Is 2010s PC culture here to stay, or will die off with time? -

No Exit

Bronze Medal Racist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No, why would it? No other decade culture has stayed around in the same form beyond it's time. Just like music or movies or other cultural changes in the past, all of the trash of the decade will be thrown out and just the small things the majority likes will be kept. A lot of people I know (in leafland of all places) really don't like the tranny and white guilt stuff so I can't see that lasting beyond 2023-ish since that's around the time the last decade stuff will come off as really uncool.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
As it existed in the 2010s, oh most certainly. Will it go away completely? Doubt it, especially since this is an election year, which will more than definitely decide going forewords how this current wave of PC culture will be dealt with.

Personally, I don't see much changing right away. Again, election year, so right now we're kind of in the throws of that and the seemingly-endless riots over law enforcement.

Syaoran Li

Subscribes to Soldier Of Fortune
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't think it will last forever, and I've been more or less low-key predicting the demise of SJW culture post-2020 Election for over a year now.

Used to be, I figured a Trump relection would more or less speed up the process of woke culture's demise since the corporate bigwigs would know 2016 wasn't a fluke and that the masses would be getting increasingly fed up with that shit.

The surprise success of Joker, Dave Chappelle's specials, and other targets of cancel culture in 2019 also helped back this up, as did events like the Weeb Wars and the Covington lawsuits where more victims of cancel culture started aggressively fighting back.

The Tara Reade scandal more or less killed #MeToo right then and there, and COVID-19 fucking up the economy and hurting previously unstoppable woke companies like Disney in particular also strengthened this prediction.

Matter of fact, I think the BLM coup happened because SJW culture is rapidly waning and they wanted to make the push while they still have the momentum and cultural dominance since Joe Biden is a complete dud of a candidate who couldn't win against Trump otherwise.

A lot of the true believers are in full NPC "now or never" mode and the neoliberal corporatists are throwing their lot in with them all at once because they don't want Trump in office since so many of them back the DNC and because they've already wasted so much money chasing the SJW zeitgeist that the sunk costs fallacy has kicked in hard for them.

If Trump wins 2020, it will die out completely since that would be a colossal blackpill for your DSA/BLM/Antifa true believers, the clout chasers and trend followers will look for a new thing to grab onto, and the DNC and neolibs will throw the far left under the bus to save their own sorry asses and maybe work on a new plan for future elections.

Had the George Floyd Rebellion not happened, then it would slowly peter out in a few years and a Trump reelection would speed it up a bit.

Now a Trump reelection more or less will guarantee a Seventh Party System if he somehow does pull it off in 2020.

Fagatron

ArchFedora
kiwifarms.net
I couldn't speak about the US, but even the most moderate wet liberals I know have suddenly started developing some very right wing opinions the past two weeks this side of the pond.

I will be very surprised if the National Rally doesn't sweep into power in France, as regards Britain? Depends entirely on what Boris does next.

The non-student, tumblrina and black body here are far from supportive of black lives matter. This whole chain of events has shifted the so called silent majority here really quite far to the right, and to quite a frightening extent. Its no exaggeration.

They've literally hung themselves not just breaching the lockdown which automatically pisses the boomers off, but now people are getting their first taste in reality of what social justice really is they can't back off fast enough.

Jeff Heaney

kiwifarms.net
I couldn't speak about the US, but even the most moderate wet liberals I know have suddenly started developing some very right wing opinions the past two weeks this side of the pond.

I will be very surprised if the National Rally doesn't sweep into power in France, as regards Britain? Depends entirely on what Boris does next.

The non-student, tumblrina and black body here are far from supportive of black lives matter. This whole chain of events has shifted the so called silent majority here really quite far to the right, and to quite a frightening extent. Its no exaggeration.

