielding against our clumsy tech.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  5. I Want Ta Bahlieve

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    frozenrunner

frozenrunner I could really use the salt

kiwifarms.net
  6. Aliens were around every corner before everyone had a camera and scienemans were scouring every inch of space with various type of observation devices. Now they are impossible to find. They really figured things out quickly, huh?

• 🤔 Thunkful x 4
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  7. Now that I think about it, Quebec had another recent UFO sighting of merit, with the footage showing an object of very unusual shape. This was shot before the article in question by a few days, but in the same region of Canada:

There's actually a lot of interesting footage on youtube/vimeo/worldstar if you look for it, but they no longer make TV specials for UFO footage because the editing software to make it look convincing got too common and cheap to use so it's much harder to filter the authentic looking stuff from the obvious fakes looking to troll or pad a resume for someone with Hollywood aspirations.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
    #7 Haramburger, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    kiwifarms.net
  8. I know this is the most common UFO explanation other than perhaps Venus but it looks like a partially-deflated weather balloon reflecting the dusk sun (dusk and dawn would be when it would be most noticeable). They can deflate but still stay aloft for a while depending on what the wind is like tens of thousands of meters in the sky.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 1
    sasazuka

sasazuka Standing in the school hallway.

kiwifarms.net
  9. "Irish Aviation Authority"

So what, a bunch of drunks standing around huffing airplane fuel?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  10. At first I thought that was just a rocket on the way up, but it comes apart into two linked pieces? Looks like giant inflatable fish. Also I want to punch the cameraman for wobbling the camera around so much (zoom is a bitch, I know).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    UselessRubberKeyboard

UselessRubberKeyboard Jesus Christ, Rowena
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. The comments say that it could be a unicorn-shaped party balloon. Also, apparently he's using a superzoom with something like 100x magnification (the equivalent of using a ~2000mm, as in 2 meters long, lens if it were a camera with a full-size sensor but since the sensor's much smaller, the lens is also much shorter). For that level of magnification, any filming not using a tripod will look like you're filming during an earthquake even with "steady" hands.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    sasazuka

sasazuka Standing in the school hallway.

kiwifarms.net
  12. Aliens are invading in unicorn party balloons? Fuck. There's no way anyone will believe the Irish if they come out with that one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    UselessRubberKeyboard

UselessRubberKeyboard Jesus Christ, Rowena
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. Which is why I don't believe in the intelligent ET hypothesis for UFOs, or cryptids, because despite 200 years of technological advancement, definitive proof of either is always juuuuuuuuust still a bit unattainable....

60 years of looking for Bigfoot, and we've gone from lone enthusiasts shivering in the woods to infrared motion-activated trailcams linked via wireless internet to a terminal in a comfy office that can be manned 24/7 and recorded when when not, and we still have nothing "better" than 10 seconds of 8mm footage of what appears to be a man in an ape suit?

Remember that meteorite that exploded over Russia a decade ago? Despite nobody knowing it was coming, and it only lasting 7 seconds, security cameras and dashboard event recorders got dozens of good pictures of it.

So, how can hundreds of cameras tuned to the sky by enthusiasts every day catch nothing better than the same blurred, smears and out-of-focus artifacts polaroids and 8mm cameras were "catching" 30 years ago?

Easy, because there isn't anything intelligent there to photograph. As cool as aliens and Sasquatch are, they simply could not exist for as long as their lore in human history does without leaving a trace.

But enough sperging, the Aliens clearly came to take back their leprechauns.

• Like Like x 2
    TowinKarz

TowinKarz Actually WILL Call Somebody.....

kiwifarms.net
  14. Nah. Just the secret Irish Space Programme in action

• Winner Winner x 2
    Judge Holden

Judge Holden Corpsefucker
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. I might be the last person on Earth you'd expect to say this, but the flight characteristics as described sound like a meteorite to me.

Tranhuviya

Tranhuviya Being Tracked by NORAD

kiwifarms.net
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Y2K Baby

Y2K Baby The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.