They've literally hung themselves not just breaching the lockdown which automatically pisses the boomers off, but now people are getting their first taste in reality of what social justice really is they can't back off fast enough.
What do you think has driven this rapid change?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Parson Weebs

SmugAutist

The Ride of the Spergery
kiwifarms.net
I think we will get our response this November. If the Democrats win, having the power of all major corporations, media institutions, and social media, they will enact a program of social engineering that will make it impossible to revert back to conservatism. Call me blackpilled, but there's a real possiblity of Trump losing, and while Trump is not a savior that will make the lefties go away, at least a win will tell that it's not a fluke and there's a chance for at least some rollback.

Maratus volans

Peacock Spider
kiwifarms.net
It won't die. American PC culture is a natural outgrowth of civil rights law; defeating it permanently would require you to undo the entire apparatus of civil rights enforcement and legal doctrine that has been built up since 1964.

Just like in the 90s, it might be forced into a quiet period, but it will be back, and the next iteration will be even more outlandish.

Fagatron

ArchFedora
kiwifarms.net
What do you think has driven this rapid change?
The BLM protest themselves.

The public here has been dimly aware of what it means to be "Woke" in that it's something involving political correctness, ethnic minorities and university students being upset about something. Which is nothing revolutionary in itself, but when people in Britain for instance think of "PC", the older generation tended to think of the time back in the 90's the Liberal Democrats decided that the word Christmas was offensive and started encouraging people to say "Winterval" instead. Something you would roll your eyes at and could totally ignore.

For many people over 35, BLM is their very first encounter face to face with the woke left. Sure they've heard about them on TV and seen or read about American ones doing mad things but now they seem to have clicked that these are a very different beast entirely.

People are also getting more confident because BLM is also alienating other ethnicities; there have been riots in the major cities before between Asians/Muslims and Blacks in the UK and France and some of these non-white shopkeepers (my own family included) are getting really fucking mad about their property being damaged in the name of "anti-colonialism". We're not white, do our lives not matter? Apparently not because "Our house is on fire" and all that shit.

Once the Jews, Chinese and other non-whites started speaking up and squaring up to or being attacked by BLM protestors that seems to have made a lot of white Europeans feel more confident in speaking their mind about them.

I've heard several times today in public and once on the radio of people talking about the protestors not as "Anti-Racists", but as "Black Supremacists". Two weeks ago I don't think even Tommy Robinson could have put those two words together in his head, let alone anyone openly say them in public without being immediately shouted down as literally worse than Hitler.

Because the LGBTQZYF snowflakes are making their presence known during these marches, they're being openly mocked as well even harsher than the blacks themselves.

MrJokerRager

I like me some nice big boobs
kiwifarms.net
Look as a minority, if Trump start up the right wing death squads to deal with BLM and Antifa, I would have volunteered as long as they looked like the Jin roh brigade.

But seriously those upper class liberal minorities are fucking it up for the rest of us as well as talking about unity with niggers. Our older generation behind closed doors make the KKK look liberal when they discuss the nigger question. Backslash will aimed at middle and lower class minorities while these rich fucks will run.

Eggsy

kingsman
kiwifarms.net
It's here to stay for the unforeseeable future, yes. And it's only going to get worse in the coming years.

I would very much love to be proven wrong on this, but I don't see 'PC Culture' going anywhere anytime soon, despite however many of us (regardless of political affiliation) are internally stewing over it. Identifarians are protected and celebrated by the media as infallible and virtuous. Celebrities and normies collectively trip over themselves to advertise to the world just how woke and progressive they are, and influence other self-important drones to join in on their performativity. Going against the proverbial grain can be career and social suicide. People will play along in fear of becoming pariahs, because, naturally, most of us want to fit in and not be disliked. Children especially are vulnerable to this type of pressure, especially in an age where one off-colour tweet can immortalise you as an eternal bigot worthy of being forever #cancelled by your peers.

'PC Culture' is currently untouchable and easily weaponised. People will continue to conform to a more woke society for as long as it's seen as virtuous and morally right to do so, and that those opposed continue to be associated with the dregs of society (such as Nazi's).

Last edited:
Tags
None